Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Don't More People Play This?

2»

Comments

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited April 2020
    Rift was a very generic game to me...It felt like the birth baby of WoW and Warhammer....I think I didn;t like that they heralded the rift system as new and original, when it really was just  basically the public quest system from Warhammer. Also one of the tradeskills (cant remember the name) was literally identical to enchanting in WoW....It looked like they pasted and copied it...
    sumdumguy1
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Darksworm said:
    dreamer05 said:
    Seriously. I played back at launch and it was huge. I just got back into since there are no other decent MMOs out. It has aged well in terms of graphics, the souls system allows for so much unique customization, and the costume/dye system is very accessible and well done. The support role is unique, just a lot of good things I see but nobody is interested. Very sad, especially given the lackluster competition.
    Played at release.  The PvP wasn't even close to balanced, and it was annoying running around the world when any elpy that hit you for 1 damage would dismount you - or interrupt your casts.  The game just felt like it was trolling me.  Quit before my first month was over (probably after the first week).  Never went back.

Also, "Rifts" got annoying really quickly.
    Seconded. I played for a bit in beta and was already tired of those damn rifts opening way too often and rolling up half the zone into some giant zerg. I never bought a copy after launch. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    With all this sheltering in place, perhaps the game will pickup a bit.  Truth be told I'm working on playing a list of games and Rift is at the bottom of a very long list of games I want to play again.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey