Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No longer a MMO!!

PrayrPrayr Member UncommonPosts: 267
It's now considered "undecided" according to Enplex Games. Here are some amazing answers LOL, to last weeks top five inquiries. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Population_Zero/comments/gmspu9/top_five_questions_of_the_week_may_19th/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    From a Dev meeting:

What can you make of this?

I can make a hat, a broach, a teredyctal ...

I guess they are still considering.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Seems reasonable actually.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Why is the MMO label important and who is it important to?
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    edited May 2020
    Iselin said:
    Perhaps gamers looking for a Massively Multiplayer Online experience,  however they choose to define them?

Or maybe, to those looking to avoid such?
    [Deleted User]Iselin

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    edited May 2020
    It's a flop is what it is......truly they have chosen the right name for it!

........was more people in beta than there is in the early access and it is also more laggy than the beta which had way more peeps playing...lol

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Kyleran said:
    Iselin said:
    Perhaps gamers looking for a Massively Multiplayer Online experience,  however they choose to define them?

Or maybe, to those looking to avoid such?
    But WTF does a label have to do with that? The game either is or isn't.

Bill labeling Path of Exile an MMO didn't make it one, and in that particular case the developers themselves were adamant about it not being an MMO. Didn't stop Bill. So how many gamers play POE because Bill labeled it an MMO?

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Iselin said:
    I think labels are important. I hear people calling Clash of Clans a MMO. Steam irks me when I see track racing games called PvP. That was also listed on a card games that have modes like Rummy, crazy 8s, as PvP. When I filter my search for game types I don't need to see things muddy up.

Part of the reason I left this site for a time. Mmorpg.com cant label there content so that people look for info on MMOrpgs don't have to click 30 times and read the first few paragraphs of each article for each game they don't know to find one article on a MMO. How hard is that too do? MMOs have a purple heading, RPGs red, ARPGs green. Or what ever is easy. In short, labels matter. They make life easier to follow. 
    Nanfoodle said:
    Iselin said:
    I think labels are important. I hear people calling Clash of Clans a MMO. Steam irks me when I see track racing games called PvP. That was also listed on a card games that have modes like Rummy, crazy 8s, as PvP. When I filter my search for game types I don't need to see things muddy up.

Part of the reason I left this site for a time. Mmorpg.com cant label there content so that people look for info on MMOrpgs don't have to click 30 times and read the first few paragraphs of each article for each game they don't know to find one article on a MMO. How hard is that too do? MMOs have a purple heading, RPGs red, ARPGs green. Or what ever is easy. In short, labels matter. They make life easier to follow. 
    I would agree that the label would be important if it was used consistently and correctly but see my post above yours, this has not been the case for many years now. Bill Murphy called Path of Exile an MMO on this site and routinely included it on MMO lists for years.

Have you played POE? I have. It's another ARPG with optional grouping just like D3, Grim Dawn, Wolcen, etc.  Its proper label is ARPG not MMO.

And he's not the only one. Calling something an MMO has become utterly meaningless these days whether it's the gaming media or gamers doing it. Hell there are people who have posted here that ESO is not an MMO lol.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Yes labels matter ( to most ), but that's not the question here. The OP was pointing out that they don't know what to label their game at the moment so it's undecided and to be fair that's fine as long as they know what it's going to be when it's released. If they never label it then it's to their own detriment IMO because then it wont fit into any search queries. 
    Kyleran[Deleted User]