Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Recaps 90-Day Plan while Teasing Next 90-Day Plan

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageCamelot Unchained Recaps 90-Day Plan while Teasing Next 90-Day Plan

Mark Jacobs from the Camelot Unchained team has recapped the current 90-day plan in a recent blog post, while teasing work for the next 90-day plan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Stop
    [Deleted User]seraphis79velimiriusAgent_Joseph
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Just 6 more 90 day plans to go!

Viper482velimirius

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited May 2020
    If they released an alpha (at best) and called it a beta, will they release a beta and call it the official launch?
    [Deleted User]Viper482velimiriusAgent_Joseph
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    so pretty much a 90 day anouncement of they 90 day plan anoucement, and 90 days......

just pull a COE now no one will feel like they will be surprised
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Sounds good. Show videos please.
    [Deleted User]alkarionlogViper482
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited May 2020
    No way would my avatar ever wear those pants shown above.  :#
    bcbullyRelampago

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Kyleran said:
    I'd sport those irl. You're crazy.
    KyleranScotcheyane
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193

razor247 said:

They still working on their other game and showing screens from this one to get money for the other game lok

Like Chronicles of Elyria that announced they're stopping development and when people were gearing to seek legal action, the developer comes back out of retirement to say that they are back to working on the game to avoid being punished for lying to people and stealing their money.
  • RelampagoRelampago Member UncommonPosts: 445
    Kyleran said:
    Can't touch this...
    Slapshot1188cheyaneKyleran
  • XophXoph Member UncommonPosts: 176
    So basically what I expected seems to be happening here. The whole "testing scenario" non-sense is actually becoming the core gameplay loop. I kinda figured that would happen and it's very disappointing to see.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Relampago said:
    Kyleran said:
    Can't touch this...
    I actually missed the reference on my first read through. 

Needs a video.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Itzme123Itzme123 Member UncommonPosts: 68
    edited May 2020
    No. Stop.

You don't show yet another render of something that should have been in the game years ago. Especially after showing bloody concept art in one of the last updates....yikes.

Any amateur modder can make a suit of armor, texture it and import it into a game engine. It isn't impressive to anyone in 2020. Especially when this "game" is 5 years late to beta....

Sac up and show the game.
    You can't string people along with renders and concept art in this day and age. The magic of importing a 3D asset into a game engine is long passed. All this time was allegedly spent making an engine. Show it.
    I think it's pretty outrageous this long into development and no one knows what this game looks like, what the combat looks like, what the game world looks like, what artsyle it is, what the U.I. looks like. They havnt even demonstrated a single second of the gameplay loop. How could anyone make an intelligent and educated purchasing decision without any kind of proof of the vision here?
    Renders, concept art and lengthy communist-sounding 90 day plans in the form of text don't tell me anything about this "game".
    Minefall....errr I mean...crowcraft.....crowfall! At least I understand their vision and what the product looks like and will be. Even though it's total garbage, at least they had the sac to show it.
    Post edited by Itzme123 on
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    The development of CU reminds me of the development of Darkfall Online quite a bit. They made their first announcement in 2002 talking about all the glorious things they were going to have getting everyone excited and then nothing to show for several years. The vaporware comments started probably 6-7 years before it was ever launched and when it did it was but a shell of what we thought it was going to be. They spent too much time on the engine and had very little for content.

I worry these guys are going to spend too much time on the engine and not have enough funds to continue working on content. We'll end up with a fraction of the promised content at launch and it will bleed players rapidly leaving only the hardcore players. CSE will be convinced that they'll be able to finish the content post launch and bring players back, however MMO history has shown that once players are burned they're not going to give it another shot.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited May 2020
    tzervo said:

I worry these guys are going to spend too much time on the engine and not have enough funds to continue working on content. We'll end up with a fraction of the promised content at launch and it will bleed players rapidly leaving only the hardcore players. 
    This plus the extra game that they announced recently already started triggering accusations that CU and its crowdfunding were just the means to developing and financially exploiting this engine (separately), not the end goal itself. If that's true, how well CU does if/when released is less critical for them, as long as the engine performs well.
    Darkfall Online was also just a showcase for the engines capabilities that Aventurine tried to market (though not publicly like UE or Unity). It's crazy the similarities between the two projects.

Note: both are/were just theories of course, but things do begin to add up.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Kyleran said:
    So you’re not a fan of weeb pantaloons?
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube