Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.3 Sees New NieR Cross-Over, Streamlines A Realm Reborn Quests

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageFinal Fantasy XIV Patch 5.3 Sees New NieR Cross-Over, Streamlines A Realm Reborn Quests

Patch 5.3 has been delayed for Final Fantasy XIV, but that hasn't stopped Square Enix from providing quite a few details. The next patch for the hit MMORPG brings with it a new NieR-inspired raid, scenario quests for the main Shadowbringers questline as well as streamlines the original A Realm Reborn quests for new players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485
    Pretty cool! I'll probably never make another character but thats pretty great for newbies.
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

foxgirl said:

Pretty cool! I'll probably never make another character but thats pretty great for newbies.

You don't still go to ARR zones? I find myself there often. Flying in those zones at least will make it suck less for travel all around; especially if you go to those zones for mat gathering.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Curious as to how streamlined ARR will be. Good news if it cuts it down though.
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485

Tiller said:

foxgirl said:

You don't still go to ARR zones? I find myself there often. Flying in those zones at least will make it suck less for travel all around; especially if you go to those zones for mat gathering.

I do, however I was referring to the quest streamling.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I think these ideas are pretty cool,i still remember the giant Shantotto idea was pretty cool.SE also added trusts to the game which is  another cool feature.

No developer is perfect by any means but SE does a decent job of balancing good ideas with bad ideas.Maybe one day SE will make FFXIV a game i want to play full time,just not now.

lahnmir[Deleted User]

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Jamar870Jamar870 Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Well I'm looking forward to 5.3. Also interested how they work the MS. Long time vet in that game, only other one I spent more time in is WoW, about 10 years in that one.
    Tiller
  • geosharpgeosharp Member UncommonPosts: 1
    RE: The MSQ streaming, from reading the reddit translation, it seems a fair amount of the quests chopped are from 2.1/2.2 - their data seemed to see a lot of players stopping playing whilst going through the content from those patches. Having done it, I can see why, those patches are very long winded and tedious.
    I think the streamlining of quests that are staying is more all over though, I believe they mentioned cutting down on the go here to talk to this one person then come back, or go deliver a random item type stuff.
    I have faith they'll keep all the random little story bits in and the random insights into the world as I consider those important in rounding the world out, so assuming they do it can only be a good thing.
    Also, they plan to change the xp rewards so the MSQ alone will get you to 50, even doing no roulettes, and they are increasing the amount of gear rewards, again good as gearing pre-50 is a pain in the ass.
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303

Soulsemmer
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

geosharp said:

RE: The MSQ streaming, from reading the reddit translation, it seems a fair amount of the quests chopped are from 2.1/2.2 - their data seemed to see a lot of players stopping playing whilst going through the content from those patches. Having done it, I can see why, those patches are very long winded and tedious.

I think the streamlining of quests that are staying is more all over though, I believe they mentioned cutting down on the go here to talk to this one person then come back, or go deliver a random item type stuff.

I have faith they'll keep all the random little story bits in and the random insights into the world as I consider those important in rounding the world out, so assuming they do it can only be a good thing.

Also, they plan to change the xp rewards so the MSQ alone will get you to 50, even doing no roulettes, and they are increasing the amount of gear rewards, again good as gearing pre-50 is a pain in the ass.

They honestly need to to add an option to skip any and all post-expansion quests with the exception of the final pre-expansion patch that sets it up because most of them are shit and a giant waste of time.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    The Copied Factory was a pretty cool raid to do, it's quite interesting how much Nier related content they are putting in the game.
  • bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Just cant get into a game that is 100% story driven, no loot, and LOOOONNNNGGGGG cut scenes.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,768
    bentrim said:
    Just cant get into a game that is 100% story driven, no loot, and LOOOONNNNGGGGG cut scenes.
    There's plenty of loot in FFXIV what are you talking about? The entire endgame is around grinding out loot from raids.  You can also skip every single cutscene in the game (other than MSQ raid cutscenes). 
    Tiller
    edited April 2020
    bentrim said:
    There's plenty of loot in FFXIV what are you talking about? The entire endgame is around grinding out loot from raids.  You can also skip every single cutscene in the game (other than MSQ raid cutscenes). 

He probably didn't get far enough into the game to see that tons of stuff is hidden behind progressive unlocks. Hell I didn't even know how much shit this game had until I got far enough along, I'm still discovering things about this game I didn't know was a thing. Now I can see why it's subscription based lol.

As for the cut-scenes and story, some parts of the overall story are better than other parts for sure. I will say when I finished all the main scenario quests I thought It was one helluva ride through a good overall story.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    Iam talking about normal loot drops...which you DONT get. A lot of duty runs have treasure box loot...but a lot of that is untradable. I have made it to 72...so I have played the game a little. It is NOT like ANY other MMO when it comes to loot drops. Part of the draw of MMORPGs is the "treasure hunt" aspect, which in my opinion this game does NOT have.
    edited April 2020
    bentrim said:
    Iam talking about normal loot drops...which you DONT get. A lot of duty runs have treasure box loot...but a lot of that is untradable. I have made it to 72...so I have played the game a little. It is NOT like ANY other MMO when it comes to loot drops. Part of the draw of MMORPGs is the "treasure hunt" aspect, which in my opinion this game does NOT have.

Some of these aren't easy, but I've gotten some decent loot off treasure maps. Most can be soloed; group treasure dungeons can be a challenge.

SWG Bloodfin vet

• XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    I do think he means instances. He means camping/farming mobs for loot in the open world.

All instances in ffxiv more or less give gear, there are actually very few that do not. Open world mobs do not drop things outside of the rare vanity item and some crafting mats. Castrum in mordona for example drops some visors. Mobs drop almost nothing where most mmos you can get some gear and such.

As for everything else. Quest, Missions, dungeons, trials, and so on all drop stuff.

In my eyes it is a negative of ffxiv compared to other mmos.

bentrim
    Xatsh said:
    I do think he means instances. He means camping/farming mobs for loot in the open world.

All instances in ffxiv more or less give gear, there are actually very few that do not. Open world mobs do not drop things outside of the rare vanity item and some crafting mats. Castrum in mordona for example drops some visors. Mobs drop almost nothing where most mmos you can get some gear and such.

As for everything else. Quest, Missions, dungeons, trials, and so on all drop stuff.

In my eyes it is a negative of ffxiv compared to other mmos.

Negative for you, Not for me. I can see it being frustrating for botters though.  Having played 100s of MMOs I can safely say I'm good without inventory overload of useless crap I end up salvaging anyways because most is not worth selling. I remember gw2 this being an annoying feature. Lets face it, low level gear drops off mobs more times than not is garbage due to RNG. To each his own I guess.
    SWG Bloodfin vet