Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

#Tartarians/Barbarians The Conquerors and Reverse Engineers Da vinci to Tesla

Comments

• KingNaidKingNaid Member UncommonPosts: 1,875

edited April 2020

edited April 2020

edited April 2020
    Full Moon Names

Historically, Native American and other traditional names for full Moons were used to track the seasons. Think of them as “nicknames” for the Moon! See Full Moon names for each month of the year and their meanings.

The Full Moon Names we use in The Old Farmer’s Almanac come from Native American tribes, Colonial Americans, or other traditional North American names passed down through generations. (Note that each full Moon name was applied to the entire lunar month in which it occurred.)

Month Name Description
    January Full Wolf Moon Wolves tended to howl more often at this time. This Moon has also been called the Cold Moon and the Spirit Moon.
    February Full Snow Moon The heaviest snows often fall in February. This Moon has also been called the Hunger Moon.
    March Full Worm Moon The ground begins to soften and earthworm casts reappear, inviting the return of robins. This has also been called the Sap Moon, as it marks the time when maple sap begins to flow and the annual tapping of maple trees begins.
    April Full Pink Moon This full Moon heralded the appearance of the moss pink, or wild ground phlox—one of the first spring flowers. It has also been called the Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and the Fish Moon.
    May Full Flower Moon Flowers spring forth in abundance this month. This has also been called the Corn Planting Moon and the Milk Moon.
    June Full Strawberry Moon In the Colonial areas, this was a time to gather ripening strawberries. It has also been called the Rose Moon and the Hot Moon.
    July Full Buck Moon At this time, a buck’s antlers are in full growth mode. This full Moon has also been called the Thunder Moon, because thunderstorms are so frequent during this month.
    August Full Sturgeon Moon The sturgeon of the Great Lakes and Lake Champlain were most readily caught during this full Moon. This has also been called the Green Corn Moon.
    September Full Corn Moon This full Moon corresponds with the time of harvesting corn. It has also called the Barley Moon, because it is the time to harvest and thresh the ripened barley. (See note below regarding the “Harvest Moon” timing.)
    October Full Hunter’s Moon This is the month when the leaves are falling and the game is fattened. Now is the time for hunting and laying in a store of provisions for the long winter ahead. October’s Moon has also called the Travel Moon and the Dying Moon.
    November Full Beaver Moon For both the colonists and local tribes, this was the time to set beaver traps before the swamps froze, to ensure a supply of warm winter furs. This full Moon has also called the Frost Moon.
    December Full Cold Moon This is the month when the winter cold fastens its grip and the nights become long and dark. This full Moon has also been called the Long Nights Moon.

https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/moon/pink.html

In ancient times, it was common to track the changing seasons by following the lunar month rather than the solar year, which the 12 months in our modern calendar are based on.

For millennia, people across Europe, as well as Native American tribes, named the months after features they associated with the Northern Hemisphere seasons, and many of these names are very similar or identical.

Today, we use many of these ancient month names as Full Moon names. A common explanation is that Colonial Americans adopted many of the Native American names and incorporated them into the modern calendar.

However, it seems that it is a combination of Native American, Anglo-Saxon, and Germanic month names which gave birth to the names commonly used for the Full Moon today.

Some years have 13 Full Moons, which makes one of them a Blue Moon, as it doesn't quite fit in with the traditional Full Moon naming system. However, this is not the only definition of a Blue Moon.

The name Pink Moon comes from one of the first spring flowers, Wild Ground Phlox, also known as Moss Phlox (Phlox subulata) as they cover the ground like a pink blanket. These brightly-colored flowers are native to North America, and they often bloom around the time of April's Full Moon.

Other names for this Full Moon include Sprouting Grass Moon, Fish Moon, Hare Moon, and the Anglo-Saxon name is Egg Moon. Hare Moon is also used for the May Full Moon. These names all refer to the birth of spring with grass sprouting, birds laying eggs, fish being more plentiful, hares breeding, and people planting seeds.

Full MoonThird QuarterNew Moon
    April 1
    6:21 am
    April 7
    10:35 pm
    Pink Moon
    April 14
    6:56 pm
    April 22
    10:25 pm

edited April 2020

Mayan hieroglyphs Art Print by Lee Dos Santos

• Ancient_ExileAncient_Exile Member RarePosts: 1,303
    So what are you trying to say?
    "If everything was easy, nothing would be hard."

"Show me on the doll where PVP touched you."

(Note:  If I type something in a thread that does not exactly pertain to the stated subject of the thread in every, way, shape, and form, please feel free to send me a response in a Private Message.)

edited May 2020

new testament events were happening in parallel to events of Old Testament at about same time but from the enemies perspective. Daniel 7 is talking about Revelations. From my understanding revelations already and been happening, the four archons let loose the four horsemen from ends of the earth which are gog and magog, nomadic horseriders.

144 thousand israelites were traitors

The Sealing of the 144,000

7:1 After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth so no wind could blow on the earth, on the sea, or on any tree. 7:2 Then1 I saw another angel ascending from the east,2 who had3 the seal4 of the living God. He5 shouted out with a loud voice to the four angels who had been given permission6 to damage the earth and the sea:7 7:3 “Do not damage the earth or the sea or the trees until we have put a seal on the foreheads of the servants8 of our God.” 7:4 Now9 I heard the number of those who were marked with the seal,10 one hundred and forty-four thousand, sealed from all11 the tribes of the people of Israel:12

7:5 From the tribe of Judah, twelve thousand were sealed,

from the tribe of Reuben, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Gad, twelve thousand,

7:6 from the tribe of Asher, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Naphtali, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Manasseh, twelve thousand,

7:7 from the tribe of Simeon, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Levi, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Issachar, twelve thousand,

7:8 from the tribe of Zebulun, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Joseph, twelve thousand,

from the tribe of Benjamin, twelve thousand were sealed.

7:9 After these things I looked, and here was13 an enormous crowd that no one could count, made up of persons from every nation, tribe,14 people, and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb dressed in long white robes, and with palm branches in their hands. 7:10 They were shouting out in a loud voice,

“Salvation belongs to our God,15

to the one seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

7:11 And all the angels stood16 there in a circle around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they threw themselves down with their faces to the ground17 before the throne and worshiped God, 7:12 saying,

“Amen! Praise and glory,

and wisdom and thanksgiving,

and honor and power and strength

be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!”

7:13 Then18 one of the elders asked19 me, “These dressed in long white robes – who are they and where have they come from?” 7:14 So20 I said to him, “My lord, you know the answer.”21 Then22 he said to me, “These are the ones who have come out of the great tribulation. They23 have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb! 7:15 For this reason they are before the throne of God, and they serve24 him day and night in his temple, and the one seated on the throne will shelter them.25 7:16 They will never go hungry or be thirsty again, and the sun will not beat down on them, nor any burning heat,26 7:17 because the Lamb in the middle of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”27

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_calf

According to the Bible, the golden calf (עֵגֶּל הַזָהָב ‘ēggel hazāhāv) was an idol (a cult image) made by the Israelites when Moses went up to Mount Sinai. In Hebrew, the incident is known as ḥēṭ’ ha‘ēggel (חֵטְא הַעֵגֶּל) or the Sin of the Calf. It is first mentioned in Exodus 32:4.

Bull worship was common in many cultures. In Egypt, whence according to the Exodus narrative the Hebrews had recently come, the Apis Bull was a comparable object of worship, which some believe the Hebrews were reviving in the wilderness;[1] alternatively, some believe the God of Israel was associated with or pictured as a calf/bull deity through the process of religious assimilation and syncretism. Among the Egyptians' and Hebrews' neighbors in the ancient Near East and in the Aegean, the aurochs, the wild bull, was widely worshipped, often as the Lunar Bull and as the creature of El.

When Moses went up into biblical Mount Sinai to receive the Ten Commandments (Exodus 24:12-18), he left the Israelites for forty days and forty nights. The Israelites feared that he would not return and demanded that Aaron make them "gods" to go before them (Exodus 32:1). Aaron gathered up the Israelites' golden earrings and ornaments, constructed a "molten calf" and they declared: "These [be] thy gods, O Israel, which brought thee up out of the land of Egypt." (Exodus 32:4)

Aaron built an altar before the calf and proclaimed the next day to be a feast to the LORD. So they rose up early the next day and "offered burnt-offerings, and brought peace-offerings; and the people sat down to eat and to drink, and rose up to play." (Exodus 32:6) God told Moses what the Israelites were up to back in camp, that they had turned aside quickly out of the way which God commanded them and he was going to destroy them and start a new people from Moses. Moses besought and pleaded that they should be spared (Exodus 32:11-14), and God "repented of the evil which He said He would do unto His people."

Moses went down from the mountain, but upon seeing the calf, he became angry and threw down the two Tablets of Stone, breaking them. Moses burnt the golden calf in a fire, ground it to powder, scattered it on water, and forced the Israelites to drink it. When Moses asked him, Aaron admitted to collecting the gold, and throwing it into the fire, and said it came out as a calf (Exodus 32:21-24

Malachi 3

The Purifier

1 “Behold, I am going to send My (a)messenger, and he will (b)clear the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; (c)and the (d)messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming,” says the Lord of hosts. 2 “But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner’s fire and like (e)fullers’ soap. 3 He will sit as a smelter and purifier of silver, and He will purify the sons of Levi and refine them like gold and silver, so that they may present to the Lord (f)offerings in righteousness. 4 Then the (g)offering of Judah and Jerusalem will be pleasing to the Lord as in the days of old and as in former years.
    5 “Then I will draw near to you for judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers and against the adulterers and against those who swear falsely, and against those who oppress the wage earner in his wages, the widow and the (h)orphan, and those who turn aside the (i)alien and do not (j)fear Me,” says the Lord of hosts. 6 “For (k)I, the Lord, do not change; therefore you, O sons of Jacob, (l)are not consumed.
    7 “From the days of your fathers you have turned aside from My statutes and have not kept them. Return to Me, and I will return to you,” says the Lord of hosts. “But you say, ‘How shall we return?’

