Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArcheAge Unchained 'Stay Home' Event Live Now

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageArcheAge Unchained 'Stay Home' Event Live Now

The Stay Home event is live now in ArcheAge and ArcheAge Unchained.

Read the full story here

Comments

• mandark91mandark91 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    I think at this point the amount of people reading this is bigger than the amount of players for this game. Extremely poor management in a game with very interesting mechanics.
    sfo77foxgirlPuReDusTSailorMomalkarionlog
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    Archeage stay away is better
    sfo77AlbatroesdoomexfoxgirlPuReDusTPirrayaalkarionlog
  • XatshXatsh Member RarePosts: 451
    Have to sorta agree with the 2 above comments.

Game has hemorrhaged the majority of its players and more are quitting everyday. Needs a 3-4 => 1 server merger atm to actually get population back to an average lvl of non-alt active players.

Game use to have interesting mechanics then they turned it into a sorta Revelation Online version of what archeage use to be... aka alot of half baked concepts put together and built on nothing but daily quest.

XL, the developer is just purely incompetent... honestly gamigo gets blame for crap servers and non-existent customer support, mishandling of banning exploiters/ppl using excess alt accounts/bots but the game issues, what is the real killer, are all XL side. Gamigo have been asking XL game to fix things, they just take 5-6 months per bug fix or are just unwilling to fix things and just let us wait for a major patch which fixed them in Korea.

Unless they do a drastic overhaul to change the game back to at least 3.0/3.5 and gamigo increased staff by I do not know 10 fold to handle customer support. I suggest ppl either play WoW/FFXIV drastically better instanced content or ESO/GW2/BDO better open world content. ATM archeage has garbage instances and openworld is a complete joke now nothing but mindless faction zergs for everything. The key thing that made old AA actually really good, Guild Content/Trade/Openworld pvp/economy/ability to choose your own path, have all but been removed from the game.
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    Bah, I'm so desperate, trying again. Thankfully can play the un-unchained version at no cost. I need government assistantce to fork out all the MMO subscriptions I have re-activated due to boredom
    I'm sure I'll only last one session with Archeage
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Long story short:

Gamigo acquired Trion: https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/trion-worlds-bought-by-gamigo-layoffs-1202988537/

They took Archeage, removed all p2w items from shop, made game f2p, removed patreon, made archpass BOOM its Archeage Unchained, they worked for this sooooo long -.-

Game is released, everyone is hyped. . . . . .everyone is angry except 20 people in discord who are "A" kissing mod/admins....game is full of bugs, exploits, gamigo isnt doint anything about it, well they do but veeeery slow, even when they release update with bug fixes, people find another bugs....

Oooo yea, i forgot something, where is that A LICKER from youtube who had connections with "director"? Defended game whole time so he could stay in that "connection".... if game sucks and it is very bad, say it!!

Anyway, game is dead, we are all happy about it, waiting for Archeage: Corona Edition
  • ShutaraShutara Member UncommonPosts: 140
    People really come here to shit on other's parade no matter what, lol.
    For those calling out this game being dead - sure, it has failed miserably to preserve majority of it's players, but You know what? Any game is dead for everyone once they stop playing at all. It is shittest logic ever imagined to call something 'dead' before it officially closes it's servers. It won't be dead even next year with current population ratings, and maybe even if it has only several thousand active players and it's poorly managed. Y'all should get your shit together, for real. Your trash-talking is the opposite of killing this game, because that's what most of You would love to see - a downfall of someone else's attempt of delivering a product that's not in your taste anymore.

DMKano said:

So Gamigo does a mass layoff last week and then tries to cover it up by pumping out other news.

Nice.

How about them layoffs though? Just gonna sweep that under the rug?

Based on what, actually? There's literally 0 information about any layoffs within Gamigo on the Internet, aside from the fact they have been bought by MGI last month. If you have such news, why don't you come forward and pass them over, so someone sane can make a public post out of it?
    Viper482SailorMomalkarionlog
  • Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860

Shutara said:

For those calling out this game being dead - sure, it has failed miserably to preserve majority of it's players, but You know what? Any game is dead for everyone once they stop playing at all. It is shittest logic ever imagined to call something 'dead' before it officially closes it's servers. It won't be dead even next year with current population ratings, and maybe even if it has only several thousand active players and it's poorly managed. Y'all should get your shit together, for real. Your trash-talking is the opposite of killing this game, because that's what most of You would love to see - a downfall of someone else's attempt of delivering a product that's not in your taste anymore.

