Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Over 2 Million Missions Have Been Completed in Star Citizen

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageOver 2 Million Missions Have Been Completed in Star Citizen

Over two million missions have been completed in Star Citizen, according to the latest infographic shared by the team.

Read the full story here

NorseGodErillionWalkinGlenn

Comments

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Most telling thing from this is the vast separation between PvE and PvP missions. or maybe there are just more PvE missions than PvP ones?

but does it really matter? Tech demo missions are a story now?

I wonder how many quests ESO beta or GW2 Beta had completed in their short time frame? Took SC 7 years for these numbers.
    NorseGodCadiz
  • BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    What is that? Less than 1 mission per Star Citizen?
    NorseGodCadizinfomatz
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited March 2020
    Worse.

They count every person who registered for Free Flight events, multiple times a year, for over 7 years; as a "Star Citizen".

There has to be a mistake.
    Octagon7711Cadiz
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • SplattrSplattr Member RarePosts: 537

NorseGod said:

Worse.

They count every person who registered for Free Flight events, multiple times a year, for over 7 years; as a "Star Citizen".

There has to be a mistake.

Even crazier is that with an estimated $267mil in revenue that equates to $133 per mission. And people complain about paying $60 for a complete game.
    NildenCadiz
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited March 2020
    Wouldn't these stats actually matter if the game was....oh i don't know....actually released...?
    NorseGodNildenKyleraninfomatz
    edited March 2020
    Albatroes said:
    Wouldn't these stats actually matter if the game was....oh i don't know....actually released...?
    And it's only the Monday SC article, I can't wait for the Friday SC article about fruit basket tech v2 rework.
    Post edited by NorseGod on
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Whoa, so much wasted, pointless effort,  who knew people would bother doing such?
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,517
    What phase is this game in right now? Alpha?
    NorseGod
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

edited March 2020
    Ungood said:
    Do you want the industry standards answer or the marketing answer?

NildenKyleranUngoodOctagon7711Aeander
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Ungood said:
    Alpha and many years away from release.
    Ungood
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 585

rodarin said:

Most telling thing from this is the vast separation between PvE and PvP missions. or maybe there are just more PvE missions than PvP ones?

but does it really matter? Tech demo missions are a story now?

I wonder how many quests ESO beta or GW2 Beta had completed in their short time frame? Took SC 7 years for these numbers.

not bad for a vaporware game nobody can't play according to.. haters :)
    mmolouErillionKyleranAeander
    edited March 2020
    Edit: Was already beaten to it. Nevermind.

Post edited by NorseGod on

Ungood said:

What the article means is this is Alpha and already playable in its current state. SQ42 beta in few quarters and Prison + Theater of War added to SC anytime soon plus quarterly patch.

CIG is focusing on Squadron 42, then all assets will be injected in SC.
    There are already enough gameplay in SC to enjoy it. Of course those looking specifically for repair or salvage will have to wait a bit more. So what? Mining fully released and implemented is one of the best mining gameplay released in past or present games. As simple as that. The same will happen with salvaging and repair.
    mmolouKyleranMcSleaz
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Splattr said:

Even crazier is that with an estimated $267mil in revenue that equates to $133 per mission. And people complain about paying $60 for a complete game.

Or you could care to read ... like

"All data is from December 21st 2019 (Alpha 3,8 Release) - February 24th, 2020"

Have fun
  • Grendizer73Grendizer73 Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Too bad that the game itself is not yet finished...
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,507
    2 million missions and Zero progress in development.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

edited March 2020
    Mensur said:
    ***snip*** and Zero progress in development.

Which is as verifiably wrong as the first 30 times it has been claimed.

Have fun
    alkarionlogJoeBloberAeander
    Too bad that the game itself is not yet finished...

True.

However, playing the Star Citizen Alpha is still a lot of fun, especially with friends.
    For free, if you play it during Free Fly Events.

Have fun

alkarionlogJoeBlober
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2020
    Meanwhile ...  .. ..

Neo-Pets tops 2 Trillion log  in its life span ..

Yes both #s are insignifigant
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Albatroes said:

So much this.

The entire info graphic seems out of touch and ultimately totally unimportant or in any way relevant since, you know, the game isn't actually released...

Which makes it even more laughable and meme worthy since, like someone else, I did the math quick and at 200 million plus for the game it's really weird to point out just how little people have actually played compared to the funding.

I mean grats.

lol
    NorseGod

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

JoeBlober said:

Ungood said:

What the article means is this is Alpha and already playable in its current state. SQ42 beta in few quarters and Prison + Theater of War added to SC anytime soon plus quarterly patch.

CIG is focusing on Squadron 42, then all assets will be injected in SC.
    There are already enough gameplay in SC to enjoy it. Of course those looking specifically for repair or salvage will have to wait a bit more. So what? Mining fully released and implemented is one of the best mining gameplay released in past or present games. As simple as that. The same will happen with salvaging and repair.
    Games are "playable" when released,  aka,  core features in place, no more wipes and progression is retained, otherwise you are just doing unit testing,  which I consider largely pointless unless one enjoys such.

GdemamiScotOctagon7711

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Nilden said:
    Albatroes said:

So much this.

The entire info graphic seems out of touch and ultimately totally unimportant or in any way relevant since, you know, the game isn't actually released...

Which makes it even more laughable and meme worthy since, like someone else, I did the math quick and at 200 million plus for the game it's really weird to point out just how little people have actually played compared to the funding.

I mean grats.

lol
    Not really so surprising,  there is no real game yet, just a bunch of disconnected features to which there is no real point for players to spend much time on as no progession is retained. 

I've met a player who had run the same dungeon in WOW 77 times in order to get a complete set of gear, boggled my mind actually, and no, he didn't get the last piece that run either.  

Some folks ran one dungeon (Scholo?) hundreds of times trying to get a super rare undead horse drop.

Were these players doing this because they were "having fun?"  Hardly.  They were grinding it out, over and over and over again to get and retain the desired object.

So in it's current state, where are similar draws in SC? Right, it doesn't have any yet,  so like I said,  still is no game, not yet anyways.

Maybe someday.....2025 perhaps?
    Gdemami

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Ungood said:

Working tech demo.
    NorseGod

Mensur said:

2 million missions and Zero progress in development.

LOL... a year ahead of roadmap, 3.9 in couple week not counting quarterly patch since years, SQ42 beta in few quarters... yes, clearly Zero progress... :)
    alkarionlogUngoodCaffynatedAeander