Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Population Zero Addresses Launch Concerns After Rocky Early Access Release

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imagePopulation Zero Addresses Launch Concerns After Rocky Early Access Release

It looks like Population Zero's recent launch has been mired with issues as the team issues a statement outlining upcoming fixes.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SparkaSparka Member UncommonPosts: 52
    Yeah, most of us knew this game was going to be trash.
    Alomardoomexhoenens1Pirraya
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Sparka said:
    My mother-in-law gets 1 out of 1000 guesses correct and thinks she's been spoken to by God. Sitting in the forums complaining about every game to be released doesn't mean dick to me. You knew nothing.  
    [Deleted User]Azaron_NightbladePanzerbeorne39MissingSignal[Deleted User]RexKushmanSignexsschruppGrandpaDJPaxim1755and 3 others.
  • GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    When I see any new survival game -------> waits 3months for them to get their shit together with servers.
    doomexsschruppTacticalZombeh
  • justintbhsjustintbhs Member UncommonPosts: 80

Sparka said:

My mother-in-law gets 1 out of 1000 guesses correct and thinks she's been spoken to by God. Sitting in the forums complaining about every game to be released doesn't mean dick to me. You knew nothing.  

Sounds like what the star citizen backers are going to sound like when that game flops.
    doomexPirraya[Deleted User]strawhat0981
  • UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    First off real quick I'm loving it! I always find it funny, players who buy early access(especially mmorpg's) jump on reviews after 1-3 hours and rip into the game and review bomb it. They state the obvious with the same problems most if not all early access mmo's have. Never understood the player who buys early access and complains about bugs, server issues, character wipes and such. We all know ea mmo's are not the finished game and more often then not will be packed with tons of isues. If your that player do not buy games until they are at least launch 1.0 or you roll the dice and deal with an unfinished game. I've been playing video games for over 35yrs and mmorpg's for about 20yrs I roll the dice on tons of the games, some burn you other never update that's the risk we take. Look if it is 1-2 months later and it is unplayable review bomb them with thumbs down and 1.5
    sschruppPaxim1755defroststar
  • mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Around 1k players in the last 24h on steam, I think more then half refunded already so less than 2h gameplay, and 40% thinks thats a "good" game. What a start. When developers gonna realise people dont need games like this?
    Pirraya
  • PortzPortz Member UncommonPosts: 118
    Not much to do in game. Quests like collect 100 Raw Meat is big no for me.
    SignexkitaradPirraya[Deleted User]
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I read the reviews on Steam and I think the game needs a lot more time to bake and I wouldn't recommend buying it based on what those who wrote in depth reviews had to say. Even by early access standards this has been a particularly poor release.
    PirrayaTacticalZombehPortz

• PuReDusTPuReDusT Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Name checks out
    PirrayaGroqstrongMcSleaz
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684
    I think Steam needs to implement an IQ check before someone is allowed to buy an Early Access game. Or at the very least have like 7 rounds of:

1. "Are you sure you want to buy an unfinished game?"
    2. "Are you sure you're OK playing a game with a ton of bugs?"
    3. "Are you positive you enjoy playing games where servers will be down 1 out of 3 hours?"
    4. "You're telling me you're not going to give a game in an Alpha state a negative review after 1 hour of playing it?"
    5. "Please enter the 3rd letter of each sentence in the Early Access warning to really show us you're not an idiot and WANT to help test an Early Access game."
    6. "Before clicking Next, go to the fridge and make sure you're not out of Milk. Give any pets you have fresh water. Brush your teeth. Are you sure you understand what an Early Access game is?"
    7. "Really, this isn't a game you should buy unless you want to help test a completely broken game. It won't be fun. This is your last chance to not spend money just to refund it after an hour and leave an idiotic review of an unfinished product."
    TacticalZombehTuor7
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

sschrupp said:

I think Steam needs to implement an IQ check before someone is allowed to buy an Early Access game. Or at the very least have like 7 rounds of:

3. "Are you positive you enjoy playing games where servers will be down 1 out of 3 hours?"

4. "You're telling me you're not going to give a game in an Alpha state a negative review after 1 hour of playing it?"

5. "Please enter the 3rd letter of each sentence in the Early Access warning to really show us you're not an idiot and WANT to help test an Early Access game."

6. "Before clicking Next, go to the fridge and make sure you're not out of Milk. Give any pets you have fresh water. Brush your teeth. Are you sure you understand what an Early Access game is?"