DMKano said:

So Gamigo does a mass layoff last week and then tries to cover it up by pumping out other news.

Nice.

Based on what, actually? There's literally 0 information about any layoffs within Gamigo on the Internet, aside from the fact they have been bought by MGI last month. If you have such news, why don't you come forward and pass them over, so someone sane can make a public post out of it?

i cant comment on how the game is now.. but my issues with the game have more to do with principles than anything else.

i quite enjoyed the game at one point, was very commited to it.

then all the issues began with the exploits, the ptw and what not that made me take a break.

what really bothered me though is that instead of addressing the problems, XL games basically said after all these years of milking players "ya you are right, we screwed up. we will sell you the game again done right (because we've got no more players to milk with the cash shop)".

• Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Some steam stats without counting players/ratings from people who bought game from their website:

Average players in last 30 days: 781
    All reviews: 67% positive
    Last 30 days reviews: 59% positive

In last 30 days they introduced some events, rewards etc but even that isnt helping them.
    Viper482

Shutara said:

DMKano said:

Nice.

i cant comment on how the game is now.. but my issues with the game have more to do with principles than anything else.

then all the issues began with the exploits, the ptw and what not that made me take a break.

what really bothered me though is that instead of addressing the problems, XL games basically said after all these years of milking players "ya you are right, we screwed up. we will sell you the game again done right (because we've got no more players to milk with the cash shop)".

All the hate towards this game made me actually stop playing it after several hours after purchasing, and therefore not being able to refund. This is the aftermath of such shitfest in the mmo society; making people regret playing the game even before they learned whether they want to play it themselves. And it's unfair towards many people who otherwise might've enjoyed it, even in the slightest. No matter if it's BDO or Archeage, some people don't care about progressing the quickest and don't mind not being fully competitive. Of course it's good to remain objective with judging changes, but if I listened to the community back then, I wouldn't even touch BDO with a 2m stick, but I spent a year in this game, happily slashing through the mobs and enjoying beautiful scenery with trading here and there. Then I realised I wanted to be more competitive, got overloaded by p2w/lack of listening to feedback drama, pumped myself with negative attitude because of "lack of content I would like to see being implemented", and left for 2 years. Now I'm back happily enjoying the game again, for what it is. Hopefully I will find the strength to do the same with Archeage, and I wish everyone reminded himself the true meaning of playing games - having fun in Your own way. If You cannot find if anymore, it's the sign to move on to another. No game will remain the same over so many years. For some it's the best what could happen, for some - not exactly. But where You see a negative, it might be actually positive for someone else who enjoy how it turned out to be.
    Viper482alkarionlogSensai
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

DMKano said:

Nice.

All the hate towards this game made me actually stop playing it after several hours after purchasing, and therefore not being able to refund. This is the aftermath of such shitfest in the mmo society; making people regret playing the game even before they learned whether they want to play it themselves. And it's unfair towards many people who otherwise might've enjoyed it, even in the slightest. No matter if it's BDO or Archeage, some people don't care about progressing the quickest and don't mind not being fully competitive. Of course it's good to remain objective with judging changes, but if I listened to the community back then, I wouldn't even touch BDO with a 2m stick, but I spent a year in this game, happily slashing through the mobs and enjoying beautiful scenery with trading here and there. Then I realised I wanted to be more competitive, got overloaded by p2w/lack of listening to feedback drama, pumped myself with negative attitude because of "lack of content I would like to see being implemented", and left for 2 years. Now I'm back happily enjoying the game again, for what it is. Hopefully I will find the strength to do the same with Archeage, and I wish everyone reminded himself the true meaning of playing games - having fun in Your own way. If You cannot find if anymore, it's the sign to move on to another. No game will remain the same over so many years. For some it's the best what could happen, for some - not exactly. But where You see a negative, it might be actually positive for someone else who enjoy how it turned out to be.

This is literally no ones fault but your own. Don't blame others.
    Haki88ShutarafoxgirlViper482alkarionlog

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• ziabatsuziabatsu Member UncommonPosts: 150
    edited April 2020
    I played AAU for about 3 weeks to a month and thought it was the coolest MMO I had never played. Then I hit the "endgame", which is basically just doing dailies to get infusions, which I ironically can't use because I either don't have enough labor points (a system that basically locks how much progress your character can make in a day), or gold. And the even more ironic part is that in order to make gold you have to spend labor points, and by the time you've mad enough gold to use infusions, you're out of labor points which are also required to infuse/upgrade your weapons and armor for some reason. AND EVEN MORE IRONIC IS THAT LABOR IS FUCKING SHARED, SO YOU HAVE TO BUY A SECOND ACCOUNT JUST TO FARM GOLD ON. Fuck AAU. I honestly didn't know a single "serious" player in that game who owned less than 3/4 accounts out of necessity.
    Haki88
  • Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860
    i don't want to own 3 accounts to be able to play a game
  • foxgirlfoxgirl Member RarePosts: 485

All the hate towards this game made me actually stop playing it after several hours after purchasing, and therefore not being able to refund.

Oh please. Don't try to blame this on others. If you got disillusioned that easily by our comments then you better watch out for Nigerian princes and people trying to sell beach front access in Arizona.

ShutaraHaki88mandark91TillerSailorMomalkarionlog
    edited April 2020

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

DMKano said:

Nice.

If You make a public statement, and someone actually see it worthy of any consideration, it's as much his fault, as it is Yours, because
    a) A person should not base his total expectations over someone elses' point of view.
    b) You are responsible for what You write, especially if You don't sound like You are trolling. Let's say You take out Your anger on some random dude on the webz, and while losing an argument You reply "Go kill yourself". And let's go even further - this person is emotionally unstable, damaged by other bullies, and then Your comment pushes him to suicide. I know it's totally different case, but the same rules apply. I hope You understand it one day ;)
    foxgirl said:

All the hate towards this game made me actually stop playing it after several hours after purchasing, and therefore not being able to refund.

Oh please. Don't try to blame this on others. If you got disillusioned that easily by our comments then you better watch out for Nigerian princes and people trying to sell beach front access in Arizona.

The only ones to blame are shittalkers who talk shit for living, just like Yourself right now, lol. And don't flatter yourself just yet, my sweet prince - fyi I decided to drop out by the mix of feedback, technical problems and the lack of time. Keyboard warriors like You just made it quicker to realise its community might be even worse than the game itself. Sorry if I poorly phrased it at the beginning.
    Panther2103

You don't have to own more than 1 copy to be able to play the game. If You long for being most efficient it is mechanics-wise possible and making a 2nd job out of a game(!), then yeah, probably You need all three of them to "play"
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,125

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

DMKano said:

Nice.

If You make a public statement, and someone actually see it worthy of any consideration, it's as much his fault, as it is Yours, because

a) A person should not base his total expectations over someone elses' point of view.

b) You are responsible for what You write, especially if You don't sound like You are trolling. Let's say You take out Your anger on some random dude on the webz, and while losing an argument You reply "Go kill yourself". And let's go even further - this person is emotionally unstable, damaged by other bullies, and then Your comment pushes him to suicide. I know it's totally different case, but the same rules apply. I hope You understand it one day ;)

foxgirl said:

The only ones to blame are shittalkers who talk shit for living, just like Yourself right now, lol. And don't flatter yourself just yet, my sweet prince - fyi I decided to drop out by the mix of feedback, technical problems and the lack of time. Keyboard warriors like You just made it quicker to realise its community might be even worse than the game itself. Sorry if I poorly phrased it at the beginning.

bruh, shit talkers make a pretty good living, you can afford lots of games for more shit talking. Keyboard warriors make less, but it's a good side hustle.
    Shutara
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056
    edited April 2020
    A real event would be an alpha server when the game was actually amazing.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,056

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

DMKano said:

Nice.

