Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORTS, Starborne, Hits Open Beta Today

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited April 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageMMORTS, Starborne, Hits Open Beta Today

MMORTS Starborne hits open beta today. Here's what you need to know.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I played a bit, it feels like one of those old browser "rts" games where you build something for 2 hours come back and click build on another thing then click raid on someone and it takes another 5 hours.
    jason523
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    No idea what this studio is thinking,they are not taking any Eve players and SC is grabbing the rest,so what market do they THINK they are attracting?
    Do they simply figure they can SHARE a small % of the pie and that is enough?

To me it says a lot more about how easy it is to simply jump in the market,way too many studios coming out of nowhere now a days.

As to the bigger issue,the pay model of this game is very sketchy.

"seasons"to force new cash shop spending and just like Eve how can anyone play a game where the devs play?I am not talking a situation where it doesn't matter but in a cash shop game...it MATTERS.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• yonpachiyonpachi Member UncommonPosts: 191

I played a bit, it feels like one of those old browser "rts" games where you build something for 2 hours come back and click build on another thing then click raid on someone and it takes another 5 hours.

Yeah it plays like rts browser game called Travian, used to play those abit back in the days.
  • toxicmangotoxicmango Member UncommonPosts: 119

Wizardry said:

No idea what this studio is thinking,they are not taking any Eve players and SC is grabbing the rest,so what market do they THINK they are attracting?
    Do they simply figure they can SHARE a small % of the pie and that is enough?

To me it says a lot more about how easy it is to simply jump in the market,way too many studios coming out of nowhere now a days.

As to the bigger issue,the pay model of this game is very sketchy.

"seasons"to force new cash shop spending and just like Eve how can anyone play a game where the devs play?I am not talking a situation where it doesn't matter but in a cash shop game...it MATTERS.

The developers include some former Eve developers. That should give you a hint: they don't care about developer corruption and conflict of interest.