Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Corsair Scimitar RGB Elite Mouse Review

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageCorsair Scimitar RGB Elite Mouse Review

Corsair's Scimitar RGB Elite Mouse is aimed squarely at MMO and MOBA players, both needing a breadth of inputs to adequately play their games. So how does the mouse fare in that regard?

Read the full story here

Comments

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

Stizzled said:

Why can't anyone make a decent wireless mouse with this button layout?

Because real gamers don't use wireless.
    Amatheachesomastrawhat0981Tuor7
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167
    edited April 2020

Nanfoodle said:

Stizzled said:

5 years ago yeah I would agree, but tech has improved and response time and battery life have improved so much that the only thing keeping most people out of wireless is price. Logitech makes powerplay mat which is a mouse pad that powers the mouse wirelessly with no batteries, but again for a mouse and mat that is like $300.

Stizzled said:

Most MMO players only use these for emotes lol. I've tried tying my combat skills to a mouse like the G600, and it was terrible so I went back to keyboard layout and using the mouse buttons for mounts and dodge rolls. Maybe it's because I have big hands and fingers, but missing or pressing the wrong button happened too often.

xD_Gaming said:

how big is in the hand ? I'm hard pressed to find anything like the logitech g602

also thumb rest ?

No thumb wrest. I would stick with the g602 or get the g604. As a side note, this mouse has been revised 3 or 4 times now since it launched a few years ago. Corsair tends to launch stuff, then a year later when stuff breaks they relaunch the improved version for $10 more while not honoring warranties. You are paying to beta test their crap. I went from Logitech to Corsair, then back to Logitech as Corsair has terrible support.
    [Deleted User]
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Still rocking my Naga.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• CyberFrogCyberFrog Member UncommonPosts: 8

Still rocking my Naga.

Yeah that is a great one. I'm currently using the G600 and love it. They are like 35 bucks on Amazon now. I do miss the smaller size of the Naga though.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited April 2020
    I still use wired , yeah me old fashioned. I want to try this been using the Red Dragon and Logitech mostly but am using UtechSmart right now. Ahh the thumb rest hmm like someone else said no thumb rest?

After experiencing a thumb rest feel might not want to use one without.

Red Dragon has a thumb rest Logitech 600 doesn't either

I bought this which was cheap and works good too. It is UtechSmart  Venus

Chamber of Chains
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    I marvel at how anyone keeps up with so many buttons. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

edited April 2020
    Amathe said:
    Practice and after 3 or 4 days you don't even look. Muscle memory. I'm well over 60 (I keep lying about my age close to 65) . I can do it you can too.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Siris23Siris23 Member UncommonPosts: 388
    edited April 2020
    I've owned 3 Nagas, a G600 and 2 Scimitars (1 original and 1 Pro)

The Nagas were nice to use but 2 of them died after only a few months, the third I gave to a friend when I got my first Scimitar.

The G600 was a really well built mouse but it was just too wide, could only use it an hour or so before my hand started to ache.

Both the Scimitars are going strong, the original served a couple years as my desktop mouse and is now my laptop mouse when I need one and the Pro has been my desktop mouse for a year+. Only complaints I've had were the side pad doesn't default to 1 through =, you have to set up macros, and the side pad's buttons aren't quite as easy to tell apart compared to the later Nagas and the G600.

The Scimitar is definitely my favorite of the MMO mice.

It look like this new mouse is the same as the previous Scimitars but with an upgraded sensor.
    xD_Gaming said:

Tiller said:

Nanfoodle said:

Stizzled said:

5 years ago yeah I would agree, but tech has improved and response time and battery life have improved so much that the only thing keeping most people out of wireless is price. Logitech makes powerplay mat which is a mouse pad that powers the mouse wirelessly with no batteries, but again for a mouse and mat that is like $300.

Stizzled said:

Most MMO players only use these for emotes lol. I've tried tying my combat skills to a mouse like the G600, and it was terrible so I went back to keyboard layout and using the mouse buttons for mounts and dodge rolls. Maybe it's because I have big hands and fingers, but missing or pressing the wrong button happened too often.

xD_Gaming said:

how big is in the hand ? I'm hard pressed to find anything like the logitech g602

also thumb rest ?

