Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

They should just remove all chat in games

Comments

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,113
    Imagine being such an entiltled snowflake you think they should remove all chat from games and then posting chat logs.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,603
    Lonesols said:

So since every one is a 6 year old little girl and wants every one banned cause they got their feelings hurt by some one typing on the internet,

So chat should be banned because you can't keep it in your pants and can't converse with someone without being a <insertsomewordhere>

So you are saying when you go to the bank or the store or you talk with a lawyer or arrange babysitting you just let loose, whatever your ID wants just comes out of your mouth?

That's rare.

Heck, I worked in construction in high school to make money for college and even the most foul mouthed workers could pick up a pack of smokes and still be civil.

This just seems like you are throwing a temper tantrum because you can't act how you want without someone calling you on it. "If only life was more like the internet amIright?"
    Ungood
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 108
    This post brings back so many memories of the early days of MMOs when people would go into the forums and post rants about freedom of speech and suing the developer.  Haha.

Seriously, though, I feel like you're being a little obtuse here.  Online spaces are the exact same as any place you go IRL.  There's rules and social mores and they're usually set by the person who manages the space you are in (i.e store owner controls store rules and government controls public property, ect.). 

I can't imagine you would want me coming to your place and acting any way I want...even if noise cancelling headphones exist.
    SovrathLonesolsCoated
  • LonesolsLonesols Member UncommonPosts: 210
    edited May 13
    This post brings back so many memories of the early days of MMOs when people would go into the forums and post rants about freedom of speech and suing the developer.  Haha.

Seriously, though, I feel like you're being a little obtuse here.  Online spaces are the exact same as any place you go IRL.  There's rules and social mores and they're usually set by the person who manages the space you are in (i.e store owner controls store rules and government controls public property, ect.). 

I can't imagine you would want me coming to your place and acting any way I want...even if noise cancelling headphones exist.
    You sure you even read what I wrote? What I wrote equaled since no one can talk with out wanting some one banned, no one should talk. Has nothing to do with real life, the freedom of being a downs warrior. It has to do with que times that's all. I dont give 2 shits of a dying rabbit what you think, type or do in a chat at all, other than reporting and banning people making the ques longer. 

You bring a different point though, back in the day people use to understand simple concepts like the internet and real life were totally different things. Then some one let the down syndrome get out, and now we have people like you trying to claim some one going into a chat room going you are a little girl with down syndrome, equals the same as going into a store or some ones house and doing that. 

I mean holy Jesus I know most people are dumb, but these are simple concepts here. One is a real life meeting of people face to face with emotions involved, and physical interaction which can lead to death and physical abuse. The other is a internet room where nothing can happen it literally is all inside your head, nothing about it is real. You can ignore it all, read the words differently, block people, turn the computer off, don't join the chat room.  Yet you want to equal it to reality when its not.

How you equal make believe internet garbage to real life just means to me you have lost your mind and can no longer tell the difference between what is real and what isn't. 

Back to my point, you are the reason why chat rooms in video games should be removed. You honestly inside your werid mind read garbage on the internet and equal it to reality like they are the same. So if you read some one calling you names you take it personally like you would if some one told you that to your face, and you want the person to be banned. When you easily can ignore them.  When you literally are the only one who can make your self mad on the internet from reading text. You are 100 percent reading it telling your self what ever it is you tell your self making your self anger. Then you want to get the person banned causing them physical damage, by making them physically lose money. So basically its like I called you a retard which is meaningless, and you stole 50 bucks from me, and you said well if you didn't call me a retard I wouldn't of stole 50 bucks from you haha. 

At no time did I ever go, well since I find it hialours that some one gets upset in battle field vietnam cause I drove a jeep into their helicopter on their team over and over and over haha, that that equals me going into a coffee shop and throwing peoples coffee around.

Yet some where in your lack of education no one sat you down and said listen there is make believe and there is reality. Whiney the pooh is make believe, a bear eating your testicle off for fun is reality. A person typing you are a big nut sack is make believe, a person going up to in real life and punching you in the sack is reality. Learn the difference Jesus. 
    GdemamiKyleran
    edited May 13
    Lonesols said:

You bring a different point though, back in the day people use to understand simple concepts like the internet and real life were totally different things. 
    No the internet and real life aren't totally different things. You don't turn into a different person when you log into a game. You do notice that you are anonymous, no one knows you and some people use that to let loose like they can't in their every day life.

