Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Recent Q/A PvP Interview for New World MMO seem to confirm my theory.

13»

Comments

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    edited February 2020
    Ungood said:
    You sure you didn't say this?
    ...very sure.

You even quoted me not saying such thing.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Well.. In any case, You're still wrong.

It succeeded because it was game that appealed to gamers, because it was a game that was made by gamers for gamers.

Anything else you want to believe, is wrong.
    Gdemamicameltosis
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    Ungood said:
    Well.. In any case, You're still wrong.

It succeeded because it was game that appealed to gamers, because it was a game that was made by gamers for gamers.

Anything else you want to believe, is wrong.
    ...third time's a charm? ....back to loling posts...
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Power gaps, no accountability and thinking like themepark are the biggest killers of PvP MMORPG IMO.  

If you can be vastly more power and/or get nearly unlimited power gains and etc. It's bad.  Nobody likes to be automatically stomped.  

Might makes right does not work for MMORPG players.  In general without permanent death or long term imprisonment. You have to guide the type of PvP.  If you want Lord of the Flies then your game won't likely be popular.

Don't shape the world, goals and PvE in FFA PvP like a themepark.  It's a waste of time and doesn't usually fit the theme of the game.  

"Don't shape the world, goals and PvE in FFA PvP like a themepark."  Or even in Faction-based OWPVP.

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)