Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So what I've seen 2020

xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,565
Really nice clean and hi res texturing. Doing this really makes the game a lot more enjoyable. Game runs really well too. 

For 2020 I'm creating my own class so rerolling for a while might be inb the works.
Never took the time to try and build my own character sheet, going with the dual weilding wizard. 
Tried a few difference specs but I was trying to be mid of the road so I went with a solid build path.

Population seems decent, new player zone has people running and jumping about :) 

There is a multiverse inside our minds which millions live.
Twitter : @xD_Gaming_Merch
xD Merch : https://bit.ly/2v13MT8
"Dragons are tilly folly !"

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member EpicPosts: 4,114
    xD_Gaming said:
    Really nice clean and hi res texturing. Doing this really makes the game a lot more enjoyable. Game runs really well too. 

For 2020 I'm creating my own class so rerolling for a while might be inb the works.
    Never took the time to try and build my own character sheet, going with the dual weilding wizard. 
    Tried a few difference specs but I was trying to be mid of the road so I went with a solid build path.

Population seems decent, new player zone has people running and jumping about :) 

I have built a few combat wizards, they are tons of fun.

If you plan to roll a Dual Wield Wizard, keep in mind that Masters Touch is a once per day spell, so you can cast it and then slot a new spells, and it gives you martial weapon proficiency, this might help at the early levels to run with a Great Axe, until you can get the feats to 2WF effectively.

Of course that really depends on what your play style will be, as they have added Orbs for Wizards, which, unlike in the past, where 2 weapons were common for the stats more than the stabby part, now with Orbs, the off hand stats are pretty good.

Might want to tell me more about your build plan and perhaps I could help you out a bit.. maybe not.. been a while for me.
    xD_Gaming
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
  • xD_GamingxD_Gaming Member EpicPosts: 2,565
    More focus on a single DD spell and the rest on shielding. It worked so far. Using long swords with effects on them.  The buffs I get from proc pretty much are nuking in one shot. Granted it is ealy in the game.
  • kitaradkitarad Member EpicPosts: 5,834
    xD_Gaming said:

They improved the textures hmm have to go check t out. I do love this game well actually I love planning my builds.

• Viper482Viper482 Member EpicPosts: 3,094
    So is this viable build whatever you want? Or be gimped if not following a meta?
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Viper482 said:
    So is this viable build whatever you want? Or be gimped if not following a meta?
    Oh no in this game every point has to be carefully invested or else you're pretty much screwed. It is not easy to make builds and I would hesitate to advice anyone not well versed in the game and the mechanics to try. Personally I just check sites and read up why and how people make their builds and what those builds can do before I sink any time into playing a build. However I am not an adventurous person.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 7,336
    Biggest problem for me with D&D online ( and ill add for the most part its a solid MMO)

The Melee combat has a shit feel .. Feels like just swinging at the air .. 0 impact ..
    xD_Gamingstrawhat0981
    Viper482 said:
    Ok, I will say, It's been a while since last a played, about a year, and GW2 did take a huge chunk of my interest in this game away, that said, I was a very aggressive TR and Raider in this game for many years.

I am just putting that out so you know where I am coming from, when I say what I am about to say.

DDO is built pretty close to the 3.5 AD&D ruleset, same basic stats, racial boons, classes, spells, the core things like that are all 3.5. 

If you ever played 3.5, you know that Build Diversity is all over the place with a near endlessly combination of viable and even amazing builds that are not considered "Norm" or "Meta",  With that said, sunce up to 3 different classes can be combined, Planning ahead can be VERY important, it can also be meaningless, because if once you make it to cap you realize your build sucks, you can opt to Reincarnate the character, and try again, now with more build points and some extra boons.

However, a lot of what makes a build work or fail is not the blanket numbers but how well the players playstyle synergies with the build they are trying to make.

With that said, there is very little in the way of META that will be useful to you as a starting player, because DDO is a VERY gear dependent game, and when it comes to some meta's, their gear makes or breaks them more than anything else.

This is why there is a HUGE aspect of open discussion build design, it works off what you have, what you can get, and how you plan to play. The Best Archer build is not going to help you if you want to blow shit up with spells, the best Caster Builds are not going to help you if you want to Melee, just like builds to level with and builds to raid with, are not always the same.

So, if you opt to go into this game, come here, and we can talk about your build, plan some things out, and see what might work for your playstyle, to make the game the most fun for you.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.
    edited April 14
    xD_Gaming said:
    More focus on a single DD spell and the rest on shielding. It worked so far. Using long swords with effects on them.  The buffs I get from proc pretty much are nuking in one shot. Granted it is ealy in the game.
    Ok, so, since Warlock is the current mian combat style Caster, are you running that, single class? or doing a Wizard or Sorc build?

