Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Washington State - Office of the Attorney General

DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60

Washington state will not tolerate crowdfunding theft,” said Ferguson. “If you accept money from consumers, and don’t follow through on your obligations, my office will hold you accountable.




  • Mars_OMGMars_OMG Member EpicPosts: 3,027
    thank you.
    - abandoning social media could possibly save the world.  

  • DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    It’s not much one can do on an individual level, so I think this is the best option available for now, if you want to see anyone held accountable.

    Glad I could help. 
  • XodicXodic Member EpicPosts: 1,254
    edited March 2020
    It costs $60 to file a motion. If there were enough people to do that in several different states, then they would likely be consolidated and lawyers will be knocking on your door, chasing your car, accidentally bumping into you at the super market, and sending you birthday cards. 

    Maybe even get the FTC's attention.

    "Washington State’s action may have been the first, but it certainly won’t be the last, given the proliferation of crowdfunding platforms.  The federal action this year came from the Federal Trade Commission, which charged that Erik Chevalier misused $122,874 he raised on Kickstarter for a board game called, “The Doom That Came to Atlantic City,” featuring characters from the writings of H.P. Lovecraft.  Chevalier eventually gave up on the game and promised to refund donors money, but never did.  In fact, he had already used most of the money raised through Kickstarter on expenses unrelated to his Doom game.  The FTC settlement with Chevalier made him commit to refrain from future misrepresentations about crowdfunding and penalized him $111,000, though the penalty was suspended due to Chevalier’s inability to pay."


    File FTC complaint here.
  • DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    You can file a consumer complaint with the FTC directly here: 

  • DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60

    The Office of Attorney General of Washington is accepting international complaints.

    As a non-US resident/citizen, you are allowed to put in your consulate’s address / telephone number in the corresponding fields of the complaint form, as long as you put in a note at the top of your complaint containing your actual personal information (citizenship, country of residence, address and telephone numbers).

    Make sure to use your own email address in the form.

  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 543
    This is probably going to get no one's money back but it will hopefully punish Jeromy Welsher for lying pre,  post during and post kickstarter
Sign In or Register to comment.