Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Roadmap Roundup Outlines Several Changes

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen Roadmap Roundup Outlines Several Changes

The latest roadmap for Star Citizen points to several changes to the schedule.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• WedlenWedlen Member UncommonPosts: 146
    I'm so glad i didnt buy into this. they are concentrating on such small things like "Shops"
    and "elevator panels" and "t shirts" underneath armor etc. I had hope for this game about 4 years ago. I have ZERO hope this game will ever finish. ITs just crowd funded project that people are the programmers are being paid to participate in.
    BabuinixKyleranAgent_Joseph
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    So has the single player game released yet?
    Kyleran
  • CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257
    Another roadmap for this?

Who believes these lies?
    KyleranAgent_Joseph
  • Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298
    edited April 2020
    Star Citizen actual roadmap is nothing more than

- Feature Creep to explain why product is nevere reaching "production" level.
    - More ridiculous ships for people to buy with real money to fund the devs lifestyle.
    - Stay in alpha/beta so they can continue to suck money out of the stupids without having to actually stand behind a products quality.

Its pretty interesting how "kickstarter game developer" is now not only a lifestyle choice but also a very profitable career path.....
    KyleranAgent_JosephWalkinGlenn
  • Xee2018Xee2018 Member UncommonPosts: 168

Wedlen said:

I'm so glad i didnt buy into this. they are concentrating on such small things like "Shops"

and "elevator panels" and "t shirts" underneath armor etc. I had hope for this game about 4 years ago. I have ZERO hope this game will ever finish. ITs just crowd funded project that people are the programmers are being paid to participate in.

lol, you do know that the have a massive team. only a few of them are tasked with those fixes.
    as to the game itself pretty sure when it does come out eve will be a thing of the past ;)
    ErillionAsheramKyleranTacticalZombehSandmanjwAgent_JosephKalafaxCaffynated
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Wedlen said:

so all youtube videos with 10's guy flying/fighting, station, microtech are vaporware because they decided to prioritize network improvement versus few new weapons skins and more death animation (to be delivered next quarters not never)?

Don't worry in the meantime, Crysis remaster is going to be delivered by publishers.. at least something new Lol
    mmolouErillion

Cygi said:

Who believes these lies?

Those joining after testing one of the multiple free week per year... something no others publishers do? hard to lie when you can download the all game without any restriction...
    mmolouErillionKalafaxWalkinGlenn

- More ridiculous ships for people to buy with real money to fund the devs lifestyle.

- Stay in alpha/beta so they can continue to suck money out of the stupids without having to actually stand behind a products quality.

Its pretty interesting how "kickstarter game developer" is now not only a lifestyle choice but also a very profitable career path.....

in 2015 the game was collapsing 90 days top... In 2020 +75% of initial strecth goals have been released, more than 80 ships/vehicules are flyable and SQ42 beta is planned in few quarters.

Naysayers have always been wrong, consistently, that the lesson of this project :)
    mmolouErillionVoidfarerAgent_JosephKalafaxCaffynated
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Stoked for network improvements. I feel like there is more than enough content to make me happy atm. All I really want is better synchronization, optimization, and More players per server. Glad they are prioritizing the things that matter instead of new ships, guns, and bs there is already enough of.
    JoeBloberErillion
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Xee2018 said:

Wedlen said:

lol, you do know that the have a massive team. only a few of them are tasked with those fixes.
    as to the game itself pretty sure when it does come out eve will be a thing of the past ;)
    I'm pretty sure when this comes out Eve wont being going anywhere.
    SandmanjwErillion
  • Jaguaratron1Jaguaratron1 Member UncommonPosts: 298

JoeBlober said:

in 2015 the game was collapsing 90 days top... In 2020 +75% of initial strecth goals have been released, more than 80 ships/vehicules are flyable and SQ42 beta is planned in few quarters.

Naysayers have always been wrong, consistently, that the lesson of this project :)

riiiight.....

How did the refund if not released within 18 months work out for people? Oh thats right, they surreptitiously changed the TOS to prevent people from getting refunds.

9 year development cycle, nothing but a paid alpha, "stretch goals" are nothing but feature creep stringing along people all the while delivering nothing close to a commercial release because once commecially released theres a whole new set of legalities they have to adhere to.

9 year development paid alpha cycle is comedy gold.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265

JoeBlober said:

riiiight.....

How did the refund if not released within 18 months work out for people? Oh thats right, they surreptitiously changed the TOS to prevent people from getting refunds.

9 year development cycle, nothing but a paid alpha, "stretch goals" are nothing but feature creep stringing along people all the while delivering nothing close to a commercial release because once commecially released theres a whole new set of legalities they have to adhere to.

Curious potential New Player? Know nothing about the Project? Fear not:

JoeBlober
  • GrindcoreTHRALLGrindcoreTHRALL Member UncommonPosts: 303

JoeBlober said:

riiiight.....

They have actually only worked with a high staff count for like 4 or 5 years if I remember correct. They hired a shit ton of people in the first few years of development. Counting 9 years of development time isn't really fair and it just shows your bias.
    JoeBloberetlar
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

JoeBlober said:

riiiight.....

They have actually only worked with a high staff count for like 4 or 5 years if I remember correct. They hired a shit ton of people in the first few years of development. Counting 9 years of development time isn't really fair and it just shows your bias.
    Ah, I rather think this shows your bias.   Shouldn't the big dog developers have factored this in?  Supposedly so brilliant.  I recall they had trouble finding developers with Crytek experience early, until Crytek itself conveniently imploded.  The whole focus on online gaming was feature creep deluxe.  Poorly planned for, and coming on the heels of them spinning their wheels for most of two years.   

But hey, the marketing department has sure earned it's money.  If the actual development was even half as good....

I also recall the last Roberts game company spinning its wheels until it ran out of money, with not a single  in-house game released. 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2020
    Xee2018 said:

Wedlen said:

Well sure,  not reasonable to expect EVE to remain viable in 2030 when SC finally launches. :D

With any luck it will release with a neural link, as by then I'll be old enough to really need one.

:# 
    SandmanjwMcSleazAsheram

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

JoeBlober said:

Wedlen said:

so all youtube videos with 10's guy flying/fighting, station, microtech are vaporware because they decided to prioritize network improvement versus few new weapons skins and more death animation (to be delivered next quarters not never)?

Don't worry in the meantime, Crysis remaster is going to be delivered by publishers.. at least something new Lol
    10's as in tens of....

Whoo hoo!

Bleh....

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

Who believes these lies?

Those joining after testing one of the multiple free week per year... something no others publishers do? hard to lie when you can download the all game without any restriction...
    Sure, for those interested in testing, but seeing that's part of my day job no thanx.

Ah, I rather think this shows your bias.   Shouldn't the big dog developers have factored this in?  Supposedly so brilliant.  I recall they had trouble finding developers with Crytek experience early, until Crytek itself conveniently imploded.  The whole focus on online gaming was feature creep deluxe.  Poorly planned for, and coming on the heels of them spinning their wheels for most of two years.   

But hey, the marketing department has sure earned it's money.  If the actual development was even half as good....

I also recall the last Roberts game company spinning its wheels until it ran out of money, with not a single  in-house game released. 

Not in house... but released and enjoyed by the same people who did enjoyed previous CR's games :)

• CygiCygi Member RarePosts: 257

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

Who believes these lies?

All I hear from you is a noise from a PR bullshit.
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 416
    I agree that when they are putting tiny things as elevator panels on a roadmap, it’s moving along too slowly.
    This game was supposed to show the world that it’s possible to make an AAA game without a publisher - to me, even if it’s released at one point, it’s proven that game companies still needs a publisher to push the envelope when the game creator veers off path.
    People claiming that it’s reached 75% of it’s original Kickstarter goals may be correct, but the fact that we are 98 solar systems from 100 - means that it’s highely unlikely we’ll see more than 2 before release
    Caffynated

Cygi said:

JoeBlober said:

Cygi said:

Who believes these lies?

All I hear from you is a noise from a PR bullshit.

fine. So the free weeks per year to everyone does not exist nor the raising count of new backers and pledges... keep believing naysayers mantra at your leisure, that won't change reality :)
    Erillion

Eldrach said:

I agree that when they are putting tiny things as elevator panels on a roadmap, it’s moving along too slowly.

This game was supposed to show the world that it’s possible to make an AAA game without a publisher - to me, even if it’s released at one point, it’s proven that game companies still needs a publisher to push the envelope when the game creator veers off path.

People claiming that it’s reached 75% of it’s original Kickstarter goals may be correct, but the fact that we are 98 solar systems from 100 - means that it’s highely unlikely we’ll see more than 2 before release

There are now able to make three months in a matter of month. Do we will get 100 systems jsut after SQ42 release? no as quality matter. IT is expected by CIG to get around 10/15... Knowing one single system allow to have all backers to claim hundreds km of land, not cosunting asteroids ring and planet/moon 1/6th of real size one... quantity of systems is not important. What is important is gameplay. As soon repair and salvage are added like they did for mining, nobody will care about 100 systems :)
    etlar
  • Pingu2012Pingu2012 Member UncommonPosts: 35

JoeBlober said:

"...SQ42 beta is planned in few quarters."

I believe SQ42 will come out when the main game does.

They use the same engine. So if body dragging, or elevator panels or whatever detail doesn't meet Chris Roberts' standards, it doesn't meet his standards in BOTH games.

Whether you agree or disagree with that approach, Chris Roberts has shown that detail and quality are things he will not compromise to get a faster release.

JoeBlober
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

JoeBlober said:

riiiight.....

If you would know what you are talking about, you would know that for 3 years they had a full refund policy. THEN they changed the TOS (Terms of Service). To what is legally required. So for years they had a much better offer ... and then changed it to the normal, legally required one.

What you call feature creep is in most cases CIG working on an already existing stretch goal. But as the naysayers are usually too lazy to check out the list of stretch goals, they are usually "crying foul" whenever they see something that their mostly limited knowledge of Star Citizen is not immediately familiar with.

With respect to the development cycle ... "its ready when its ready" ... has been for a long time the motto of game developers that produced milestones in gaming history. Feel free to play your "Assassins Greed of Battlefield Heroes" 24. I rather put my money in a crowdfunding project like Star Citizen. And wait until its finished, playing and testing the Alpha in the meantime ... while playing a ton of other games too.

Have fun

JoeBlober
  • BlippedyblopBlippedyblop Member UncommonPosts: 18
    JoeBlober, honest question:
    Do you get paid to do this?
    McSleazCaffynated