Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im betting all my money on this game.

2»

Comments

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Reminds me a lot of Dark & Light conceptually but actually playable.
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by Deitylight
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Wasn't the most recent gripe about this game that it WASN'T sandbox enough? Gameplay videos seem to suggest it's got the same mainstream quest mechanics as a typical themepark with open-pvp and owning castles being the sandbox element. Sounds more like an updated Lineage 2 than a sandbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following it that closely.

Let's not forget the terrible instances that most sandbox players hate.

There are at least three instances dungeons in Archeage at the moment.

Edit

Where the hell is my player made fraction that they mentioned ages ago?!

Players start off in one of two ready made factions. Eventually players can break off from their factions and join an Expeditionary Force made up of other players, or even become an outlaw and join a Pirate faction. The system wasn't fully implemented in CBT4 so we wait an see. Probably won't be playable in-game until open beta.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    it should be good . or else i will throw my computer out of the house
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Curt Schilling bet all his money on a video game...it didn't turn out well...
  • toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Deitylight
    Originally posted by gaeanprayer
    Wasn't the most recent gripe about this game that it WASN'T sandbox enough? Gameplay videos seem to suggest it's got the same mainstream quest mechanics as a typical themepark with open-pvp and owning castles being the sandbox element. Sounds more like an updated Lineage 2 than a sandbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following it that closely.

Let's not forget the terrible instances that most sandbox players hate.

There are at least three instances dungeons in Archeage at the moment.

Edit

Where the hell is my player made fraction that they mentioned ages ago?!

imageimage  image  image

Ok I guess I can live with some instances, as long as there are some non-instanced dungeons. I have always preached diversity, so as long as i get a diverse range of content i cant complain about a few instanced dungeons. Its just that so many devs have abused instances it makes me sick to my stomach.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• radagast777radagast777 Member Posts: 80
    lol at all the nerds saying, "oh i dont bet money"
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Rivalen

Don't bet money on MMOs my friend, people should know better by now.

Might not be so bad, if we could get some professional odds-makers in.

AA's been hanging out in vaporspace too long to do very well on the odds boards, probably.  The Duke Nukem of mmos?

OTOH, how long has Blizzard been dangling that Titan bait out there?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• ozmonoozmono Member UncommonPosts: 1,211

The game concept appeals to me but I still don't have much faith in it. Even in the event that they could instantly localize it for english markets I still wouldn't be betting money on it doing well. The trailers all look crap as does the website. Recent games like dark age, mo and xyson all demonstrated to me how shallow the gameplay is for such games and how bad the communities tend to be and none of them were a "success" story. Based on the games I mentioned I also think the perceived market for similar games is larger than the actual market. All and all if I could trust you I would take some of that action.

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by ArcheAgeFan

Im betting all my money on this sandbox game, i strongly believe this is the second coming of the christ for sandbox games.

No im not just spouting nonsense, im dead serious serious serious. Cant wait for it to come to USA.

k, i am rising all your money by a cent - and i wanna see!

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Im betting all my money on this sandbox game, i strongly believe this is the second coming of the christ for sandbox games.

No im not just spouting nonsense, im dead serious serious serious. Cant wait for it to come to USA.

I'm right with you!I too am willing to bet all your money on this game and all your possessions too!

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    OP sopunds like the countless proclaimations of how SWTOR would be the second coming of Christ and we all know how that story ended.  Beleive it when I see it.
  • CyclopsSlayerCyclopsSlayer Member UncommonPosts: 532
    Originally posted by Ambros123
    OP sopunds like the countless proclaimations of how SWTOR would be the second coming of Christ and we all know how that story ended.  Beleive it when I see it.

While I am a huge fan of AA, I am also a guarded one. Until I get my hands on and see what happens to the final version I make no proclamations of the 'second coming', much as I may want to thaere are just too many ways to screw the pooch.

A month after Korean/Chinese release will we get to see the finished product. The opinions will start to matter then. As well, depends on which Production Company they sign with in the west whether we see a 'second coming' or a 'second fall'. :)

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841

I'm with the others, While I certainly hope this game really delivers, I am very, very, very skeptical of both sanxbox games, korean games, and any hype about any mmo these days.  I'll belive it when I see it I guess, talk comes cheap in regards to mmos these days.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

ill bet money on a game that is not even out... with the sole belief that it is the greatest game ever...

when those games can beat this one's origanality..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDrRnJOCKZc

• spacebotspacebot Member UncommonPosts: 148

I'm waiting for my middle ages disco parties. Let's disco like it's 1350 A.D.!

• WillibossWilliboss Newbie CommonPosts: 5
    edited April 2020
     Dude, be careful with betting, sometimes you have to control yourself. Sometimes greediness makes people lose at such times when they could win. So if you won enough money just stop on time and if there is enough good profit, stop on time not to lose the money you won already. I bet very often to win money and I use promo codes and bonuses https://bet-country.com/dk/bonus/leovegas  which increases my win very significantly.

Post edited by Williboss on
  • tremmortremmor Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Williboss said:
    Dude, be careful with betting, sometimes you have to control yourself.
    Great necro
  • Exile679Exile679 Newbie CommonPosts: 4
    edited June 2020
    Rivalen said:

All of your 5 dollars?

Madness.

Don't bet money on MMOs my friend, people should know better by now.

You think? ArcheAge Unchained is way better, and people still tend to sell and buy archeage accounts. Regardless, of what the devs think about it. Some gamers have just way too much money, so they can spend it reasonably. Devs might not be perfect, in fact, they sure aren't, but the playersbase, I mean, the players should know better than to just throw their money away... But after all, that's not mine money, neither are yours Rivalen, so who are we to care? Guess there's no medicine to stupidity, am I right? 
    Post edited by Exile679 on
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    tremmor said:
    Williboss said:
    Dude, be careful with betting, sometimes you have to control yourself.
    Great necro
    Best ever!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil