Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saga of Lucimia Shares Release 13 Sizzle Reel

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageSaga of Lucimia Shares Release 13 Sizzle Reel

If you want a short and sweet video of Saga of Lucimia, the dev team has you covered.

Read the full story here

Amathe

Comments

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    edited April 2020
    Not sure why we have been seeing so many Saga of Lucemia videos, obviously they are in dire need of cash..does not bode well. This title brings nothing new to the genre and is a colossal waste of time. Saga of Lucemia looks like an early alpha for Shroud of the Avatar and you don't need to do much research to see what happened in that debacle.

There is zero value here.
    borghive49Kyleran
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Looks good. Makes me want to explore.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    xD_Gaming said:
    what would be really cool, 0 nameplates, or hidden nameplates in certian positions so people can set up ambushes. Watching the night time footage, it would be fun to rp as a bandit and pillage travellers on the road :D
    This is not that kind of game...
    Sovrathbentrimbcbully[Deleted User]Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    I certainly like the atmosphere.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • StundarStundar Member UncommonPosts: 9
    looks very empty. same shots I have seen before. What is there to explore? Where is the adventure ?
    borghive49
  • mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

Not sure why we have been seeing so many Saga of Lucemia videos, obviously they are in dire need of cash..does not bode well. This title brings nothing new to the genre and is a colossal waste of time. Saga of Lucemia looks like an early alpha for Shroud of the Avatar and you don't need to do much research to see what happened in that debacle.

There is zero value here.

That seems like a bit of a leap in judgement. I mean, it could just as easily be a more optimistic; Development has continued and there is now more to show (therefore more streams). Looking at their youtube channel, they seem to have a steady pace of videos for the past couple months, so it could just be that they plan to put out 'x' videos at 'y' pace as part of their community engagement.

To the video itself; I think the past couple impromptu streams saw comments asking for a summary video or just something shorter so it's nice to see this video. People always have the options to check out the longer streams if this piques their interest.
    Kyleran

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    Pretty.

Suggestion, increase run speed a little? It will take a long time to run around the world at that speed, unless that's what you intend. I don't want to be running all the time... I wanna get into the action.
    Waan

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    xD_Gaming said:

xD_Gaming said:

what would be really cool, 0 nameplates, or hidden nameplates in certian positions so people can set up ambushes. Watching the night time footage, it would be fun to rp as a bandit and pillage travellers on the road :D

This is not that kind of game...

I thought it was a sandbox ? Sandbox = pvp :o
    Nope
    Kyleran

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    S

xD_Gaming said:

Will there be PVP?
    No. We are a purely PvE title.
    Tokkenbcbully
    Stundar said:
    looks very empty. same shots I have seen before. What is there to explore? Where is the adventure ?
    You didn't like the temple looking thing in the mountain on the left? "If" one can go in there and discover something then there's your adventure.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    At least they appear to be learning.  Nice short concise video with varying images and no more face reading on-screen text *at* me.  The landscape artwork is looking good, even if I don't like the 3rd person view.

Moderately good use of color.  I'd love to see actual seasons -- fall foliage and stark winter conditions.  Piles of leaves on the ground with increased walking sounds to give the world more of a feeling of life that people could immerse themselves in.

Kyleran

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• borghive49borghive49 Member RarePosts: 493
    This the same footage they have been showing for like forever. There is nothing here but a glorified tech demo. Rein has been MIA too, maybe they are feeling the pinch of this pandemic?
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I believe this (SOL) and New World are our ONLY hopes for the next 2 years. Pantheon, I don't believe will ever release.
    [Deleted User]
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Next one to go belly up, calling it now.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

xD_Gaming said:

It would be awesome, but the like nor have pvp.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I wonder if those mountains are treversable or just walls.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    My money is on CU, after Ragnarok flops.
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    xD_Gaming said:

So would it still be fun to play a bandit if you were in danger of having soldiers/knights come to hunt you down and arrest you or kill you after you became too infamous?  Or is it only fun to play a bandit if you're in no real danger of ever getting punished for it?  Just curious.
    [Deleted User]
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    edited April 2020
    xD_Gaming said:

xD_Gaming said:

So would it still be fun to play a bandit if you were in danger of having soldiers/knights come to hunt you down and arrest you or kill you after you became too infamous?  Or is it only fun to play a bandit if you're in no real danger of ever getting punished for it?  Just curious.

that would fun too, but not as fun as watching players run for their lives :D

Well, yeah, if you're playing a criminal, one of your principal goals is to be able to commit crimes without getting caught.  Or having to suffer the consequences for your actions.  But other players who don't play criminals won't keep playing a game where criminals are never caught or punished.  Similar to how people tend to move away from neighborhoods with high crime rates in the real world.
    Kyleran
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• DaemonweaverDaemonweaver Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Although Alpha footage, this is more of a FIZZLE than a sizzle. From what I have seen of the game, it is very boring, with lackluster, dull combat :(
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Was a nice reel. I am looking forward to the game and I am old school Everquest so this pace of combat is what I enjoy.
    KyleranAmathebcbullycheyane

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    I'd say Pantheon is a more likely contender for the chopping block.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2020
    Hey, it was mercifully short, a big plus in my book.

Was a decent look at what they have, I'd probably ante up and give it a deeper look but they have decided on using past designs (no maps, no compass, hand held lighting, and... no .5mm Gatling Guns  ;)  ) which are total non starters for my tastes,  but will certainly appeal to others.
    Mendel

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Needs a lot of work,idk about calling this Alpha.

Lighting ,animations ,like those mages or whatever they were seemed to be throwing magic from their hands like a frisbee,it did not look like conjuring magic.

It takes so much work to put together a AAA mmorpg,it's insane.To make enough assets to cover a world,enough creatures and npc's ,enough system so players have a variety of stuff to do instead of pvp.

I still give this game a chance but i really need to see something inspirational.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Kyleran said:
    Hey, it was mercifully short, a big plus in my book.

Was a decent look at what they have, I'd probably ante up and give it a deeper look but they have decided on using past designs (no maps, no compass, hand held lighting, and... no .5mm Gatling Guns  ;)  ) which are total non starters for my tastes,  but will certainly appeal to others.
    omg no maps, no compass and hand held lighting? Hook it to my face!

I would love for it to be finished. "We'll see."