It goes back to something I said to someone a few days ago (and I've said here many times) that whenever you go to another business, log into a game, go to work, you essentially go to "someone else's house."

And different houses have different rules. You go to a funeral there are expectations depending on that family, you go to work there are expectations depending on the job and your role, you go to another person's actual house you might have to take your shoes off.

And in these days, if you go to a supermarket you might have to put in a face mask.

Now, you don't have to follow those rules but that means you don't enter that "house." 

It's about being a good guest. What? I go into someone's house I shouldn't talk about drinking alcohol because Aunt Margaret lost her son in a drunk driving accident? Ok I'll be a good guest and not do that.

you log into a game and there is an expectation that you aren't going to talk about graphic sex or continually make scatological jokes? Fine you don't do that.

None of this should be hard.

You mention people getting their feelings hurt. It seems your feelings are hurt because you can't act like you want and you are angry about it. 

This is not to say there aren't people who will point fingers if you say "shit" once. Those people are just as bad as the people who can't keep it in their pants and have to inflict themselves on everyone.

But that's life. Logged in or not.
    Kyleran
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,660
    Back in the day the socially handicapped thought the internet was this Wild West where they could act out, their own little safe space. Turns out it was just like the rest of reality, fortunately.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    SovrathCuddleheartKyleran
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 108
    lahnmir said:
    Back in the day the socially handicapped thought the internet was this Wild West where they could act out, their own little safe space. Turns out it was just like the rest of reality, fortunately.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

The problem is there WERE rules and social protocols on the internet.  I mean, the generally accepted rules of what and how you posted on things like usenet had been established for almost a decade...Then AOL happened.

Almost 30 years later, the eternal September continues...RIP.
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,175
    Lonesols said:
    You literally went out of your way to try and cause me physical loss in a make believe world that doesn't exist. 
    ...how do you take a (physical) loss by being cut from something that isn't real and supposedly doesn't even exist?

Sovrath
    edited May 13
    Lonesols said:

I said no such thing, I said since you have downsyndrome, think a chat room is the same as reality, and you are so evil and toxic you want some one to be banned and lose money for calling you something, that chat should be removed. 

Nope it is me saying I'm sick of the mentally handicapped banning people because they can't handle reading words, so the que times get longer. Only a down  syndrome  retard would equal a internet chat room to reality I mean listen i know your dumb, but try hard to focus.

This chat you are reading right now is make believe, it literally is inside your head, nothing about it is real. You don't know if I am happy, angry, sad, or anything. You can assume I am trying to make fun of you and take it personally. You could also go well that guy is so full of problems I don't even know. Or anything in between why, because I am not physically next to you talking. Everything that is this chat is all inside your head and nothing about it is real. 

You can make it real, by going to the moderators and telling them to physically ban my account, in this case I wouldn't lose any money, but in most games the person getting banned loses money making it even more physical. When all you had to do was not read it or just not get mad about it.

If you came back with a 1000 words of how I am mentally retarded, I wouldn't take it personal, or a simple your a special person I'm ignoring you now. When you try to get another person with power to physically ban me I take it personal. You literally went out of your way to try and cause me physical loss in a make believe world that doesn't exist. 
    I'm guessing that your "chat" has been equally as ridiculous and you've been banned and now you are crying on a forum because you've been called on it.

Also, I don't know if you are happy or sad in chat just as I don't know if you are "happy or sad face to face."

Other than I might see you expressing some emotions people aren't always so forthcoming. Or say one thing yet feel another. Isn't that life?

You've literally made up something and are throwing a temper tantrum because the world doesn't revolve around you.

Post edited by Sovrath on
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,663
    "So a game I played on mobile call of duty mobile battle Royale has no chat, and the ques are instant and im sure no one gets banned for typing cause there is no chat, at least in game. There is vocie chat but no one uses it."

Well if I played a mobile Battle Royale I would not want chat either...That is probably the worst player base. I remember playing LoL and the players were just awful. I deleted it after a couple of matches the player chat was so bad. I think it has to do more with the type of game. Many of the MMOs I have played the chat was very pleasant and welcome.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 22,092
    I believe that I've found your problem.  It's between your keyboard and your chair.  If you're getting banned for typing stupid stuff in game chats, then have you tried not typing stupid stuff in game chats?  Or perhaps not typing anything at all?
    Sovrath
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 3,660
    Lonesols said:
    Sovrath said:
    Lonesols said:

So since every one is a 6 year old little girl and wants every one banned cause they got their feelings hurt by some one typing on the internet,

So chat should be banned because you can't keep it in your pants and can't converse with someone without being a <insertsomewordhere>

So you are saying when you go to the bank or the store or you talk with a lawyer or arrange babysitting you just let loose, whatever your ID wants just comes out of your mouth?

That's rare.

Heck, I worked in construction in high school to make money for college and even the most foul mouthed workers could pick up a pack of smokes and still be civil.

This just seems like you are throwing a temper tantrum because you can't act how you want without someone calling you on it. "If only life was more like the internet amIright?"
    Where in your lack of education did you come to the concuslions that the internet and real life are the same? And your reading comprehension is equal to the fox news warriors apparently.

I said no such thing, I said since you have downsyndrome, think a chat room is the same as reality, and you are so evil and toxic you want some one to be banned and lose money for calling you something, that chat should be removed. 

Nope it is me saying I'm sick of the mentally handicapped banning people because they can't handle reading words, so the que times get longer. Only a down  syndrome  retard would equal a internet chat room to reality I mean listen i know your dumb, but try hard to focus.

This chat you are reading right now is make believe, it literally is inside your head, nothing about it is real. You don't know if I am happy, angry, sad, or anything. You can assume I am trying to make fun of you and take it personally. You could also go well that guy is so full of problems I don't even know. Or anything in between why, because I am not physically next to you talking. Everything that is this chat is all inside your head and nothing about it is real. 

You can make it real, by going to the moderators and telling them to physically ban my account, in this case I wouldn't lose any money, but in most games the person getting banned loses money making it even more physical. When all you had to do was not read it or just not get mad about it.

If you came back with a 1000 words of how I am mentally retarded, I wouldn't take it personal, or a simple your a special person I'm ignoring you now. When you try to get another person with power to physically ban me I take it personal. You literally went out of your way to try and cause me physical loss in a make believe world that doesn't exist. 
    Ahh, so dumb me didn’t understand you aren’t actually a rude douche, you just act like one. Got it!

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    Sovrath
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• cheyanecheyane Member EpicPosts: 7,214
    I don't know about the internet not being a thing when I see teens dying from trying to fit in and get likes and being devastated by pictures posted on the internet.

Thing is, that medium is just as likely to hurt you as any other means of communication. Everything that happens has an impact and I for one could not be bothered about the queue or lag caused by requests to ban someone. I damn well will report a person and yes quite happily get them banned.

In fact why not since they have no filter remove them from the game I'm playing sounds entirely a good option. Don't like it, behave.
    Martens: "With all due respect, madam, where are you going with this?"
    Avasarala: "Wherever I goddamn like."
    cheyane said:
    I don't know about the internet not being a thing when I see teens dying from trying to fit in and get likes and being devastated by pictures posted on the internet.

Thing is, that medium is just as likely to hurt you as any other means of communication. Everything that happens has an impact and I for one could not be bothered about the queue or lag caused by requests to ban someone. I damn well will report a person and yes quite happily get them banned.

In fact why not since they have no filter remove them from the game I'm playing sounds entirely a good option. Don't like it, behave.
    And that's the thing, the internet is just a medium for communication and sharing ideas, media, etc.

The people using it don't suddenly check their humanity at the door and become robots. They may or may not behave differently but that's just because the medium does allow a certain level of anonymity.
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    edited May 14
    The thing is, these games want to make money.  Pretty much above all.  So if they think one person (paying or not paying) is causing too much trouble for all their other (paying or not paying) users, then they will warn that 'offensive'* person.  If the 'offensive' person does than decide to change his or her behavior, he or she will most likely be banned eventually.

*I put offensive in quotation marks because what or may not be offensive can be very subjective.  Though there are certain topics that most adults agree is offensive in a public forum/area.  However, I have noted that many seem to be less offended by comments of a graphically sexual nature, scatological 'humor', and other such lowbrow topic.  Religious, Political, Social, and/or Scientific comments tend to have more chance of getting a person banned than the aforementioned topics.  Especially if  Religious, Political, Social, and/or Scientific comments are deemed to be 'Politically Incorrect' by a certain number of players.

Of course, the ToS of a game or website may have rules regarding which topics should or should not be breached in public forums/chat rooms.  Apparently, the view of most governments is that private businesses or corporations are free to regulate speech however they choose.  While I believe this is fine in most cases, this does begin to be rather problematic when a Website becomes so huge that it practically becomes an International Town Square.  Such as Twitter.  Or Facebook.  At what point does a Website actually become something more like a Public Utility?  Such as a Phone?

Post edited by Ancient_Exile on
    Gdemami
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,348
    edited May 14
    The thing is, these games want to make money.  Pretty much above all.  So if they think one person (paying or not paying) is causing too much trouble for all their other (paying or not paying) users, then they will warn that 'offensive'* person.  If the 'offensive' person does than decide to change his or her behavior, he or she will most likely be banned eventually.

*I put offensive in quotation marks because what or may not be offensive can be very subjective.  Though there are certain topics that most adults agree is offensive in a public forum/area.  However, I have noted that many seem to be less offended by comments of a graphically sexual nature, scatological 'humor', and other such lowbrow topic.  Religious and Political comments tend to have more chance of getting a person banned than the aforementioned topics.  Especially if Religious and/or Political comments are deemed to be 'Politically Incorrect' by a certain number of players.

Of course, the ToS of a game or website may have rules regarding which topics should or should not be breached in public forums/chat rooms.  Apparently, the view of most governments is that businesses or corporations are free to regulate speech however they choose.  While I believe this is fine in most cases, this does begin to be rather problematic when a Website becomes so huge that it practically becomes an International Town Square.  Such as Twitter.  Or Facebook.  At what point does a Website actually become something more like a Public Utility?  Such as a Phone?

Phone company's have largely been private, I see internet web sites being no different,  seeing both, while useful, are entirely optional.

Water and electric,  not so much.

Besides, the rules of civilized behavior are pretty simple, as "Dalton" would have said, "be nice."

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited May 14
    Kyleran said:

*I put offensive in quotation marks because what or may not be offensive can be very subjective.  Though there are certain topics that most adults agree is offensive in a public forum/area.  However, I have noted that many seem to be less offended by comments of a graphically sexual nature, scatological 'humor', and other such lowbrow topic.  Religious and Political comments tend to have more chance of getting a person banned than the aforementioned topics.  Especially if Religious and/or Political comments are deemed to be 'Politically Incorrect' by a certain number of players.

Of course, the ToS of a game or website may have rules regarding which topics should or should not be breached in public forums/chat rooms.  Apparently, the view of most governments is that businesses or corporations are free to regulate speech however they choose.  While I believe this is fine in most cases, this does begin to be rather problematic when a Website becomes so huge that it practically becomes an International Town Square.  Such as Twitter.  Or Facebook.  At what point does a Website actually become something more like a Public Utility?  Such as a Phone?

Phone company's have largely been private, I see internet web sites being no different,  seeing both, while useful, are entirely optional.

Besides, the rules of civilized behavior are pretty simple, as "Dalton" would have said, "be nice."

Yes, but no one will tell a person that he/she can't use a phone because of his/her Religious, Political, Social, and/or Scientific views or beliefs.

What I'm saying is, when does using Websites like Twitter or Facebook become as practically essential to modern living/working/communicating as being able to use a Phone?

And being "Nice" is highly subjective.  Some people's Religious, Political, Social, and/or Scientific views may be deemed "Nice" by those with enough Wealth, Power, and Influence to control/manipulate/modify the views and beliefs of a large number of people/large portions of society, while the views and beliefs of others are deemed not "Nice" by those same powerful individuals, corporations, and/or institutions. 

For example, a Right-wing Website may consider Right-wing views to be "Nice" while Left-wing views are deemed as not "Nice".  On the contrary, a Left-wing Website may consider Left-wing views to be "Nice" while Right-wing views are deemed as not "Nice".

