Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Factions: Online - Faction based PvPvE MMORPG with Territory control

JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595

INTRO

You wake up along a strange beach greeted by the beauty and danger of the unknown world that sprawls out in front of you. A settlement is seen off in the distance surrounded by a forest of tall trees. You stagger, still dazed from your misfortune, toward the settlement where you meet a kind shop keeper. You hear a tale of danger and war which intrigues you.

It seems the land is controlled by 3 factions which have been in a constant state of war for centuries. You decide to learn more about these warring factions and set off on your quest.

FEATURES

• Fight along side 1 of 3 factions
  • Fight over territory and resources
  • Construct your own kingdom
  • Dynamic World PvE events which requires the entire faction to come together and defend the realm
  • Battle over multiple continents, Islands, and Oceans
  • New Islands are constantly surfacing full of wonder, wealth, and dangers
  • Trade between settlements and protect caravans
  • Contract system
  • Auction House
  • Dynamic Questing and Exploration system

Factions: Online is now out in extremely early access

Download: https://mmointeractive.itch.io/factions-online

A soft launch of Early Access was done this evening. Servers will be online 24/7 from here on out with Fridays being the day I take them offline to upgrade the server software and whatever else needs to be done.

Company Owner
MMO Interactive

UngoodViper482

Comments

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Ungood

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    What could possibly go wrong?
    Viper482Slapshot1188Sovrath
    Well a ton could go wrong... I may never finish it, I may give up, life may get in the way, who knows most anything could potentially go wrong. However since I am not asking for any money toward it no one has anything to lose by just trying it out and seeing where may lead. 
    UngoodViper482mgilbrtsn

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    JamesP said:
    Well a ton could go wrong... I may never finish it, I may give up, life may get in the way, who knows most anything could potentially go wrong. However since I am not asking for any money toward it no one has anything to lose by just trying it out and seeing where may lead. 
    You do raise a fair point.  At what point do you plan to ask for backer funding?
    bcbully
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    You started a new thread! I'll say it again. Hoo boy, this thread is about to get spicy!
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2020
    Shadys back, tell a friend!  

@Slapshot1188 guess who's back?

Still, this game is showing more playable content than COE ever did, and the price is right. Good luck to you James.

:D 
    GdemamibcbullyPalebane

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     lol wtf , do we have any dumbasses left here that would support this clown ..

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited April 2020
    Scorchien said:
     lol wtf , do we have any dumbasses left here that would support this clown ..

Well, since it appears the price point is zero, he might get a few curious takers....

Not me, I only play games I pay for, and never in early access, at least not until after the final wipe.

It's a boomer thing.
    GdemamiPalebanepsychosiz1

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    I guess the pit is bottomless.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Dude isn't asking for money, why all the salt?
    bcbullySovrathSensai
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Well let me help ..

Support does not always involve money .. now does it

This guy is not worthy of anyones energy or attention .. Like ive said before ..

Nothing to see here but BS
    Gdemami
    JamesP said:
    You do raise a fair point.  At what point do you plan to ask for backer funding?
    Honestly I have no idea. When the game grows to a point that the servers are costing a fair amount to operate I'll turn on optional Donations for those who wish to help keep the servers running. Then once the game is ready for a 1.0 launch and I just need the final assets and infrastructure to take it to the next level then I'll consider my financing options and let the community decide the way forward. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

Preview of Friday's Update:

- Redesigned World
    - Better Account Handling
    - Synced Day/Night and Weather
    - Updated Crafting and Resource Gathering

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

edited April 2020
    The "Impact Zone" is the location where a meteor impacted the continent. The force of the impact created a massive earthquake which divided the continent into 4 masses, turning the water radioactive, and cutting off the inhabitants from each other. Cut off from each other each group were free to evolve into their own unique civilization.  Centuries after the impact the "Impact Zone" had cooled enough for expeditions to begin. Explorers returned with tails of Danger but also of news of Great wealth for those brave enough to adventure into the zone. With needed resources running low it was time for the 4 great civilizations to meet each other face to face on the battle field.  