No thumb wrest. I would stick with the g602 or get the g604. As a side note, this mouse has been revised 3 or 4 times now since it launched a few years ago. Corsair tends to launch stuff, then a year later when stuff breaks they relaunch the improved version for $10 more while not honoring warranties. You are paying to beta test their crap. I went from Logitech to Corsair, then back to Logitech as Corsair has terrible support.

so I will continue to stock pile the g602 xD .

g604 is the new g602. Not bad mouse tbh and it takes one AA battery that lasts months. No crazy RGB, it's almost the perfect mouse. I may pick it up when the price drops a bit more.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    cheyane said:
    Amathe said:
    Practice and after 3 or 4 days you don't even look. Muscle memory. I'm well over 60 (I keep lying about my age close to 65) . I can do it you can too.
    Well my muscle memory must suck because I've tried several of those keypad mice over the years and always keep going back to the ones with distinct buttons.

My current one is the G502 (which also does have a thumb rest) and its 9 programmable buttons are impossible to activate accidentally:

It's also not all thumb: 3 buttons are thumb, 2 are index finger (just the outer edge of the index finger while you continue to hold the LMB or not) and 4 are middle finger.

The 600 series gets all the Logitech hype but I much prefer the "lower end" 500 series.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Iselin said:
    cheyane said:
    Amathe said:
    Well my muscle memory must suck because I've tried several of those keypad mice over the years and always keep going back to the ones with distinct buttons.

My current one is the G502 (which also does have a thumb rest) and its 9 programmable buttons are impossible to activate accidentally:

It's also not all thumb: 3 buttons are thumb, 2 are index finger (just the outer edge of the index finger while you continue to hold the LMB or not) and 4 are middle finger.

The 600 series gets all the Logitech hype but I much prefer the "lower end" 500 series.

I just bought one of those on sale. It's a nice mouse but kinda smallish compared to the old G5 that it replaced in the lineup. I'll see if I can get used to it, if not I'll pick up a g604
    SWG Bloodfin vet

xD_Gaming said:
    Stizzled said:
    xD_Gaming said:

Tiller said:

Nanfoodle said:

Stizzled said:

Stizzled said:

xD_Gaming said:

also thumb rest ?

so I will continue to stock pile the g602 xD .
    I like my g604, just wish it had more side buttons. :)
    I've found through trial and error that most first gen logitech builds are better then its later twin. They sometimes skimp out on certian things for cost cutting . Like I had the first gen g15 kb, iirr was so tight, then it got destroyed in a bizzare accident >.<. then I later tried the g510s, not even close in comparison. 

With the g04 I can already see the cheap mold thumb buttons. I've had my first g602 for almost a few years.

If you know where to look, the g602 ar elike 30 dollars .

I had a g15 KB, but sadly the paint on the keys wore off in a few years. I later found after giving up on complaining to logitech that they recalled the first gen of those after thousands of complaints. I replaced it with a G710+ by that time, which I'm still using today. I won't buy a new one till it dies. 5 years still looks new and going strong *knock-on-wood.
    SWG Bloodfin vet

• Jixen9Jixen9 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    just ordered a corsair Scimitar and i absolutely love it.. tried the logitech G600 first but i found myself often accidentally clicking the Gshift key,, and they thumb keys didnt feel good imo..so i returned the Logitech and ordered the Corsair and i am very happy, it feel so smooth.
    Stizzled said:

cheyane said:

I still use wired , yeah me old fashioned. I want to try this been using the Red Dragon and Logitech mostly but am using UtechSmart right now. Ahh the thumb rest hmm like someone else said no thumb rest?

After experiencing a thumb rest feel might not want to use one without.

Red Dragon has a thumb rest Logitech 600 doesn't either

I bought this which was cheap and works good too. It is UtechSmart  Venus

How is that UtechSmart Venus? How cheap is it, is it cheap Chinese garbage or decent enough quality to give a shot? Some of the reviews talk about the side buttons feeling mushy.
    Sorry I missed the post and didn't reply. 

I cannot really tell you about its durability. Have had it about a year. Is it Chinese? I tried to check where this company is from but it looks like Google or what I can find has no indication of where this company was incorporated and operates from. But most products are made in China anyway.
    Chamber of Chains
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

edited April 2020
    Iselin said:
    cheyane said:
    Amathe said:

One of the greatest ever made 
    I used this, this was my training mouse. The one I learnt to use and play with and became so good even when I was not that great a player the quick response my thumb and index finger skating over the keys was the pinnacle I reached in responding to quick heals, cleanses, or anything to do with a white mage in FFXIV. This mouse made me a damn good healer. Before that I used to lose milliseconds searching to click on the screen since I've never been good with my left hand on the keyboard and I believe this mouse took me to that upper tier in skill.

Then I moved on to the 17 key ones. I had one mouse also Logitech that you could nudge the scroll button on the mouse left and right and add two more skill on that too. It was god like.

Edit: Yeah it was this mouse that had the two side scroll keys. What a gem this was.
    Chamber of Chains