Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Exclusive Video: Warhammer: Odyssey Showcases Character Creation In New Video

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageExclusive Video: Warhammer: Odyssey Showcases Character Creation In New Video

Warhammer: Odyssey has been trucking along in development, and the team have unveiled a new video showcasing the character creation within the upcoming free-to-play MMORPG.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Fuck mobile shit
    Tuor7AlomarValentinaachesomaMargraveTacticalZombehWhiteshade92GdemamiScot[Deleted User]and 3 others.
  • ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077

xD_Gaming said:

it's mobile ? :(

Yes
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Mobile = Trash
    Gdemamifoxgirlsaker
  • learis1learis1 Member UncommonPosts: 169
    I'm more worried about the f2p than the mobile. After watching the vid, it looks really polished so far.

Mend and Defend

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Seems classes are locked to certain races. Not impressed with that.
    GdemamiAncient_Exile
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 373
    fml...i was getting really hyped and then ... MOBILE!
    saker
  • ZarfusZarfus Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    Yes, it's mobile, but NO AUTOPLAY. It's looking to be really good, devs are answering questions when they have time. Give the game a shot. If you want to talk to the community, discord.gg/whodyssey
    We are always there to answer questions. Classes are race locked (You can't exactly have an elf take a dwarf slayer oath), and currently gender locked, but they are going to remove the gender lock after launch, they just have to launch the game first. Give the game a try when it releases, please. Would be very appreciated <3
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Mobile = No.
    Mobile as a gaming platform is good for simple games, like Angry Birds, That Level Again, Plants vs. Zombies etc.. Anything more complex that requires you to play more than 15 minutes at a time, is just not working.
    Gdemamisaker
  • skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,179

Nanfoodle said:

Seems classes are locked to certain races. Not impressed with that.

It's Warhammer...that's how the source material is and Games Workshop doesn't let developers deviate from canon. That's why you see so few armor sets as well and they look similar to other games.
    GdemamiAncient_Exile
    Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• evolgrinzevolgrinz Member UncommonPosts: 151
    I read Warhammer new f2p mmorpg I got excited, till I read the part where it said mobile...
    saker
  • TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Looks great and would play it on PC for sure
  • AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178
    Yeah but warhammer has no canon that's kinda the point anyhow.

Apocryphal is the name of the game.

Genderlock makes sense too given it's warhammer. Can't have be a sister when you a brother.
    Ancient_Exile
  • PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Maybe I'm just too much of an old grognard gamer, but I have yet to enjoy a mobile MMO. Screen is just too small to be immersed in the game world, let alone reading anything in text. Waste of a fun franchise, imo.
    saker

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

Pyuk said:

Maybe I'm just too much of an old grognard gamer, but I have yet to enjoy a mobile MMO. Screen is just too small to be immersed in the game world, let alone reading anything in text. Waste of a fun franchise, imo.

That and the lack of a mouse and keyboard are the reason I never play anything complicated on my phone and I don't play much on my phone anyway.

• GatsuZerkGatsuZerk Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Got excited and then seen mobile, gg. RoR it shall be.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Ya'll know you you can play mobile games on a pc with an emulator, right?
    Ancient_Exile
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303

Zarfus said:

Yes, it's mobile, but NO AUTOPLAY. It's looking to be really good, devs are answering questions when they have time. Give the game a shot. If you want to talk to the community, discord.gg/whodyssey

We are always there to answer questions. Classes are race locked (You can't exactly have an elf take a dwarf slayer oath), and currently gender locked, but they are going to remove the gender lock after launch, they just have to launch the game first. Give the game a try when it releases, please. Would be very appreciated <3</div>

"...but NO AUTOPLAY..."

Will be there missions/quests/stages/dungeons/whatever that players must repeat over and over and over?
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    edited May 2020
    Raid: Shadow Legends made a PC version. Maybe Warhammer: Odyssey will eventually do the same?
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)