Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Last Oasis VS Life is feudal MMO which is best option?

badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
So the Life is feudal mmo recently Wiped and Last Oasis is released as a new game 
these both of the game has Player built structure which can be sieged by another player with territory wars politics 

so which one should i play out of these 2 ? as i like sieging settlments and stuff 

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Go with Last Oasis...its new....

LiF has already proven it's a bit of a failure...for "reasons."

badermal

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    edited April 2020
    At the stage it currently is, Early Alpha, Last Oasis naturally lacks content so there's not a lot to do.  This will change in time as more content is released.

The Devs blindly went the usual route of full PvP without putting any thought into it or looking at what has happened in the last 5 - 10 years of PvP survival gamess.  Not unexpectedly it almost instantly sank to the lowest common denominators of Ganking and Zerg Herds.  Quelle surprise.  There's a chunk of players who like the security of the herd and possibly enjoy being told what to do and when to do it.  The big clans are quite vocal on "this is how the game should be played."

There's a chunk of players who play solo or in a duo/trio or tiny clan who are tired of being easy fodder for big clans.  They mostly await the implementation of Private Servers a la Ark/Atlas.  The remaining chunk is made up of players who still solo or duo/trio or are in a tiny clan who find a relatively safe spot and hide there as much as they can.  If it's safe they dart out to grab resources or whatever and dart back again, stashing the resources in a Walker they have parked in the Lobby.

That's the 3 main playstyles, broadly speaking, although what % they each take up is anyone's guess.  None of those playstyles appeal to me at all, so I'll hold back on purchase for a year or so.  Once they put more thought into the game I shall have another look.  It has promise (I don't want to jinx the game by saying "it has potential", lol) but a proper game is some way off.
    badermal
  • MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    edited April 2020
    IS Last Oasis like Rust in that the world restarts in fixed timer? Or is this a MMO with fully progressive world?             
    how many people can you play with at once?      

looking at the reviews on Steam is very concerning. Seem very Rust like.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

IS Last Oasis like Rust in that the world restarts in fixed timer? Or is this a MMO with fully progressive world?             

I'm not quite clear on the context of "how many people".  The tiles, I gather, function somewhat like the map sectors in Atlas, so if you mean 'at the same time on the same big map' it's not really applicable.  If you mean group size there are big clans out there fighting other big clans so you'd be happy on that front.
  • MN0SHMN0SH Member CommonPosts: 1
    Tbh none. Last oasis begins to slide downwards.
    Kyleran
  • badermalbadermal Member UncommonPosts: 250
    @MN0SH why last oasis slide downwards?
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited April 2020

It is not an mmo with a fully progressive world, it is a survival game, there are no npc's, far less pve elements than atlas had on its launch. And I suppose the sun eventually burning up the atlas like sectors could be considered a reset timer. In the same way atlas was ruled by megaclans so is this game. Also there is no region lock so the chinese players are allowed to wreak havoc on na servers same way they did on atlas.
    Kyleran
    I can't credit that the devs ignored what happened in Ark and Atlas and still went with the "no brainer" concept of what they thought should be PvP.  Ark learnt the hard way but Atlas stubbornly thought they were right and thus have a game limping along on life support.  Last Oasis devs Implementing such a weakly thought out PvP system from the outset doesn't bode well for the survival of their game.  They have a very short window of opportunity to fix up their crap design.
  • IsilithTehrothIsilithTehroth Member RarePosts: 616
    Last Oasis LIF is pretty terrible; both the single player your own and the mmorpg.
    Dibdabs

MurderHerd

• cronius77cronius77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,652
    Last Oasis is just another survival game clone in a very long line of survival game clones offering nothing new to the table that every other survival game hasnt already done. It also released under steam's early access like every other survival game and all you have to do is go look at how many of them receive real updates years later still in EA. This game will end up milking its playerbase staying in EA just like the rest of them once it makes its money. Wait and see...
    Dibdabs