Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RPGs and Stories

13»

Comments

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:

How would you handle 2 (or more) players affecting the same part of the world in different or opposite ways?
    What do you mean exactly?

One player cuts a tree down, another one plants a tree?

One player delivers a village from calamity and then another one burns it down?

One player saves a king from an illness (natural or magical) by finding the antidote, then another player sneaks in to assassinate the same king?

No on the first one, yes for the following 2.

Let's not derail this thread, too, into another "my perfect world" thread. This is about RPG stories :)

Well then I guess you don't really want an answer to your question in this thread?  Is that what you're saying?  (Note:  Not trying to be argumentative.  Seriously asking.)
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    AlBQuirky said:
    AlBQuirky said:

How would you handle 2 (or more) players affecting the same part of the world in different or opposite ways?
    What do you mean exactly?

One player cuts a tree down, another one plants a tree?

One player delivers a village from calamity and then another one burns it down?

One player saves a king from an illness (natural or magical) by finding the antidote, then another player sneaks in to assassinate the same king?

No on the first one, yes for the following 2.

Let's not derail this thread, too, into another "my perfect world" thread. This is about RPG stories :)

Well then I guess you don't really want an answer to your question in this thread?  Is that what you're saying?  (Note:  Not trying to be argumentative.  Seriously asking.)

Yes.

I'd like an answer, but this thread is not the place for it.

At first, I gave an in-depth response. After reading through it, I figured I didn't want to go down this path here. Time and place for everything, right? :)

I'm actually surprised that this thread got revived :lol:

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

AlBQuirky said:

Yes.

At first, I gave an in-depth response. After reading through it, I figured I didn't want to go down this path here. Time and place for everything, right? :)

Well then please ask the question in a place where you would like to find the answer. 

Don't be so surprised.  The power to control the world is in which finger?

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    AlBQuirky said:

Yes.

Well then please ask the question in a place where you would like to find the answer. 

According to most here that would be the middle finger, both of them in special occasions.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    AlBQuirky
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

lahnmir said:
    AlBQuirky said:

Yes.

According to most here that would be the middle finger, both of them in special occasions.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir

• BkainBkain Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    If the game has a character I really like,I will do this. But now I play NHL 23, and I I didn't do that for I just think it's a game.