You Have Robbed God

8 “Will a man (m)rob God? Yet you are robbing Me! But you say, ‘How have we robbed You?’ In tithes and (n)offerings. 9 You are cursed with a curse, for you are (o)robbing Me, the whole nation of you! 10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be (p)food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the Lord of hosts, “if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until (q)it overflows. 11 Then I will rebuke the devourer for you, so that it will not (r)destroy the fruits of the ground; nor will your vine in the field cast its grapes,” says the Lord of hosts. 12 “All the nations will call you blessed, for you shall be a delightful land,” says the Lord of hosts.
    13 “Your words have been (s)arrogant against Me,” says the Lord. “Yet you say, ‘What have we spoken against You?’ 14 You have said, ‘It is vain to serve God; and what profit is it that we have kept His charge, and that we have walked in mourning before the Lord of hosts? 15 So now we call the arrogant blessed; not only are the doers of wickedness built up but they also test God and escape.’”

The Book of Remembrance

16 Then those who (t)feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord gave attention and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who (u)fear the Lord and who esteem His name. 17 “They will be Mine,” says the Lord of hosts, “on the day that I (v)prepare My (w)own possession, and I will (x)spare them as a man (y)spares his own son who serves him.” 18 So you will again distinguish between the righteous and the wicked, between one who serves God and one who does not serve Him.

Bull worship was common in many cultures. In Egypt, whence according to the Exodus narrative the Hebrews had recently come, the Apis Bull was a comparable object of worship, which some believe the Hebrews were reviving in the wilderness;[1] alternatively, some believe the God of Israel was associated with or pictured as a calf/bull deity through the process of religious assimilation and syncretism. Among the Egyptians' and Hebrews' neighbors in the ancient Near East and in the Aegean, the aurochs, the wild bull, was widely worshipped, often as the Lunar Bull and as the creature of El.

"“Salvation belongs to our God,15

to the one seated on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

7:11 And all the angels stood16 there in a circle around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they threw themselves down with their faces to the ground17 before the throne and worshiped God, 7:12 saying,

“Amen! Praise and glory,

and wisdom and thanksgiving,

and honor and power and strength

be to our God for ever and ever. Amen!”"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amun

Amun (also Amon, Ammon, Amen, Ancient Egyptian: jmn, reconstructed [jaˈmaːnuw]; Greek Ἄμμων Ámmōn, Ἅμμων Hámmōn) was a major ancient Egyptian deity who appears as a member of the Hermopolitan Ogdoad. Amun was attested from the Old Kingdom together with his wife Amaunet. With the 11th dynasty (c. 21st century BC), Amun rose to the position of patron deity of Thebes by replacing Montu.[1]

After the rebellion of Thebes against the Hyksos and with the rule of Ahmose I (16th century BC), Amun acquired national importance, expressed in his fusion with the Sun god, Ra, as Amun-Ra or Amun-Re.

Amun-Ra retained chief importance in the Egyptian pantheon throughout the New Kingdom (with the exception of the "Atenist heresy" under Akhenaten). Amun-Ra in this period (16th to 11th centuries BC) held the position of transcendental, self-created[2] creator deity "par excellence"; he was the champion of the poor or troubled and central to personal piety.[3] His position as King of Gods developed to the point of virtual monotheism where other gods became manifestations of him. With Osiris, Amun-Ra is the most widely recorded of the Egyptian gods.[3]

As the chief deity of the Egyptian Empire, Amun-Ra also came to be worshipped outside Egypt, according to the testimony of ancient Greek historiographers in Libya and Nubia. As Zeus Ammon, he came to be identified with Zeus in Greece.

"7:13 Then18 one of the elders asked19 me, “These dressed in long white robes – who are they and where have they come from?” 7:14 So20 I said to him, “My lord, you know the answer.”21 Then22 he said to me, “These are the ones who have come out of the great tribulation. They23 have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb!"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoth-Amon
    Thoth-Amon is a fictional character created by Robert E. Howard. He is an evil wizard in "The Phoenix on the Sword", the first of the Conan the Cimmerian stories. He is often used as Conan's arch-nemesis in derivative works, but the two characters never met in any of Howard's original stories.
    https://arkencounter.com/blog/2014/08/14/depicting-the-arks-passengers-noahs-wife/

Depicting the Ark’s Passengers: Noah’s Wife

by Ark Encounter on August 14, 2014

httpsipinimgcomoriginalsbe2efbbe2efb9a3ec89a78683856e60650e089jpg
    httpsipinimgcomoriginals7cd74d7cd74dd461d97566dc1052f276467e88jpg
    httpsipinimgcomoriginals7a9aba7a9aba2f2bc0ff75b66eb38e6233e019jpg
    httpsipinimgcomoriginals8d18a18d18a1574949fafb9726e8ade7902310jpg