The idea that Free Speech is okay as along as we don't upset or offend people is very dangerous.  Because what can be labeled as upsetting or offensive speech can be changed from day-to-day by those in power.  One of the strange things we see, IMHO, in today's First-World nations is that Obscenity and Vulgarity are fine, but certain marginalized (or non-inclusive, unfavorable towards Diversity) Religious, Political, Social, and/or Scientific views are not fine.

Post edited by Ancient_Exile on
    Gdemami

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 36,348
    Kyleran said:

Yes, but no one will tell a person that he/she can't use a phone because of his/her Religious, Political, Social, and/or Scientific views or beliefs.

What I'm saying is, when does using Websites like Twitter or Facebook become as practically essential to modern living/working/communicating as being able to use a Phone?

And being "Nice" is highly subjective.  Some people's Religious, Political, Social, and/or Scientific views may be deemed "Nice" by those with enough Wealth, Power, and Influence to control/manipulate/modify the views and beliefs of a large number of people/large portions of society, while the views and beliefs of others are deemed not "Nice" by those same powerful individuals, corporations, and/or institutions. 

For example, a Right-wing Website may consider Right-wing views to be "Nice" while Left-wing views are deemed as not "Nice".  On the contrary, a Left-wing Website may consider Left-wing views to be "Nice" while Right-wing views are deemed as not "Nice".

The idea that Free Speech is okay as along as we don't upset or offend people is very dangerous.  Because what can be labeled as upsetting or offensive speech can be changed from day-to-day by those in power.  One of the strange things we see, IMHO, in today's First-World nations is that Obscenity and Vulgarity are fine, but certain marginalized (or non-inclusive, unfavorable towards Diversity) Religious, Political, Social, and/or Scientific views are not fine.

Woah, way too deep for me. I clearly know what is generally considered nice behavior, best to not over analyze these things and just go with my gut.

Or, I can always ask myself, WWJD?

:)

"See normal people, I'm not one of them" | G-Easy & Big Sean

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 at the moment.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited May 14
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

Woah, way too deep for me. I clearly know what is generally considered nice behavior, best to not over analyze these things and just go with my gut.

Or, I can always ask myself, WWJD?

:)
    Yes, this is probably not a proper subject for an MMORPG forum.  Please excuse me for going a little too far outside of the topic proposed by the OP.

• UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,214
    I figured this was fitting to the topic.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
    edited May 14
    Here's one important reason why a PVP MMORPG may consider making communication methods available to players more limited and realistic.  And consider discouraging the use of Third-Party methods of communication. 

Because interfering with/disrupting/breaking lines of communication is a very effective tactic in times of conflict and war.  It is not advantageous to allow an enemy to send and receive messages without hindrance.  Intercepting messages or breaking codes can also be of great value.  Now this is not to say that advanced technological, supernatural, magical, or divine/infernal methods of communication cannot be employed in an MMORGP (depending on the genre/setting/theme, of course). 

For example, carrier pigeons were used in the real world, crows in Westeros (ASoIaF/Game of Thrones).  Mail Services really shouldn't be available in Medieval Fantasy worlds, IMO.  But Messengers (NPC or even PC) would be available for a price to those who needed to contact someone outside of the immediate vicinity.  Though the safe arrival of a messenger at an intended location would certainly not be guaranteed.  Nor is the trustworthiness of a messenger something which should be taken for granted.

Of course, a Player Character might have his or her own NPC retainers that might be employed as Messengers as well.

"...They carry news that must get through...They hold no quarter...They ask no quarter..."

Gdemami

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,145
    No matter how many time I see you use real life to justify your design, I'm always amazed at how much you believe in these ideas. 

Your ideas are absolutely great when it comes to playing a pen and paper game with a few friends. You are literally built to to be a game master (assuming you can admit mistakes). But when it comes to video games, it's like you have zero connection with reality. And to be honest, you are overwhelming these forum with ideas that very few people actually care to consider in a realistic way (barring Amanthur).

I stop here every once in a while, and the last week or two, your name, posts, whatever are overwhelming everything else. But the ideas have all been incredibly weak. Or more to the point, they have all been incredibly hashed over in the past.

There are ancient assholes on this forum that are likely wondering when you will disappear because it's been seen so many times. It's not because you don't have good ideas. It's because of the way you present them as being the best ideas. On top of that you tend to attack others with stupid memes or similar bullshit. In the end, you seem to be crying out for attention.

