Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation Live Stream Looks at Alpha Gameplay, Q&A, More

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599

imageAshes of Creation Live Stream Looks at Alpha Gameplay, Q&A, More

The most recent Ashes of Creation live stream looked at dungeon gameplay and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479
    looks pretty solid, some year it will be out
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Myrdynn said:
    looks pretty solid, some year it will be out
    18 more months is the standard time frame.
    ZenJelly

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Fx are just a placeholder I have this game on my radar again after having completely written it off before
    Morgenes83
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Gotta give credit where it's due and marketing man Steven deserves it here by providing exactly what MMO players like to see which is gameplay of PVE scenarios in PVE games. Other kickstarter projects like CU and even New World do not show hotbars with skills being used in group situations but in comes AoC filling that void so good for them.

Still don't know if this game will ever release but at least we get to see some playable working gameplay.
    Kyleran
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    And you can back it starting at the low price of $75.00!

Fuck no.
    KyleranAncient_ExileMightyUncleanGentrifried_Chicken[Deleted User]Mouloxtos85TruvidiennpantaroMyrdynnxpsync
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • CombspeCombspe Member UncommonPosts: 140

Viper482 said:

And you can back it starting at the low price of $75.00!

Fuck no.

Watch your fucking language there are fucking children about.
    Mouloxtos85[Deleted User]sk8chalif
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    The knee jerk style of development is not pleasant.
  • SparkaSparka Member UncommonPosts: 52
    edited May 2020
    Fuck no.
    KyleranTruvidienn
  • vegetableoilvegetableoil Member RarePosts: 768

Rhoklaw said:

A lot of people were rightly concerned when they put out Apocalypse on STEAM. The truth of the matter is, a battle royale to test combat while also earning a little bit of cash was probably not a bad idea. I haven't backed this game yet, but I will have to admit they are making far greater progress in development than any other crowdfunded studio so far.

The battle royale didn't work. Not many people played it and since it is a battle royale it has a lot of competition, with less people there will be less interest in it. there are like only 10 people maybe playing the BR.
    Lucix
  • TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    Not for $75.00 I'll wait.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I always get this and Anthem mixed up for no reason. I know non sequitur.
    Chamber of Chains
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

Rhoklaw said:

A lot of people were rightly concerned when they put out Apocalypse on STEAM. The truth of the matter is, a battle royale to test combat while also earning a little bit of cash was probably not a bad idea. I haven't backed this game yet, but I will have to admit they are making far greater progress in development than any other crowdfunded studio so far.

The battle royale didn't work. Not many people played it and since it is a battle royale it has a lot of competition, with less people there will be less interest in it. there are like only 10 people maybe playing the BR.

If those 10 players provide good reports and feedback they are more valuable than thousands of "freeloaders" just wanting to get some kills.
    vegetableoilMaurgrimValdheimsausagemix
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited May 2020
    BruceYee said:
    Gotta give credit where it's due and marketing man Steven deserves it here by providing exactly what MMO players like to see which is gameplay of PVE scenarios in PVE games. Other kickstarter projects like CU and even New World do not show hotbars with skills being used in group situations but in comes AoC filling that void so good for them.

Still don't know if this game will ever release but at least we get to see some playable working gameplay.
    Yeah but it’s not really a PvE game. PvP is at the core of this one ;)
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GreatnessGreatness Member UncommonPosts: 2,180
    I caved and bought the cheapest package although not much advantage to getting package as you pay more for earlier access. Only game that is actually showing some strong development.

~Greatness~

Currently Playing:
    Nothing

• CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    I really want to try the game, but I'll wait for release. I understand the psychology of selling limited packs and stuff, but for me the OCD of knowing theres so many items that I'll never be able to obtain for not preordering at the beginning creates the opposite response. I'll never end up preordering and wind up going into it fulling intending to temper any kind of commitment to the game. Ah well...
    xpsync
  • MasterDCTMasterDCT Member UncommonPosts: 39
    edited May 2020
    Why are people still falling for this lol? After years and years of scamming and taking lots of money and time, the game is barely in alpha or playable state. Good luck spending $100+ more for each backer to get this game to alpha 2 in probably 3 more years. Use your money for something better. Do not complain about getting scammed when you willing to give money to a scammer
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Looks promising.

I really want to try the game, but I'll wait for release. I understand the psychology of selling limited packs and stuff, but for me the OCD of knowing theres so many items that I'll never be able to obtain for not preordering at the beginning creates the opposite response. I'll never end up preordering and wind up going into it fulling intending to temper any kind of commitment to the game. Ah well...

They release it, i know i'd check it out, until then i'll be in swg and classic.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • LucixLucix Member UncommonPosts: 79
    edited May 2020

Rhoklaw said:

Exactly, it didn't work. It flopped hard and costed alot of time and assets they could've spend progressing further in the MMO. Been following this game intensely for the last few years and that whole ordeal was a bad idea.

But, the REAL truth of the matter is. We didn't pay/fund an idea for a Battle Royal on Kickstarter, we paid and funded an MMO. And yes, they said it was for testing, well keep it as such then. Instead they marketed it while literally nobody was actually waiting for an 'Ashes of Creation Battle Royal Game'.

Just poor choices, but - if they fix the faces and movement of the characters I'm happy. Seems abit clunky still, same as a few years back. Honestly abit afraid this will be it (since they launched Apocalypse with these same assets aswell).