Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your favorite zone/area?

AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
I was always a fan of Duskwood in WoW. Enjoyably creepy. Lots of great stories. One of the few places I ever pulled quests because I looked forward to reading them.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

Comments

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    The Echovald Forest and the Jade Sea in Guild Wars 1.

Yes, that's two zones, but I love them both so much that it's hard to choose. 
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Anywhere I can kill Orcs.
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I always liked jungle scenes, so I enjoyed WoW's Stranglethorn Vale.
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    edited May 2020
    Everquest 2 - Frostfang Sea, Antonica, Butcherblock Mountains, Zek (the Orcish Wastes), Moors of Ykesha (cool when you have a flying mount)

Dungeons - Stormhold, Crushbone Keep, Kaladim, Deathfist Citadel

Neverwinter has a lot of interesting zones (good atmosphere and variety) up to lvl 60 & including the Whispering Caverns.  After that, the game really starts to go down hill.  Icewind Dale is cool though.  At first.  At first.  Before the grind begins to take its toll.  Barovia (Ravenloft Campaign) is okay.

Black Desert Online - A lot of cool areas.  Cool-looking anyway.  I especially liked the Delphe Knight's Castle (under attack by harpies) and I think Quint Hill (where the trolls are attacking the fort?). 

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    edited May 2020
    Amathe said:
    I was always a fan of Duskwood in WoW. Enjoyably creepy. Lots of great stories. One of the few places I ever pulled quests because I looked forward to reading them.
    Duskwood was my first thought as well. and Stranglethorn Vale.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Depends on the game.

I mean, in EQ, West Karana was a memory maker, an iconic zone for me, it was like a coming of age moment for my character when I stepped out of Qeyons, into the World of the Karana's.

I loved the vastness of Holbrak in GW2.

But.. I could not say I have a direct "Favourite" zone. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Teldrassil 1-10
    First play through I knew nothing about the game, no one to talk to about video games or mmorpgs in real life, I was raw and on my own.

After leaving the starter area I found the town of Dolanaar, then found a group of people with a common interest of not leaving this zone.  We played together for what felt like weeks.  Running the small cave dungeon, quest and just killing things. Day and night my new friends were on and we spent a lot of time chatting.  The game was still new about two years old and found other raw players we would teach the little basics we knew then ran around with them.... no one cared about leveling. 

Eventually being level 12 and ran out of quest I had no choice to leave, all my new friends were the same.  I had to ask someone how to get off the island and found myself in Darkshore. 

This new area were packed solid with players much more so than Teldrassil.  The only reason I could think of was NO ONE CARED ABOUT LEVELING and it took longer to out level the zone.  I loved this area too but didn't like how you had to run from one end to the other to turn in quest, but spent weeks their too.

I was sad when I eventually had to leave this area.  I spent at least a month 1-20 and loved every second of it. 

Eventually moved to Ashenvale but something was off with this area, seemed the quest were broken or didn't make sense, also the population was low so I found the Wetlands instead.... Loved this area too. 

I was now hooked on mmorpg's :)
    Amathe
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    North Downs from LotRO remains one of my favourites.

I just love green, rolling hills and a sense of vibrancy to the natural features. North downs provided me with that, along with a couple of orc bases and a really cool dungeon (fornost)

also always had a soft spot for Tattooine in SWG, but that was more for the experiences I had on that planet rather than the zone itself.