Are you capable of understanding differing points of view? Or is this really all about you trying to find people that agree with your point of view?
    Ungood
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 1,895
    One of my favorite pastimes is reading someone's rage post about getting banned. It's always very telling of the individual lol. The icing on the cake is a troll getting banned from trolling and trolling his rage thread.

Priceless.
    "Wake up, It's RNG, there is no such thing as 'rare'"
    - Ungood
    edited May 14
    No matter how many time I see you use real life to justify your design, I'm always amazed at how much you believe in these ideas. 

Your ideas are absolutely great when it comes to playing a pen and paper game with a few friends. You are literally built to to be a game master (assuming you can admit mistakes). But when it comes to video games, it's like you have zero connection with reality. And to be honest, you are overwhelming these forum with ideas that very few people actually care to consider in a realistic way (barring Amanthur).

I stop here every once in a while, and the last week or two, your name, posts, whatever are overwhelming everything else. But the ideas have all been incredibly weak. Or more to the point, they have all been incredibly hashed over in the past.

There are ancient assholes on this forum that are likely wondering when you will disappear because it's been seen so many times. It's not because you don't have good ideas. It's because of the way you present them as being the best ideas. On top of that you tend to attack others with stupid memes or similar bullshit. In the end, you seem to be crying out for attention.

Are you capable of understanding differing points of view? Or is this really all about you trying to find people that agree with your point of view?

Yes, I can admit mistakes (I've made several throughout my life), and, yes, I am capable of understanding different points of view.  I'm even capable of learning from my mistakes and learning from other people's points of view as well. 

(Note:  It generally seems acceptable to many people for other people to be confident, assertive or opinionated so long as their beliefs, viewpoints, concepts, or ideas coincide with their own.)

I don't believe I'm attacking others with memes or similar 'BS' as you would have it.  Hopefully it's apparent that I'm not always entirely serious.  I find it entertaining to be lighthearted or humorous at times (according to my own particular tastes). 

Yes, I'm quite aware that not everyone may find my ideas to be worthwhile, workable, or whatnot. 

What I'm doing right now always for a lot of downtime and breaks.  So I've been entertaining myself with this forum lately.  While I've been quite active in various ways on the Internet over the past several years (forums, other forms of social media, games), I haven't interacted with people online much over the last several months.  So it may be that I've been more active on this forum than I would otherwise be due to having isolated myself from frequent interaction with others for awhile.

Of course I'm seriously interested to know whether my ideas would work in an MMORPG or not.  But I don't always know until I get feedback from others, who may be more knowledgeable on certain subjects than I.  Such as whether or not something can be programmed, the possibility of doing something with the current state of technology, or whether a certain idea is truly feasible according to the nature of the MMORPGs, Online Gaming, or the Internet in general.  Though it's not as if I have no idea whether or not some of my ideas are feasible.  But I'm a dreamer and often figure I might as well just throw an idea out there rather than keep it to myself.  Not thinking something is necessarily possible or not being sure whether something is possible are different than being 100% certain that something is impossible.

Final Note:  It's true that I have allowed some people on this forum to irritate me somewhat.  So I have been guilty of dealing with them in a less than friendly manner.  It would probably be for the best if I would just choose to ignore those people rather than confront them.  I'm not saying I would block/ignore them though.  I think blocking/ignoring is kind of silly when I can just choose not to read their posts or even read their posts (if I dare!) without replying. 

EDIT:  Okay, I'm not always attacking people with memes and other 'BS'. 
    Though I admit that I do become overly aggressive at times.

• GioFighterGioFighter Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    edited May 14
    So the internet is make believe?  Is that really the argument that's being posed here....
    "it's not real because I'm not physically in front of someone... so I shouldn't get punished for being a jerk."  So the counter point is if it's all just make believe why can't you just keep your thoughts to yourself?  Why bother saying them in make believe if it doesn't matter?

Oh... you just want to trash people because your life sucks irl and you felt like you had power somewhere until you were banned.  Womp... womp...

Bro... going to be blunt here, but you're looking fairly socially inept.  You keep making fun of everyone's intelligence, but on an objective level - you're really dumb.  You're like the guy that calls women sluts then wonders why women won't be with a "nice guy like me".
    Ancient_ExileUngood
This discussion has been closed.