Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

honest look.

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
This will sound cold, but facts are facts,
Developers are lazy, incompetent and refuse to use modern graphic and coding tools available for the year 2020, their stuck in 1999 and feel compelled to reinvent everything.  I talk about lazy, it's deeper than that, no passion, they seem to refuse to work for free.  A huge project such as this, you would think they would have at least 25% done before they announced the project and sought backers. No pay me first !

Re inventing everything puts a huge delay in production because its not going smoothly as they hoped. 

It shows too,  
Each "segment of game play" is highly censored, choreographed and tailored as a stand alone program.  Proof being their are not many of them.  Proof being were all in speculation on everything.

I follow CohhCarnage and many of his streaming game plays.  I feel I know him well and have a lot of respect.  He's invited to all Pantheon streaming game plays, yet he has a look of disappointment each time as he is going along with the mess he is asked to overlook.  I don't think he really backs this game, however that's only my opinion.   

Where are towns and villages, where is that level one player, where is that solo player gathering materials to craft ?
A family member ask the kidnapper, show me proof of life ?...... Where is it for Pantheon ?...... 6 years ?  

mmolouGdemamiNanfoodle

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    "refuse to work for free"

If you have the means than you can but most people need a job that pays and no matter how much passion you have it isn't going to put food on the table and feed your kids. How can you accuse anyone of not having passion for not working for free. That is not even a legitimate complaint or test of one's commitment.

If you are rich and your bills are paid you have the luxury to indulge in developing a game as a hobby. Are you saying that only rich people have passion for the games they create? Most people cannot afford to develop games without help and they have to pay employees and other people who also will not work for free.

You don't work for free right but you expect other people to work for free because they should be passionate enough to do so. Seems like a spurious gauge.

People ask for backers because they don't have money and to be honest even if I had money I would not risk it on this genre. Why should a developer risk their own money when there is a system in place that allows them to share the costs of building a game with the fans of the genre. Fans who understand and support the games they want made. 

If you're unhappy with the path, goals, course and pace of development, don't invest. They're not twisting your arm to invest. You don't have any insight about development of games in general and what is worst you're grousing about something you have absolutely no interest in except as your punching bag from what I see.

You should just stop following the development of this game at this point since it is obvious your opinion of the game is very low and it holds none of the levels of development you expect. Since you haven't invested a single cent it should not be difficult for you to let it go.

GreatnessmmolouRemaliAncient_Exile
    Chamber of Chains
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited May 2020
    It simply shows no passion.
    The game was invented on a bar napkin then asked for backing.

Again, pay me first then I'll put more ideas on the napkin. 

People were holding this team in high regards for what ?
    They seem to demonstrate none of that.
    Gdemamimmolou
  • DafAtRandomDafAtRandom Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Where is that level one player ? When is the last time you've seen a game trying to attract players by showing off level one ? Maybe more importantly, who cares about a half naked character wielding a dull weapon swinging at low level monsters ?

But then again, if they were to show level one and starting villages and how to craft a wooden stick, you'd be complaining you're not seeing group play and better looking gear and dungeons.

You accuse the devs of being lazy, yet you regurgitate the same pre digested delete5230 crap you always let dribble out of your mouth and on to these forums day in and day out without fault.
    Where is that level one player ? When is the last time you've seen a game trying to attract players by showing off level one ? Maybe more importantly, who cares about a half naked character wielding a dull weapon swinging at low level monsters ?

But then again, if they were to show level one and starting villages and how to craft a wooden stick, you'd be complaining you're not seeing group play and better looking gear and dungeons.

You accuse the devs of being lazy, yet you regurgitate the same pre digested delete5230 crap you always let dribble out of your mouth and on to these forums day in and day out without fault.
    You took the entire post out of context, 
    No starting villages, cities or towns, no level one characters show their is NO CONTENT !

All we have are a few files loaded up to demonstrate some group play..... Where's the beef ? 

Lazy for the fact they show no passion only dollars,
    Instead of proving me wrong on their laziness, you throw it beck on me for my redundancy to hide the fact they are lazy :)

Gdemamimmolou
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    edited May 2020
    Just in case you didn't realize this, we didn't miss these posts.
    [Deleted User]delete5230NanfoodleWaan
    DMKano said:
    Smashing that horse into base particles at this point. 
    I wouldn't be doing this as bad if they weren't taking advantage of people money. 

I stand up against all corruption and deceitfulness. 

It's kind of what Batman does B)   
    GdemamimmolouTokkenNanfoodle
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    DMKano said:
    I wouldn't be doing this as bad if they weren't taking advantage of people money. 

But no your money. Let's be clear about that. 

And you are just looking out for everyone else? Such a humanitarian.
    KyleranNanfoodleAncient_Exile
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342
    ...more like Barnacle Boy.
    delete5230
    edited May 2020
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

But no your money. Let's be clear about that. 

And you are just looking out for everyone else? Such a humanitarian.
    Yes.... Seriously looking out for everyone getting victimized.

I care deeply for others,
    People say you can't win an mmorpg.... I found a way, I win everytime in a true mmorpg. I help everyone and expect nothing in return.

Same as real life.
    Gdemamimmolou
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited May 2020
    Just pick from the available pool of options and forget about future mmorpg's. I did and haven't looked back, something actually comes i'll check it out, if not, np, i have mmorpg's to call home, SWG and Wow.

Its just been years of broken promises, and mmorpg's which at the last minute switch to not an mmorpg, example: Torchlight Frontiers, New World...

mmorpg dream scams, example: Chronicles of Elyria and too many more to even mention

mmorpgs that will forever be "in production" to avoid retribution on all levels, example: Star Citizen 

and even ones that seemed to be in the hands of professional's only to have gone on for years and years with really nothing to show for it, example: Pantheon, Camelot Unchained.

Then even ones that do come to light run like crap and generally just not that great, example: Shroud of the Avatar.

Pick, play and forget.
    Sovrathdelete5230KyleranAncient_Exile
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,739
    I watched a couple of the videos and the dev team looked bored....Half the time a couple of them didnt even bother to join combat. ALso the game was dull and uninspiring. I certainly didn't feel like backing it after that.
    Ancient_Exile
    I watched a couple of the videos and the dev team looked bored....Half the time a couple of them didnt even bother to join combat. ALso the game was dull and uninspiring. I certainly didn't feel like backing it after that.
    That's because all you have been watching are staged video clips to display some combat. The game isn't even started yet. 

Not sure if it ever will be. 
    Gdemami
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547
    DMKano said:

So, if you are Batman, then does that make Pantheon "Robbing" (see what I did there?)lol
    Sovrath

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    I've only seen one MMO Kickstarter that could be considered a scam. This ain't it, chief. 
    GdemamiKyleranAncient_Exile
  • Mylan12Mylan12 Member UncommonPosts: 288
    This will sound cold, but facts are facts,
    Developers are lazy, incompetent and refuse to use modern graphic and coding tools available for the year 2020, their stuck in 1999 and feel compelled to reinvent everything.  I talk about lazy, it's deeper than that, no passion, they seem to refuse to work for free.  A huge project such as this, you would think they would have at least 25% done before they announced the project and sought backers. No pay me first !

Re inventing everything puts a huge delay in production because its not going smoothly as they hoped. 

It shows too,  
    Each "segment of game play" is highly censored, choreographed and tailored as a stand alone program.  Proof being their are not many of them.  Proof being were all in speculation on everything.

I follow CohhCarnage and many of his streaming game plays.  I feel I know him well and have a lot of respect.  He's invited to all Pantheon streaming game plays, yet he has a look of disappointment each time as he is going along with the mess he is asked to overlook.  I don't think he really backs this game, however that's only my opinion.   

Where are towns and villages, where is that level one player, where is that solo player gathering materials to craft ?
    A family member ask the kidnapper, show me proof of life ?...... Where is it for Pantheon ?...... 6 years ?  

Well if the game ever does get finished and is released. And you decide to play it. Please let me know which server or world you are on so that I can pick another one.
    KyleranChildoftheShadows
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

I'm going to offer that could be you supplying/attributing those emotions to them.

To that point, they are developers, they know every inch of what they are playing through and have played through it if not quickly supplied developer codes to get by areas that they have played through countless times.

they aren't approaching the material like players.

I suggest that you were bored, not your type of combat, you see their more clinical faces so obviously they have to be bored.
    Ancient_Exile
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I think you got this game a tad wrong.
    MOST crowd funded games are just as you think this game is however this game has investors.The crowd funded part is imo icing on the cake,they are asking for it because everyone else is as well,so why not.

I don't agree with crowd funding at all,in reality it is called FREE handouts but of course crowd funding sounds better.

So because they have investors,i think this is why they don't need to actively push for crowd funding like we see other games doing it.

The way i see this project is it being similar to Vanguard.Perhaps they captured a few new tools,some new ideas,Brad partnered with some new faces and they figured they could pull off a better version than what Pantheon was which in reality wasn't bad,just buggy.

I have in reality given up on a new HQ mmorpg coming out,the market is way too simple right now,throw a thousand piles of crap  at the wall and see if any stick.Luckily i still play Atlas and enjoy what it offers me, a sort of realistic role play environment.Then when i need a break i play the MANY other games i love like all the COD games,some old Shining force games,Langrisser 2,watch the UFC,movies,there is PLENTY of entertainment to go around without needing any of the crap being advertised to me.

Ancient_Exile

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    I hate myself and feel like reading some inane drivel. Ah a delete5230 post where he didn't even bother to capitalize the title.

Perfect.
    [Deleted User]

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Nilden said:
    I hate myself and feel like reading some inane drivel. Ah a delete5230 post where he didn't even bother to capitalize the title.

Perfect.
    I don't know, I kind of enjoy trying to decipher the rambling, incomplete sentences and non sequiturs.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    I dropped money on the development of this game and I don't feel the need to have you speak for me. 
    KyleranAmathe
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Nilden said:

Perfect.
    I don't know, I kind of enjoy trying to decipher the rambling, incomplete sentences and non sequiturs.
    Besides, if you go off topic the moderators can't really tell.

;)
    Waan

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    edited May 2020

"If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,259
    And people wonder why studios develop their games in secrecy and force NDA's...

Entitled gamers can't handle it without freaking out much less understanding what's going on lol
    [Deleted User]
    edited May 2020
    Because it's me, I was expecting stronger resistance.  But like my opening statement "facts are facts".

Some highlights from posters:

- Why should they work for free ?
    Because they should demonstrate passion, Proof their is a game being made, give a potential opportunity for backers to say I-like-what-I-see..... Visionary Realms demonstrated NONE OF THIS.....It makes one think, how they found backers !

- Subscribe or donate you would understand more ?
    This is easy...... Like what ?
    It's my understanding the official message boards are lit up with basic questions that go unanswered.  Same questions as here. 

- I've only seen one MMO Kickstarter that could be considered a scam. 
    Not really a scam, but lazy, and no passion that could lead to failure. 

- Investors more so than crowd funded.
    Only sensible rebuttal however this is going off topic. No proof of life this game is being made.  Again 6 years ?

- I dropped money on the development, you shouldn't have an opinion.  
    WHAT ?...... I'll say it again....WHAT ?
    My answer to this is so deep it could be it's own topic. Good luck with your $1,000. Have you seen proof-of-life before you invested ?
    Did you say I-like-what-i-see (refer to first highlight)?
    Gdemami
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    edited May 2020
    Babuinix said:
    And people wonder why studios develop their games in secrecy and force NDA's...

Entitled gamers can't handle it without freaking out much less understanding what's going on lol

Best not to be overly concerned about potentially Upcoming MMORPGs.  There's more to life than games.  Honestly, I'm not kidding.  In fact, I have even experienced some of it.  Anyway, True Believers, don't fret.  Que Sera, Sera.

In the meantime, here's a little music to help soothe the pain any worried or disappointed gamers may feel inside.

Post edited by Ancient_Exile on
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)