Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout 76 Bug Sees NPCs Steal Player Loot

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageFallout 76 Bug Sees NPCs Steal Player Loot

A recent Fallout 76 bug in the recently release Wastelanders expansion sees NPCs looting gear off of dead players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    Cant be any worse than Bethesda stealing a players money :)
    dragonlee66xpsync[Deleted User]TacticalZombehdoomexBlaze_Rocker
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    That's some next gen NPC AI there lol.
    xpsyncjimmywolfbcbullyAsheramRemyVorenderKyleranNyghthowlerdoomexBlaze_Rockerpsiic
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if select few could take your main gun IF I could reclaim it back.
    [Deleted User]jimmywolfNyghthowlerTacticalZombehpsiic

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,823
    The biggest bugs in FO76 aren't the ones created by radiation.
    maskedweaselKyleranTacticalZombehdoomexBlaze_Rocker
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Hahahahahahahaha!

I was waiting to see just what kind of hilarious shenanigans would happen from this update, but I never saw this one coming. 
    [Deleted User]doomex
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    UO has had this as a game mechainic/feature for years , and its a great one All games should have this ..

Leave the bug alone
    ScotAeanderSovrathKalafax[Deleted User]jimmywolfStr8HellAsheram[Deleted User]TacticalZombeh
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Maybe the bugs are mutating due to all the radiation.
    [Deleted User]Kylerandoomex
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Is there something they have successfully done in this games development / release that hasn't resulted in some crazy bug or big problem?
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    I thought everyone here would be excited. There is so much talk about lack of death penalties in games.
    AeanderKalafaxKyleranBlaze_Rocker
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,885
    edited April 2020
    Emergent AI.
    Blaze_Rocker

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Scorchien said:
    UO has had this as a game mechainic/feature for years , and its a great one All games should have this ..

Leave the bug alone
    Absolutely. Don't know why this is a bug. Dark and Light had (has?) something like this. I was once killed by a goblin and he took my stuff.

I was completely amused.
    KalafaxKyleransschruppTacticalZombehScorchien
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    7/10
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,820
    Scorchien said:

Leave the bug alone
    Hahaha. No.

We stopped doing this for a reason, and it should only be done if the game's economy is explicitly designed for it.

Sovrath said:
    Scorchien said:

Leave the bug alone
    Absolutely. Don't know why this is a bug. Dark and Light had (has?) something like this. I was once killed by a goblin and he took my stuff.

I was completely amused.
    You know an idea is bad if Dark and Light is your go to justification.
    [Deleted User]Nyghthowler
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited April 2020
    Scot
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937
    Aeander said:
    Scorchien said:

Leave the bug alone
    Hahaha. No.

We stopped doing this for a reason, and it should only be done if the game's economy is explicitly designed for it.

Sovrath said:
    Scorchien said:

Leave the bug alone

I was completely amused.
    You know an idea is bad if Dark and Light is your go to justification.
    To me a good idea is a good idea. 

I'd like it if more pve encounters were more than just a "power-up" of xp.

Failing for me is ok because it makes actual success appreciated. 

I do realize that there are people who "play games to relax" and don't really want failure which is of course fine.
    Kyleran[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    F76 review: 7/10.

Never forget.
    doomex
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    This is what they want right?
    Kyleran
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I'm actually a bit amused at this report, people always say they want more challenge, intelligent AI or whatever but as I've always believed, they aren't willing to risk losing anything of value.

Now, it would be nice to know this in advance, until its fixed I'll be leaving most of my guns at home (I carry eight at any one time), and leave the two best ones out of these two fights for now.

Just like when I played EVE, never fly..err.. carry more than you are willing to lose.

Besides, you have to be some hella noob to die in these encounters, so really, how good could their guns really be?

Here's the scenario to trigger the issue btw.....

In order for it to trigger you need:
    1. The player must die during the event

2. The event must have NPC's in it

3. The player's equipment must be better than what the NPC is currently carrying

4. After 1-3 trigger, you still need the AI routine to actually kick in, which it probable doesn't always do depending on the exact details of what the NPC is doing at any particular time.

(1) and (3) are in direct opposition to one another: if the player has great gear, they probably aren't dying, and if they are dying it's probably because they don't have great gear.
    [Deleted User]xpsync

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• blix2006blix2006 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    this is the true meaning of surprise mechanics :D
    Kyleranxpsync
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Wasn't it a friendly npc though? Would be cool if it was an enemy npc where you could kill it and get your stuff back.
    Kyleranxpsync
  • blackthornnblackthornn Member UncommonPosts: 615
    I dont think itd have to do with quality of gear.  76 uses fallout 4 as its base engine...where your companions would jack their inventory scavenging guns from kills IF the gun had ammo (then they'd use it til it was dry and revert to their base weapon).   Someone forgot to flip that switch off in the code.

Rush job is rushed.
     Grouping in Old school mmo's: meeting someone at the bar and chatting, getting to know them before jumping into bed.  Current mmo's grouping: tinder.  swipe, hookup, hope you don't get herpes, never see them again.
  • wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    This bug should be a feature, makes you go looking for npc's to find your gear etc. Leave it as it is I say.
  • Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    Good.
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    So lemme get this straight people are complaining about a little realism in the game mechanics?