Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvEvP Fantasy Action Game, Project Shadow, from Former Crytek Developer Starts Kickstarter

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePvEvP Fantasy Action Game, Project Shadow, from Former Crytek Developer Starts Kickstarter

A new PvEvP fantasy action multiplayer game called Project Shadow has recently started up a Kickstarter. Here are the details.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Lost me at kickstarter. Never again.
    PirrayaalkarionlogAlomarMcSleazPortzAsheramKyleran
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    A lot of money to ask with not much to show, do not think this Kickstarter will be successful.
    [Deleted User]PirrayaGdemamiPortzbcbully

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Oh, good. I was just thinking we needed another indie, crowdfunded MMO that will take 15 years to develop and never release.
    Whiteshade92Aeanderstrawhat0981rodingonewbismxPortzAsheramMcSleazKyleranjungmtsand 1 other.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    That project is lacking professionals.

I'm sure that guy is a good artist, but if he's the only one on the project they have no leadership experience nor programming experience.
    UngoodPirrayaGdemamiPortz

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    Risks and challenges:
    This Project is only a visual pitch so far, an idea and a dream. Yes. You read it right, there is no real game to be played yet. We can run at all places with the character and that's it so far.
    ----------

Kudos for being honest I guess...
    PirrayaPortzbcbullyjungmts

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• Whiteshade92Whiteshade92 Member UncommonPosts: 95
    edited May 2020
    Why kickstarter still a thing?
    PortzMcSleaz
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• TxChiefTxChief Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Sorry Project Shadow, I know you're not the same as other studios. Too many have burned people on kickstarter with failed projects. I wish you good luck on your adventurers!

- Chief
    Burned by CoE
    GdemamiPortz

john456

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    So he is a 3D artist/animator?

His work looks pretty good.However making some nice character art doesn't make a game.
    So far it sounds like yet another BR with promises,your not getting my money for a BR,so your going to have to finish the REAL game first.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    and here we go again
    Portz
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    $168 pledged of $864,729 goal? Honestly Indie crowd funded MMOs are kinda part of what hurt the MMO industry over the years (partially, not all).
    Slapshot1188GdemamiAlomar
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

xD_Gaming said:
    intrigued. #xD

Whatever.  You didn't like the Baldur's Gate 3 Opening Cinematic. 

• newbismxnewbismx Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Kickstarter itself hasnt been a terrible thing for gaming- Lots of great singleplayer RPGs have been developed with KS.

Kickstarted MMORPG's on the other hand...
    Theocritus
    newbismx said:
    Kickstarter itself hasnt been a terrible thing for gaming- Lots of great singleplayer RPGs have been developed with KS.

Single Player RPG = Shack, Apartment, House, or possibly a Mansion

MMORPG = Skyscraper, Shopping Mall, Amusement Park, Neighborhood, Village, Town, or even a City

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited May 2020
    newbismx said:

MMORPG = Skyscraper, Shopping Mall, Amusement Park, Neighborhood, Village, Town, or even a City

The average singleplayer RPG is a pristine mansions with massive entertainment centers and heated pools.

The average MMO is a rundown park, littered with broken bottles, where hobos fuck in plain sight and drug deals power the economy of the local hillbilly backwater town.
    Gdemami
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited May 2020

Instead of trying to be like WoW, now everyone is trying to be like Star Citizen.....Make a couple hundred million and don't even have close to a finished game several years later.
    McSleaz
  • Allwynd_01Allwynd_01 Member UncommonPosts: 193
    I'm too skeptic to even acknowledge this game, let alone bother to inform myself about it... or even support it. Just reading the title of the article is enough to know it's just another pipe dream.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Ok.. IF I read this right, this is pretty much just a 50 player Battle Royal game, with some NPC Mobs thrown in.

Eh.. not feeling it.

Maybe someone else can get excited about that concept.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    It takes millions and not in single digits but more like double or even triple digits to develop a mmorpg.
    Gdemami
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

Portz said:

It takes millions and not in single digits but more like double or even triple digits to develop a mmorpg.

It's not really an MMORPG.
    Ungood
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    February 2022 delivery for a game that is not even started yet by a guy who has worked on some but has never made one. Sure thing bud.
    Gdemami
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Aeander said:
    newbismx said:

The average singleplayer RPG is a pristine mansions with massive entertainment centers and heated pools.

The average MMO is a rundown park, littered with broken bottles, where hobos fuck in plain sight and drug deals power the economy of the local hillbilly backwater town.
    I don't appreciate your language, young man.  And I don't see any hobos.  Maybe a drug dealer or two, but that's to be expected.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556

Tiller said:

$168 pledged of $864,729 goal? Honestly Indie crowd funded MMOs are kinda part of what hurt the MMO industry over the years (partially, not all).

That's still $168 free money. All the other scamstarters not being charged with fraud has opened the gates to anyone who has ever worked on any game ever to try their hand at milking gullible gamers. Except many more of these to come now that a fk ton of people are out of work and more over the next few months. People will start justifying scamming strangers through things like this to feed their families cause if all you have to do is pretend you're working on a game why not, right?

An artist asking for 900k for ideas and concept art is obviously a scam. Just look at what he's saying you can do...

The game is described as, “a Fantasy Action RPG game with focus on interesting and challenging quests, a fun competitive aspect and a world full of interesting Stories.” Boasting multiple races and monster, you’ll be able to explore, take part in PvE content, co-op, and PvP in standard arena modes or a larger hunt mode.

Yeah fking right, PVP, RACES, World, quests, how stupid does he think people are after almost 10 years of kickstarters lying to us with veteran devs not being able to put together a base game(CU). People who were heads of entire game studios can't make basics work but somehow this artist is going to give us everything give me a break.
    TillerGdemami
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I see no red flags.  Guys, I think this is the one!
    TillerIselinkitarad