7. "Really, this isn't a game you should buy unless you want to help test a completely broken game. It won't be fun. This is your last chance to not spend money just to refund it after an hour and leave an idiotic review of an unfinished product."

Your statement would be completely correct if the company themselves wouldn't have put this on the early access statement :

Why Early Access?
    “Population Zero’s development is near the finishing line

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
    “We are planning the Early Access stage to last not less than 9 months.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?
    “Population Zero Early Access build is much more than a playable concept. It is a fully-fledged game with seven distinct biomes, dozens of quests and numerous NPCs.

When you release something into early access you are supposed to give an idea of how far along it is, based on their statements it sounds basically complete. Based on reviews, it sounds like it's in an extremely bad state currently.
    jimmywolf[Deleted User]McSleazTacticalZombeh
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

Sparka said:

Your mother in law is one crazy individual then. Let's weaponize her.

Naw my dude we all knew this was going to happen.
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

sschrupp said:

This is the type of dude who doesn't see EA is a soft launch now. It's development in name only. Bugs or not this is the game at it's base "let's charge people during a empty point in moo's to make a buck rather than do actual testing because we honestly need money now before we fall apart from our spending ruin"".

That being said poor stats show exactly how the market see's EA. The excuses of EA do not matter now as the industry exploited it. They changed the term. Not us. So chill on shill.
    McSleaz
    Astropuyo said:

Sparka said:

Your mother in law is one crazy individual then. Let's weaponize her.

Naw my dude we all knew this was going to happen.
    No, you guessed. That is all.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Sparka said:
    Well, the odds are pretty well within the naysayers favor as most indie games in early access release with issues like these, some AAA ones do the same with their official launches. (FO76 anyone?)

It's pretty easy to be a successful Harbinger these days, not like when I was first starting out, predicting gloom and doom uphill both ways and in the snow of course. 

>:) 

TacticalZombeh

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited May 2020
    Kyleran said:
    Sparka said:
    Well, the odds are pretty well within the naysayers favor as most indie games in early access release with issues like these, some AAA ones do the same with their official launches. (FO76 anyone?)

It's pretty easy to be a successful Harbinger these days, not like when I was first starting out, predicting gloom and doom uphill both ways and in the snow of course. 

A guess is still a guess. Tell me a game is going to be a success and it turns out to be and I'll be slightly more impressed. I doubt anyone on these forums will do that :P

And technically the game isn't launched anyway. Yeah yeah, early access is still pay to play but the intent of it is to "test and finish".
  • Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Portz said:

Not much to do in game. Quests like collect 100 Raw Meat is big no for me.

Spoken like someone who has not invested any time into the game and knows nothing about the account leveling system that unlocks a lot more stuff, or has explored the world to know whats actually out there......
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    OG_Zorvan said:

Sparka said:

Well, when the only listed developer worked on Allod's Online for experience and the rest of the company is Russian banking and PR suits with absolutely no connection to gaming in any way, shape, or form, combined with the ridiculous premise of the game since announcement ( game last 7 days then resets ), it's been fairly easy to see the whole time that this was nothing more but a cash grab looking for gullible wallets.
    Allods wasn't a bad game, it was just ruined by Pay to Win. 
    Pirraya
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Kyleran said:
    Sparka said:

A guess is still a guess. Tell me a game is going to be a success and it turns out to be and I'll be slightly more impressed. I doubt anyone on these forums will do that :P

And technically the game isn't launched anyway. Yeah yeah, early access is still pay to play but the intent of it is to "test and finish".
    There's a world of difference between an educated guess and a SWAG.... as long as one has the wisdom to discern between the two.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• PirrayaPirraya Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Don't want to implement any worthwhile content? Just make everyone restart every week, easy!
  • sschruppsschrupp Member UncommonPosts: 684

Astropuyo said:

sschrupp said:

This is the type of dude who doesn't see EA is a soft launch now. It's development in name only. Bugs or not this is the game at it's base "let's charge people during a empty point in moo's to make a buck rather than do actual testing because we honestly need money now before we fall apart from our spending ruin"".

That being said poor stats show exactly how the market see's EA. The excuses of EA do not matter now as the industry exploited it. They changed the term. Not us. So chill on shill.

This is the type of dude that doesn't understand they don't have to buy an Early Access game and can wait to buy it when it leaves Early Access. It's called self control. Vote with your wallet. Don't be a sheep and buy a shiny thing because it's there and you want it NOW.