Then gtfo the forums and play the game. Are you actually implying people who do not like the game are making the game fail? ROFL. If your enjoyment of a game is impacted by my opinion of it you need a psychologist.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ziabatsuziabatsu Member UncommonPosts: 150

Shutara said:

You don't have to own more than 1 copy to be able to play the game. If You long for being most efficient it is mechanics-wise possible and making a 2nd job out of a game(!), then yeah, probably You need all three of them to "play"

Yeah, you don't HAVE to own more than 1 account. Not sure if you're making a "point" or being a fanboi (or maybe you haven't played long enough to know what the endgame wall looks like). Anyone who has 1 account is not going to progress in the game unless they are buying gold online, or getting it for free somehow. Labor points force you into a position where you have to pick between farming for gold, or progressing your character.

You also get locked on the amount of land you can own, once again forcing you to open multiple accounts in order to make a farm worth a shit.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    edited April 2020
    I did enjoy growing and making items to put on my haulers and carry to places and sell them but I was hampered by the energy system. So I quit. Annyeong
    Chamber of Chains
  • alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

DMKano said:

Nice.

foxgirl said:

yes lets lie about things so you don't feel like a fool for being fooled, really stop being so weak.

btw marriage are awfull, dating is overrated, working only benefit the goverment not you, and sex can give you several diseases

now I want to see what you gonna do
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

DMKano said:

Nice.

I don't get how all the hate got you to quit playing the game. Did you play during Unchained or before that? Because if you played during Unchained people loved it for the first couple of weeks (except for a few bugs and server issues). I was one of those people. I was in one of the biggest guilds on my server, we had quite a bit of land and were having fun PvPing.

Unfortunately you can see when the people started to leave, and it wasn't due to people talking crap about the game. It was due to extreme mismanagement from Gamigo or XL whoever does the coding on NA's end for the pass. They released a battle pass (or whatever they called it at the time) that was broken and allowed people to exploit it to get MASS amounts of gold which screwed the economy on the server. After that people kept saying oh Gamigo will fix it I'm sure and by the time they did fix it there were other exploits found that people started abusing.

The economy in a PvP focused game is one of the most important aspects. If that gets messed up the game will have massive population problems. And the fact that Gamigo / XL just put their fingers in their ears and ignored the problem for too long really set it on a downward trend.

Viper482 said:

Shutara said:

Shutara said:

DMKano said:

Nice.

Then gtfo the forums and play the game. Are you actually implying people who do not like the game are making the game fail? ROFL. If your enjoyment of a game is impacted by my opinion of it you need a psychologist.

The only thing I could be implying now is that You are unable to read. Which is saddening for a forum user. I cannot possibly fathom how could You write 3k posts this way.

I literally added in next post, that my decision not to play it anymore was partly because dicks like Yourself could've been among playerbase. "You made me do it" was just a unfortunate shortcut, which You misunderstood and of course took as an opportunity to keep throwing shit at me. I hope this helps you through the night, though. And I could argue who needs a psychologist more at this point.

ziabatsu said:

Shutara said:

Yeah, you don't HAVE to own more than 1 account. Not sure if you're making a "point" or being a fanboi (or maybe you haven't played long enough to know what the endgame wall looks like). Anyone who has 1 account is not going to progress in the game unless they are buying gold online, or getting it for free somehow. Labor points force you into a position where you have to pick between farming for gold, or progressing your character.

You also get locked on the amount of land you can own, once again forcing you to open multiple accounts in order to make a farm worth a shit.

I'm just stating the obvious. Your imagination of progress is subjective, as everyone is progressing no matter how many accounts they own and how much time they spend in-game. The pace of progress itself varies, sure. And please, stop before you end up like those sad people above trying to categorize me based on their inability to communicate :) The only thing I might be fanboy of, is surely addressing stupidity in here.
    edited April 2020

yes lets lie about things so you don't feel like a fool for being fooled, really stop being so weak.

btw marriage are awfull, dating is overrated, working only benefit the goverment not you, and sex can give you several diseases

now I want to see what you gonna do

Lying about what, exactly? And do You seriously write nonsense in each post just like that? You cannot even reply to a serious topic. Good job, the only fool here seems to be You right now lmao.