Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Posting problem

ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
I don't think this is related to the problem i had the other day with log-in timeouts, but it's happened once or twice before. Just when Posting something after going back to the forum the new post isn't there. The reason i said probably not timeout is because they wern't posts that took 30mins to type.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
-----------------------------------------
ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

Comments

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

I have another user who e-mailed me with this same problem.  I will look into it.  We did add something to the system a while back to prevent double posting...and I wonder if it is the culprit.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    ok, it just happened again, however it's slightly different. It may have acctually had nothing to do with it but i was replying to a post someone made, and before i had finished someone else had replied to the same thing(i know this because i got the email saying someone had replied to it) and then i posted my thing and it didn't acctually post.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.

Hmm....I am not sure that is it.  I have had that happen to me a few times in the past week (having someone post while I was posting) and did not see that.

Next time this happens, please look to the upper right of the page and give me the exact server time that the event took place...then perhaps I can track it to a log entry...

Thanks!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• UiruruUiruru Member Posts: 984
    This has happened several times to me as well, but it was only when I had opened a new window.  imageimage

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Oh my god... dont ask where i found it

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

Yes, that will do it for sure.  Opening a new window and using that window to browse MMORPG.COM will cause your post in an old window to fail.  This is because the session data is thinking you abandoned your post.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

yea i had this great looong post, which I posted but never actually appeared, sad really.

but lets see if the great admin can fix it

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...

The long post issue is because your session timed out while you were writing the message.  This happens after 30 mins.  To avoid this, just click the Preview button every 10 or so minutes...this will keep your session alive for another 30 minutes.  Basically the server deletes your session information if it does not hear from you in 30 minutes.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

10:10pm happened again.

Odd, nothing in the logs indicate a crash at that time or any other system error.  I wish it would happen to me once in a while so that I could figure it out.

Were you posting a long post?

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Medium length post, only took about 8mins to type, i know this cause of the amount of songs went through on windows media player while posting image

• ChuckaChucka Member Posts: 109

ya that has happened me to  but 4 like bout 3 posts. i would post some (like 3) in the early morn.. come back that night.. check if anyone posted bac and at least 1 of em wasnt posted. these alos wwere not long post ether... so plz tell me whats going down here

ty

Cheers, Dedicated WoW Fan

(Starwars voice) The posts don't like you!..... I don't like you either! (no dont cut my arm off wif a lightsabre) ahaha j/k image yer it's annoying aye

para.,.... wat r u on

I WANT SOME

Thanks for the info Chucka.  We don't know what is causing this right now.  I have been trying to log the post process to catch the culprit but have not found it yet.  If you notice any kind of patterns or have an exact date/time (please use the time shown in the upper right of our site) of the occurence that can really help us track our code.

Thanks!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

consider it done

ok firstly joke time;(dont read 1st paragraph)

"Thanks for the info Chucka.  We don't know what is causing this right now.  I have been trying to log the post process to catch the culprit but have not found it yet.  If you notice any kind of patterns or have an exact date/time (please use the time shown in the upper right of our site) of the occurence that can really help us track our code." now apply that to the para what r u on image lmao

serious now, tnx again admin(cause applys to me aswell i get this problem all the time)

i dont get itimage

Originally posted by ParaTrooper

ok firstly joke time;(dont read 1st paragraph)
    "Thanks for the info Chucka.  We don't know what is causing this right now.  I have been trying to log the post process to catch the culprit but have not found it yet.  If you notice any kind of patterns or have an exact date/time (please use the time shown in the upper right of our site) of the occurence that can really help us track our code." now apply that to the para what r u on image lmao

Ok i'll try make it simple this time, u said para what r u on? i want some.... or whaetvere u said... suggesting some drug right? ok now lets apply this to the post ,
    "We don't know what is causing this right now"
    "I have been trying to log the post process to catch the culprit but have not found it yet."
    "If you notice any kind of patterns or have an exact date/time (please use the time shown in the upper right of our site) of the occurence that can really help us"
    Get it??? yer i know it's retarded but when ur as tired as i am it's funny.

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahaaha (im laughing at ur retardedness)

lol 4 the joke 2

p.s. what r u on anyway

I see from ya profile ya in brissie to so i could get ya some of it......... BWAHAHA i'm joking i'm sure i'd get banned for saying that without the j/k ......maybe i should go edit it out i don't know but a jokes a joke even if its lame. Nah but Seriously i'm just tired got woken up at like 8am today cause ya know it's like 35C here n can't sleep when it's like that, damn global warming.....remind me to never say anything bad about winter again.

p.s did u notice in the last hour it's just been like 2 ppl posting constantly, might aswell have just gone to the chat room n then later on posterd a chat script...yes into the WoW forum if u wanted more activity for it...hmm that was another topic aye.

yep..........mmmmmmmmmk....... got it...... thats great

so what r u on??

ah do u liv in brissi as well crap ass weather eh?

very crap weather...my air-cons gonna need to take a holiday after this

when did u go 2 sleep??(if u woke up now that is)

No i meant 7am Brisbane, 3am sleep though, gone are the days of the 5am wake up.

on ur watch wat is teh time now in brisi?????