Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long have you played?

skeezixsskeezixs Member Posts: 66
Just Curious if you like this game or not. And if so how long have you been playing MMO's. My Guess is most that like this have only been playing for the last 4 years or newer.

Comments

  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,923

    EQ2 was released nov 2005.Thats less then 18 months ago.Even if you got into friends and family beta and got in very early thats april/may 2005 which is less then 2 years.

    But since the poll is about years playing mmorpg i am on my 9th year!

  • Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398

    i started two weeks after eq2 launch date.  close to around thanksgiving 2004.  played the just over a year before deciding to move on.

    been playing mmorpgs for two years now.

    Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

  • KindleKindle Member Posts: 68


    Originally posted by hercules


    EQ2 was released nov 2005.Thats less then 18 months ago.Even if you got into friends and family beta and got in very early thats april/may 2005 which is less then 2 years.
    But since the poll is about years playing mmorpg i am on my 9th year!


    Actually, it was 2004.  My guild creation date, 10 November 2004.

    Kindle - 68 Erudite Conjurer - Najena - Officer and Recruiter, Foundation Guild
    Server Index

  • NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357

    My subscription started on December 25, 2004 and I played for a year and then quit, came back for 3 months, left again, and now I'm about to come back yet again.

    Can't make up my mind I guess. Every time I leave the game I end up missing it and coming back.

    Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

  • Takata5Takata5 Member Posts: 336


    Originally posted by Nihilanth

    My subscription started on December 25, 2004 and I played for a year and then quit, came back for 3 months, left again, and now I'm about to come back yet again.
    Can't make up my mind I guess. Every time I leave the game I end up missing it and coming back.


    Thats how Evercrack works, you try and quit but it keeps making you come back for more. It was like that for me in EQ1. Now in EQ2, I started sometime in 2005, my account closed in sep only because my time card ran out and I couldn't find another one for awhile so I played WoW only because they had more of a supply of time cards for that game. Now I am back and loving the game again. So my Xfire will tell you how many hours I've played into the game. But I've been playing it for less than a year...
  • TheKrakenTheKraken Member Posts: 154

    Playing since launch, though increasingly less the last 2-3 months.  Probably has been a waste of money for me to have kept paying for it, should've just taken a straight-up break from it for a while.  Like many of my guildmates, we're playing just cause there's no obvious alternative atm.  Many of them have high-hopes for Vangaurd, I'm interested in Pirates, cause I like anything new.

    Playing mmorpgs seriously- altogether about 4 years.

  • skeezixsskeezixs Member Posts: 66

    Hrm seems to be about what i thought but not enough votes to get a real picture. Myself started with UO back in 98. But have played Mudds since 95ish. most that i have talked to that hate WoW and Eq2 are people that have played 4+ years, those undre 4 years seem to love it. And to me WoW and Eq2 were basically the same game in alot of ways.

    Only reason i go back is i have a few good friends still on eq 2 and its more fun to play with them than so cross game chat.

  • skeezixsskeezixs Member Posts: 66

    On Eq2 i started in beta in july of 04, bought it when it went live cause t was a ok game back then. Then nerf after nerf, i finally quit in march of 05 when the attunement nerf finally ruined the fun for me. Also would have been better if lvls took about 10 times longer they are way way to easy in these new games. Will be great when a MMO desinger figures out we want a game with difficulty and acheivement. Not spoon feed here is max level, and now you must farm to pay off the traders to get decent gear cause non tradeskill stuff rarely is ever for sale. Which leads to fighting for a camp to get the good gear, and blah, blah, blah i could go on but you get the idea. 

    It would be nice to not have to mega farm to pay off crafters since they mak 75% of the gear on the market, 15% is useless quest stuff, and 10% is very very over priced drops. 

  • Vin79Vin79 Member Posts: 112

    I have played mmorpgs since the late 90's, but quit this january fpr more inportant matters. EQ2 IS a fun game as long as you play in a great guild, its one of the best guild oriented PvE games atm.

    I just dont like the limitations of the world, though i guess its reduces lag.

  • Jd1680aJd1680a Member Posts: 398



    Originally posted by Takata5

    Thats how Evercrack works, you try and quit but it keeps making you come back for more. It was like that for me in EQ1. Now in EQ2, I started sometime in 2005, my account closed in sep only because my time card ran out and I couldn't find another one for awhile so I played WoW only because they had more of a supply of time cards for that game. Now I am back and loving the game again. So my Xfire will tell you how many hours I've played into the game. But I've been playing it for less than a year...



    why do you use time cards?  dont you have a credit card?

    Have played: CoH, DDO EQ2, FFXI, L2, HZ, SoR, and WW2 online

  • mangarmangar Member UncommonPosts: 296
    haaaah 2+ years

    <div><span style="width:120px; height:120px;float:left;overflow: hidden;"><a href="http://www.zowned.com/Opef"><img src="http://www.zowned.com/file/pic/user/Opef_120.jpg"; style="border: 0pt none ; margin: 10px 10px 10px 10px; width: 120px; height: 120px;"></a></span></div>

  • buzzed1169buzzed1169 Member Posts: 3
    1 year 5 months and i am still only L42 with my main
  • sholmes983sholmes983 Member Posts: 11
    Hmm, I really enjoy this game.  As far as how long I've been playing MMORPGs.  I played The Realm Online shortly after it came out, so I guess I've been playing them for about 9-10 years.  

  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,972

    The launch of EQ1 was the start of my slow descent into the bowels of hell.

    As far as EQ2 goes:

    Played beta, then release for about 3 months. Quit.

    Came back 6 months later, played for 3 months. Quit.

    Came back again 2 months later for PvP, played for 2 months. Quit.

    Every time I come back the game gets better, but I've come to the conclusion that it will never be the game I wanted it to be.

    Joined - July 2004

  • fawdfawd Member Posts: 367

    I played EQ1 but never really got into it.   The first MMO i played "hardcore" was day one of SWG.

    I miss it too.

  • NihilanthNihilanth Member Posts: 1,357


    Originally posted by remyburke
    The launch of EQ1 was the start of my slow descent into the bowels of hell.
    As far as EQ2 goes:
    Played beta, then release for about 3 months. Quit.
    Came back 6 months later, played for 3 months. Quit.
    Came back again 2 months later for PvP, played for 2 months. Quit.
    Every time I come back the game gets better, but I've come to the conclusion that it will never be the game I wanted it to be.

    I've had a very similar issue to yours, except I'm currently playing.

    I made the mistake in FFXI of leaving once and deleting my characters before I did so thinking I'd never return. Yeah, that didn't work and all it did was frustrate the hell out of me when I did come back. I haven't made that mistake in EQ2, which is good considering I've quit/rejoined 3 times so far.

    Got game XMAS '04 and played until November '05. Quit
    Came back 3 months later and played for 3 months. Quit.
    Just recently rejoined and I'm still playing.

    The game deffinitely has its issues, and by no means do I think it's the perfect game. But the thing for me is, it's the best one currently on the market, and it's too freakin addictive to stop playing for too long. Maybe once Vanguard comes out I'll finally be able to put EQ2 to rest, but until then I'm having more fun with EQ2 than any other MMO out.

    Schutzbar - Human Warrior - Windrunner Alliance - World of Warcraft
    Nihilanth - Kerra Paladin - Blackburrow - EverQuest II
    XBL Gamertag - Eagle15GT

  • Nemesis13Nemesis13 Member Posts: 11
    I played for all of 4 days. The crafting was really awesome, probably the best system yet. However the game wasn't for me. I've been playing MMO's 2001, so about 4-5 years.
  • ChaosKinChaosKin Member Posts: 50
    EQ2 since launch.  EQ since 2002.   Online games.. since 2002.

    Bringing Chaos to your locale.

Sign In or Register to comment.