Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Torchlight III Highlights New Fort System In Video

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in Videos Discussion

imageTorchlight III Highlights New Fort System In Video

Torchlight III might be a continuation of the ARPG gameplay everyone has come to love in the franchise, but that doesn't seem to be stopping Runic Games from adding new systems to the mix. In a new video, the team highlights their Fort system, giving a glimpse into making the world around you a little bit more to your liking.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I'm kinda getting a Wildstar vibe from this video. Nothing wrong with Wildstar either :P
    Tokkenmadazz
  • irvenirven Member UncommonPosts: 27
    cool advertising, but the torchlight game itself only has the name ... horrible gameplay, strange classes / persons, NO novelties, different from TL1 and 2, this one is not going to be editable for fans to make mods, which gave a long life until today to the previous ones ...
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Like the housing in Path of Exile I enjoyed decorating that and it had all my benches.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    Underwhelming.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,865

irven said:

cool advertising, but the torchlight game itself only has the name ... horrible gameplay, strange classes / persons, NO novelties, different from TL1 and 2, this one is not going to be editable for fans to make mods, which gave a long life until today to the previous ones ...

Actually, with the transition to TL 3 it seems very likely mods will be a thing in this game.
  • st0rmM0nk3yst0rmM0nk3y Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I've played the alpha and the gameplay isn't too bad, maybe nice even. But the avatar models suck (to me) and the whole effort smells of the interference of SJW hacks messing with the world of Torchlight.

I probably won't be purchasing this one.
    Iselin[Deleted User]
  • lahnmirlahnmir Member LegendaryPosts: 5,041
    I've played the alpha and the gameplay isn't too bad, maybe nice even. But the avatar models suck (to me) and the whole effort smells of the interference of SJW hacks messing with the world of Torchlight.

I am very critical of TL3, I’ve played it fair bit in various stages. So amuse me, tell me about that SJW interference and where I can find/see that in the game. Because I smell rubbish.

/Cheers,
    Lahnmir
    kitaradIselin
    'the only way he could nail it any better is if he used a cross.'

Kyleran on yours sincerely 

'But there are many. You can play them entirely solo, and even offline. Also, you are wrong by default.'

Ikcin in response to yours sincerely debating whether or not single-player offline MMOs exist...

'This does not apply just to ED but SC or any other game. What they will get is Rebirth/X4, likely prettier but equally underwhelming and pointless. 

It is incredibly difficult to design some meaningfull leg content that would fit a space ship game - simply because it is not a leg game.

It is just huge resource waste....'

Gdemami absolutely not being an armchair developer

• TakodanTakodan Member UncommonPosts: 161
    Made me think of Orcs Must Die
  • SparkaSparka Member UncommonPosts: 52
    This is old. You can tell by the use of the word Frontiers. Plus all of the fort stuff they are showing existed over a year ago.

Its a bad game. They would be better off cancelling it. No trading, no meaningful endgame, boring characters and skills, boring combat. Meaningless.
    Nextrix
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'm kinda getting a Wildstar vibe from this video. Nothing wrong with Wildstar either :P
    That's because they're both about being zany and not taking the game very seriously.

Personally I find that a turn off. Games are serious business :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    This game is going to be a massive flop. They're doing nothing new or interesting within the ARPG genre and they have an incredibly shallow experience right now. At least before they had a novelty they were building around, now there's no reason to play this over any of the many other (and far superior) ARPGs. Been testing since the first alpha, the game has barely evolved at all in the last two years.
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    As you ccacn

Sparka said:

This is old. You can tell by the use of the word Frontiers. Plus all of the fort stuff they are showing existed over a year ago.

Its a bad game. They would be better off cancelling it. No trading, no meaningful endgame, boring characters and skills, boring combat. Meaningless.

The use of the word Frontiers does not mean the video was old. That makes no sense if you look at the way she used it. Are they supposed to rename that portion of the game?

Nothing has changed with the game at all. The only reason they decided to change the name was they were stopping their false advertising campaign. It was never to be an MMO and what will be released is the same as what would have been released under the original name.
  • NaitakalNaitakal Member UncommonPosts: 74
    I lost all interest in this when it turned into "just" TL3.
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

...the avatars are pretty much the same style and costume design as Torchlight 1 and 2.  But I guess everything new is infected by SJWs to you.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

...the avatars are pretty much the same style and costume design as Torchlight 1 and 2.  But I guess everything new is infected by SJWs to you.

It absolutely is to this guy I'm sure. Strikes me as the "Muh big titty goth waifu!" kinda loser.