The view looking toward the south west from the "Impact Zone"

"Impact Zone" from the ground

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

Didn't have much time today to work on Friday's Update. However I did purchase around 7000 Icons. Also last night I started laying the ground work for Player Created Housing and cities.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    JamesP said:

bcbully
    Servers will be shutting down at 12am EST and will be down for 4 or 5 hours. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

Spending the day today working on a little Graphical update (My PC sucks and doesn't really support it but for those with better PCs it should look and run pretty nicely). 

Also worked on writing a Server side Environment Manager which handles the Day/Night Cycle, Generating Weather, and other things.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Let me know when the livestream with Mr. Lumpyman is planned.  I'll pop in.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Well considering Joel and I haven't spoken in several years he won't be a part of this project. But I'll be sure to post here when I plan to do a Live Stream.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    edited April 2020
    Factions that matter is one of the bedrocks of a true mmorpg.  EQ & EQ2 had some good ideas, but unfortunately the Developers of those games decided to become more like WoW.  They should have focused on becoming more realistic and more like actual rpgs instead.  Sandbox = Good, Skinner Box = Bad.
    Gdemami
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

Factions that matter is one of the bedrocks of a true mmorpg.  EQ & EQ2 had some good ideas, but unfortunately the Developers of those games decided to become more like WoW.  They should have focused on becoming more realistic and more like actual rpgs instead.  Sandbox = Good, Skinner Box = Bad.
    I've been thinking about the factions. There will be 3 Playable factions and the 4th faction will be an AI controlled faction. Each playable faction will have it's own style of game play. One faction will be your classic Magic Casters, One will be more of an advanced Steampunk type faction, and the 3rd will be warriors using a little magic here and there and some minor technical skills. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

JamesP said:
    I've been thinking about the factions. There will be 3 Playable factions and the 4th faction will be an AI controlled faction. Each playable faction will have it's own style of game play. One faction will be your classic Magic Casters, One will be more of an advanced Steampunk type faction, and the 3rd will be warriors using a little magic here and there and some minor technical skills. 

So do you just choose to join one of the factions or do you have to gain favor with the faction first?  And do you have to make decisions/perform actions that keep you in good standing with the faction?

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

As of right now Every player starts out in the same faction (This is just for testing) there are AI controlled factions in game right now that depending on what you do your standing with them can increase or decrease. Kill them your standing goes down, do tasks for them your standing increase. Your faction standing with AI factions will determine what quests you have available to you, what items you can purchase from them, and if you are even allowed inside towns, able to use warp gates, ect.

Using the system I have in place Mobs/NPCs will attack enemy factions (including enemy AI controlled factions) so it's likely you will come across battles taking place between AI controlled mobs/npcs that were dynamically generated (they just happened to wander into each other's aggro range) and you will be able to decide which side you want to help out which will effect your standings with the different factions. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

JamesP said:
    As of right now Every player starts out in the same faction (This is just for testing) there are AI controlled factions in game right now that depending on what you do your standing with them can increase or decrease. Kill them your standing goes down, do tasks for them your standing increase. Your faction standing with AI factions will determine what quests you have available to you, what items you can purchase from them, and if you are even allowed inside towns, able to use warp gates, ect.

Using the system I have in place Mobs/NPCs will attack enemy factions (including enemy AI controlled factions) so it's likely you will come across battles taking place between AI controlled mobs/npcs that were dynamically generated (they just happened to wander into each other's aggro range) and you will be able to decide which side you want to help out which will effect your standings with the different factions. 

That's interesting.  So do the AI Factions function like an AI Faction in an RTS where they collect resources, build, and allocate resources for training military units?  Then send them out from the barracks either to guard their own settlements, patrol, or raid enemy settlements?