Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RuneScape Studio Jagex Acquired, Management to Stay In Place

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageRuneScape Studio Jagex Acquired, Management to Stay In Place

The studio behind RuneScape, Jagex, has been acquired by Macarthur Fortune Holding LLC.

Read the full story here

Comments

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Oh, damn China! They are everywhere!!!

On a more serious note, I hope they keep the same peace at the company! Jagex is one of my favorite companies, and Runescape is my very first MMO game!

Good luck!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    Runescape was also my first MMO, and I'm glad it's behind me. Because Runescape is terminally boring. 
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Aeander said:

Runescape was also my first MMO, and I'm glad it's behind me. Because Runescape is terminally boring. 

I still play it, from time to time! But mostly, the 2D version! There are some private servers still pretty active!

I still prefer the 2D over 3D ! But that might be just me! :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    And with that, Runescape becomes just another investment holding...

Sorry to anyone who played this for years :(
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837

I don't really see what will change. They already polluted modern 3D Runescape with pay to win lootboxes.
  • DDotDDot Member UncommonPosts: 10
    edited May 2020
    It's the same company, they're just trying avoid Jagex being auctioned off by the Chinese courts. The new company is merely a shell company with the same people running it. Read the comments in the reddit thread:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/runescape/comments/g9mrxz/company_announcement/
    Official statements coming from Jagex are nothing more than lip service, the same jargon they've used several times. There are no real changes.
  • CuddleheartCuddleheart Member UncommonPosts: 391
    Aeander said:

I don't really see what will change. They already polluted modern 3D Runescape with pay to win lootboxes.
    I honestly wouldn't know how it's run today.  I literally haven't played in well over ten years.  I just know that people seem to like it and I also know what happens a few years following development houses being gobbled up by investment firms.

Even if it's bad now (no clue tbh), it's gonna get much worse...