Do you have a class split invested?

Race?

What level are you now?
    Viper482 said:
    I feel gimped when swarmed, im going to be redoing it lol.
    Ungood said:
    xD_Gaming said:
    Ok, so, since Warlock is the current mian combat style Caster, are you running that, single class? or doing a Wizard or Sorc build?

Race?

What level are you now?
    I'm a Froob, no unlocks sadly. not in the finances atm for gaming harddcore.
    edited April 14
    Scorchien said:
    Biggest problem for me with D&D online ( and ill add for the most part its a solid MMO)

The Melee combat has a shit feel .. Feels like just swinging at the air .. 0 impact ..
    I agree , i'm not sure why though because is theory wasd is what we all use, but the the left mouse click just doesn't feel right for someone reason/ 

I will say there implentation of dx11 in game this old was well done. Not many game engines can just say "dx11" we can do that with old code, but it works in DDO, they even have it feels like some tessellation going as well in road and wall textures. 

From the last time I tried DDO to now, it is almost like a new game. They could build an Call to Asheron with ddo engine as is and I feel people  would play it. 

Everquest was built completely backward to technology and they could never do this level of alteration to the texturing or even dx anything support without rewriting the entire game code imo. SOE knew the descrete gpu's were available but decided to wrote the bulk of the code onto the cpu. 

Standing Stones got it write from the day they began crafting The turbine Engine. The old core of Turbine development imho deserves some recognition. 
    Gdemami
    feel this overwhelming pressure to build a great character #xD 
    Ungood
    xD_Gaming said:
    Ungood said:
    xD_Gaming said:

Race?

What level are you now?
    I'm a Froob, no unlocks sadly. not in the finances atm for gaming harddcore.
    Well you can still run Wizard or Sorc, I would suggest, for the melee combat you are looking for, where you plan to do DD and Support, with no CC, Run a Wizard and put your points into both Eldritch Knight and Pale Master, as PM can give you some self healing and much needed fortification at the early levels, but the Zombi form is like watching your character try to hold in a shit while fighting.. so.. gonna have to be a personal call on that. Vampire form is much better, till you face divine casters, then those light spells hurt. however, wrathe and lich form are the shizzle shits.
    xD_Gaming
    Also consider at the very least, unlocking Drow, as that gives you same points as a 30 point build after all their racial boons, as opposed to the 28 you start with.

Going to suggest however, for the first 4ish levels, just take the Amber Greataxe, and used that, as the negatives you take to-hit from 2WF will give you a lot of misses at the start and that will cut down on your ability to kill mobs in melee.

Also, watch your armor, if you can get something like invulnerable which gives you a DR 5/- that is epic for a starting character, it really allows you to handle larger groups of mobs very easy.

Later Edrich Knight can give you Medium Armor, so that is also something to consider.

all of this is available to the free players.
    xD_Gaming
    xD_Gaming said:
    feel this overwhelming pressure to build a great character #xD 
    Take that pressure out back and beat it to death.

There is very little in the way of 'Great' builds in DDO, most at best are situationally great, and overall mediocre to decent.

So your focus should be on making a character that works with how you want to play.

That is really where you want to be, take your playstyle, and work a build into it, because, since you are a free player, while you have difficulty tiers and you are going to be stuck doing all your quests on normal, unless you can get someone else to open them for you.

Also, As a Free Player, you will have access to like 1 raid, and it's 10th level. So there is no need to be "Great" till you either farm up the points or plunk down the money to buy content with a somewhat challenging raid, not that Tempest Spine at level is not a challenge.. but it is still only 10th level.

xD_Gaming
    So I am a long sword wielding orb carrying righteous dog owning wizard xD 
    Running it through noob island elite dungeons for a warm up. 

Character is strength based focusing on the wizard shielding. As far as i can tell or know shielding is not scaled to intellegence so it should be flat rates as I continue up the ability ladder 

After playing for a few days now, it is the better of the D&D games. feel's bit more authentic in character creation and character building which is the core of what D&D is.  
    Ungoodbcbullystrawhat0981
    You have had me now digging about in my store room for the builds I made for DDO.
    xD_Gaming

xD_Gaming said:
    So I am a long sword wielding orb carrying righteous dog owning wizard xD 
    Running it through noob island elite dungeons for a warm up. 

Character is strength based focusing on the wizard shielding. As far as i can tell or know shielding is not scaled to intellegence so it should be flat rates as I continue up the ability ladder 

After playing for a few days now, it is the better of the D&D games. feel's bit more authentic in character creation and character building which is the core of what D&D is.  
    Shield spells do not Scale with Int, neither do Direct Damage spells, they scale with Spell Power and Level. Int is mainly for spell points, and DC of your spells. But keep in mind, if you have a low Int, that means mobs will make their saves against your DD spells, and thus take less damage.

You will want to make sure you have Haste and Rage slotted as spells as well, keep in mind Haste is an AoE spell, so if you take extend spell, it is worth it to use in groups.

I am going to suggest again looking into the Eldritch Knight Enhancement line.  As that is a whole series of abilities and boons that are right in line with what you say you want to do. Also look into Pale Master. Since you can put points into whatever you want.

I will say for your Bonus Feats, look into Extend (for Buffs) and/or Maximize (for DD) Spell. 

And yah.. DDO really was one of the best D&D games I have played, right down to the badly narrated dungeons.. LOL.

xD_Gaming
    Also.. go to the spell vendors and buy all the spells you can just purchase from them, then scribe them in, that way when you get to pick your spells for the level you just have a choice of the dropped spells.
    xD_Gaming
    Think this will be my game for this summer. :) 
    Ungood
    xD_Gaming said:
    Think this will be my game for this summer. :) 
    Hope you have fun with it, feel free to ask questions, maybe I can even answer a few.
    bcbullyxD_Gaming
    rerolled, using pets became a crutch I dont want in later game play. 
    xD_Gaming said:
    rerolled, using pets became a crutch I dont want in later game play. 
    They also play a mess with Agro control, but, I have had some people really wreck stuff with their summons.

If you tell me what you are trying for, maybe I can give you some design advice. Like if you are just looking for a fun hack-n-slash caster hybrid, you can roll a 6/14 Ranger/Wizard can be a sweet build.

This gives you all the dual wield feats for the twin longswords, so you can run around and hack stuff up for fun, and you don't need to meet the Dex requirements as they are class granted feats, that allows you to put more points into int for the Wizard levels, and gives you an easy melee carry at the starting levels. Then when you make 6th, you to roll some Wizard for Buffs and Blasting, running mixed Tempest/Eldritch Knight. 

I have rolled a build like that myself.. but I was backed up with a bank full of Raid gear.. so.. I have no idea how much that would suck for a starting player.
    xD_Gaming
    I'm going wiz / assassin kind of build. What did wrong prior is thinking I need to add longsword at the initial roll, but instead I took the single weapon fighting and now using either dagger or septer with an irb, which allowed me to slot mind power in the extra human slot and then necro + on the yellow slot.

then on level , I added +health
    Ungood
    xD_Gaming said:
    I'm going wiz / assassin kind of build. What did wrong prior is thinking I need to add longsword at the initial roll, but instead I took the single weapon fighting and now using either dagger or septer with an irb, which allowed me to slot mind power in the extra human slot and then necro + on the yellow slot.

then on level , I added +health
    By Extra Human slot you mean "Bonus Human Feat" ?

Are you running Rogue Levels? or going pure Wizard?

If plan to run pure Wizard (Which might be a good idea, just get a robe of Invulnerability at the start as that D4 HP makes you glassy AF starting out.

If you are trying for a High Melee DPS, fast attack build, I would say play a high dex build, take: 2WF Feat, and Improved 2WF feat, as well as Weapon Finesse (Which allows you to use your Dex to hit), this allows you to dump STR to 10, and just focus on Dex and Int for stats as well as Con.

With 28 Points, you will need to dump a lot of stats, Cha, Str, and Wisdom are all very safe stats to dump as a Wizard, as they don't really offer you much in the way of boons to your core class abilities, but you don't want to go below 10.. trust me on that one.

Start with a 15 Dex (for 2WF feats), at least a 14 Con, and whatever you have left into Int.

I would suggest going dual daggers, because they are some really good ones for casters, like Green Blade for example (use Masters Touch/EK trait line to get proficiency)

Then roll EK and PM, using Haste and Rage to augment weapon damage output. Meta-magic feats can be Extend and Maximize, Spell focus Evocation, which gives you near endless magic missles.

Keep in mind Minor Death Aura and Death Aura are going to be your main forms of healing as a PM. But this spell also heals all undead, so, you might not want to use it while fighting Undead. 

Now, the main reason why you want a higher Int, is not just because of spell points, which is really handy, but also because you can only learn spell tiers up to your Base Int - 10. What that means, is, if you have a 16 Int, you can only learn up to Tier 6 spells, if you have a 18 Int, you can learn up to 8th Tier spells, and this is your Base Int, not what you have after gear, buffs and other boons. Just your base Score. Wizards get 9 Tiers of spells open to them, and it's a good idea to have access to all of them if you can.
    xD_Gaming