Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kickstarter update, development hasn't ended

AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
edited April 2020 in Chronicles of Elyria
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/soulboundstudios/chronicles-of-elyria-epic-story-mmorpg-with-aging/posts/2807621

If you don't laugh at this attempt to cover his own arse your obviously a backer that is still in disbelief.

The comments are brilliant, people are abusing him left, right and centre
GdemamiYashaX

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    IMHO he deserves every bit of the responses he is getting.  He still thinks he is on some kind of hero's journey instead of admitting he has always been the villain in this story.

GdemamiYashaXAnOldFart

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    What bothers me is the obvious.

Did he not THINK about a time where just maybe funds don't keep rolling in?I am quite certain he figured that could easily happen,so then what?So he told himself,well if it happens too bad,screw the backers ,cya later,thanks for the money while it lasted.

it just reaffirms why a KS'r,CF idea is such a terrible idea,there is no certainty,there is actually more a chance it fails or badly under performs and for certain the end result will be sub par.

AnOldFart

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Come on guys, give him a break! This was mainly due to COVID-19, things will get back on track when the crisis passes and he is gonna secure more funding to keep things rolling in the interim. Have a little faith!

AnOldFart
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    I agree with what others said on reddit. This was written by a lawyer. Either from that lawsuit that's making rounds or people getting charge backs via xsolla/paypal. Caspian is simply wanting to come across like "Don't worry guys, the game is still getting made". Trying to basically loophole his way out of it.

I did really enjoy this part: The March 24th statement was ultimately born out of a concern for the development team and their opportunity to secure alternative paying work as quickly as possible, as well as an awareness of our community’s need to prioritize secure food and shelter 

Lucky he did cut it off, because I was about to be homeless and starving to death. He really is an hero to the people. We should all be so happy, with how open and honest he really is!
    GdemamiAnOldFart
  • StaalBurgherStaalBurgher Member UncommonPosts: 265
    How much longer must I wait for a permadeath medieval MMO? Damn it.
    KyleranAnOldFart
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    "In retrospect, I understand that the message might have been interpreted in many ways."

No. Just one way. The obvious way.

I really dislike this guy. 

Slapshot1188KyleranAnOldFart

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited April 2020
    How much longer must I wait for a permadeath medieval MMO? Damn it.
    Play Life is Feudal, just feel free to delete your character after every death,  problem solved, yes?

C'mon,  don't be a sissy, man up boyo.

;) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon