Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chronicles of Elyria, it is finished.

Comments

• acajoomacajoom Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Found an interesting video:

Gdemami
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Scorchien said:
    LMAO, i told yas  when this was announced not to pay it any mind that it was insignifigant shit , Caspian  and his cronies never had a chance , Im just surprised so many fell into followed and wasted there energy on it ..

Haopefully we can put this one to rest now ..
    Rest ?

4 years of raging butthurt by the haters does not suddenly go away simply because they got what they wanted, no.. no.. no.. .. they still need their pound of flesh.

They are just starting now the internet Dirt Digging, the lawsuits, and the endless cries from the people that lost money, and the blame shifting.

Oh.. the drama from here on out, is going to glorious. get the popcorn, and a comfy chair, this is far from over.
    Iselinbcbully
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,166
    xD_Gaming said:
    Ungood said:
    Deveron said:
    Ungood said:
    Deveron said:
    botrytis said:
    If there was a lawsuit maybe we would actually get to see those legendary Gantt Charts.

If they Crowd Funded the game, nothing can be done based on the CF EULA. That is why CF is should not be used for major development. All the company has to say is we can't deliver the product and it is done.
    Per Kickstarter TOS they are obligated to deliver rewards. According to KS contract law applies. EULA’s, TOS etc usually don’t beat Consumer Protection Laws. The AG of Washington prominently proved that KS projects have to deliver or face fines. 
    PER KS TOS, you are not guaranteed the success of any product, even if it meets its funding goal.

The only requirement of KS Creator is they make a earnest effort and invest the money into the project. IE: They have to use the money for what they said they were going to use the money for.

They are still allowed to be incompetent imbeciles even if they have a good idea, in that vein, KS makes it very clear, that It is purely upon the donor to do their due diligence and not invest their money into a moron.
    That’s the backer part of their TOS. I’m talking about the campaign runners part. They are obligated to deliver the rewards when fully funded. 

Now, how enforceable that is, is another story. But there’s a couple of instances where things went in favor of backers and refunds, despite some TOS saying otherwise.

It always depends on how the underlying contracts are evaluated and which laws are applied. This, of course, can go both ways and usually backers get the end of the stick, simply because making your case is much more costly than your claims. 

Well, I am going to correct you on something, they are only required to deliver the rewards upon successful completion of the project. They can't expect otherwise, as that is simply not feasible to give a reward before the project is at least in a completed state.

To use an Example: A Company wants to make the Cooler of the Future, so they promise everyone that invest more than X amount of dollars will get their Bad Ass Cooler.

Obviously they need to make the Cooler first before they can give it away to their backers, Thus they receive the funding, are required to invest that funding into making the cooler, when they make the cooler, they are required to honor their agreement.

If they realize that short of divine intervention by God almighty they will never make this cooler happen but they already spent the money trying, they get to close the doors, and say "we fucked up, sorry"

The backers are SOL, as you can't get what was never made.

This is why Kickstarter makes sure that you realize they do not promise this project won't fail miserably. In fact, roughly 9% of all fully funded kickstarter project do in fact fail.

CoE will just be another pitiful statistic.

Unrelated to you in any way, but, with the above said, I really hope the haters are happy with themselves, after all, they endlessly mocked and pissed all over his work and progress undermining him and everyone that really wanted this to happen every chance they got.. I sincerely hope they are joyed that he finally closed the doors and walked away.

I find it pitiful that some deny their own involved and still seek to shift blame off themselves,, which is ironic, because they were the same people that fussed that JW should take the blame himself.

I mean really, if you want something to crash and burn and are going to be a douche about it, at least have the balls to break out the marshmallows when it finally happens.

dude, you are wrong on so many levels it seems like you got a chunk of the change ? 

1. forum posts effect nothing in development of a game
    2. developers don't spend houurs reading forum post everyday
    3. The "development staff" was at a college using free resources
    4. The deterioration of what the game was from it first "video"in graphics and animation.
    5. The emerging "photo stock" mock ups they they didnt even pay for. As a multimedia creator, when you buy stock photos, ther eis no water mark.
    6. the constant increasing of fundraising, as they seemed to have a time table on when they would shut down.

Your comments are so ignorant that I'm almosty 55.9 postitive you worked for them in some capicity much like Avery for nvd/i
    The perpetual cloud of negativity that surrounds some crowd funding games, and crowd funding in general, undoubtedly has some impact on ongoing investment. This in turn will have some impact on ongoing development. It isn't the developers reading the posts that matters, but some prospective investors having their interest dampened to the point they choose not to contribute.

I doubt such caused CoE to fail in itself, but it would certainly have been a contributing factor, especially as time went on. It wouldn't surprise me at all, though, if it was the major reason for some projects failing.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:
    LMAO, i told yas  when this was announced not to pay it any mind that it was insignifigant shit , Caspian  and his cronies never had a chance , Im just surprised so many fell into followed and wasted there energy on it ..

Rest ?

4 years of raging butthurt by the haters does not suddenly go away simply because they got what they wanted, no.. no.. no.. .. they still need their pound of flesh.

They are just starting now the internet Dirt Digging, the lawsuits, and the endless cries from the people that lost money, and the blame shifting.

Oh.. the drama from here on out, is going to glorious. get the popcorn, and a comfy chair, this is far from over.
    I don’t think anyone really wanted it to fail. They wanted to be proved wrong and they weren’t. Now they’re stuck with the reality and angry about it. It’s an unfortunate shit show.  
    Gdemami
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    xD_Gaming said:
    Ungood said:
    Deveron said:
    Ungood said:
    Deveron said:
    botrytis said:
    If there was a lawsuit maybe we would actually get to see those legendary Gantt Charts.

If they Crowd Funded the game, nothing can be done based on the CF EULA. That is why CF is should not be used for major development. All the company has to say is we can't deliver the product and it is done.
    Per Kickstarter TOS they are obligated to deliver rewards. According to KS contract law applies. EULA’s, TOS etc usually don’t beat Consumer Protection Laws. The AG of Washington prominently proved that KS projects have to deliver or face fines. 
    PER KS TOS, you are not guaranteed the success of any product, even if it meets its funding goal.

The only requirement of KS Creator is they make a earnest effort and invest the money into the project. IE: They have to use the money for what they said they were going to use the money for.

They are still allowed to be incompetent imbeciles even if they have a good idea, in that vein, KS makes it very clear, that It is purely upon the donor to do their due diligence and not invest their money into a moron.
    That’s the backer part of their TOS. I’m talking about the campaign runners part. They are obligated to deliver the rewards when fully funded. 

Now, how enforceable that is, is another story. But there’s a couple of instances where things went in favor of backers and refunds, despite some TOS saying otherwise.

It always depends on how the underlying contracts are evaluated and which laws are applied. This, of course, can go both ways and usually backers get the end of the stick, simply because making your case is much more costly than your claims. 

Well, I am going to correct you on something, they are only required to deliver the rewards upon successful completion of the project. They can't expect otherwise, as that is simply not feasible to give a reward before the project is at least in a completed state.

To use an Example: A Company wants to make the Cooler of the Future, so they promise everyone that invest more than X amount of dollars will get their Bad Ass Cooler.

Obviously they need to make the Cooler first before they can give it away to their backers, Thus they receive the funding, are required to invest that funding into making the cooler, when they make the cooler, they are required to honor their agreement.

If they realize that short of divine intervention by God almighty they will never make this cooler happen but they already spent the money trying, they get to close the doors, and say "we fucked up, sorry"

The backers are SOL, as you can't get what was never made.

This is why Kickstarter makes sure that you realize they do not promise this project won't fail miserably. In fact, roughly 9% of all fully funded kickstarter project do in fact fail.

CoE will just be another pitiful statistic.

Unrelated to you in any way, but, with the above said, I really hope the haters are happy with themselves, after all, they endlessly mocked and pissed all over his work and progress undermining him and everyone that really wanted this to happen every chance they got.. I sincerely hope they are joyed that he finally closed the doors and walked away.

I find it pitiful that some deny their own involved and still seek to shift blame off themselves,, which is ironic, because they were the same people that fussed that JW should take the blame himself.

I mean really, if you want something to crash and burn and are going to be a douche about it, at least have the balls to break out the marshmallows when it finally happens.

dude, you are wrong on so many levels it seems like you got a chunk of the change ? 

1. forum posts effect nothing in development of a game
    2. developers don't spend houurs reading forum post everyday
    3. The "development staff" was at a college using free resources
    4. The deterioration of what the game was from it first "video"in graphics and animation.
    5. The emerging "photo stock" mock ups they they didnt even pay for. As a multimedia creator, when you buy stock photos, ther eis no water mark.
    6. the constant increasing of fundraising, as they seemed to have a time table on when they would shut down.

Your comments are so ignorant that I'm almosty 55.9 postitive you worked for them in some capicity much like Avery for nvd/i
    The perpetual cloud of negativity that surrounds some crowd funding games, and crowd funding in general, undoubtedly has some impact on ongoing investment. This in turn will have some impact on ongoing development. It isn't the developers reading the posts that matters, but some prospective investors having their interest dampened to the point they choose not to contribute.

I doubt such caused CoE to fail in itself, but it would certainly have been a contributing factor, especially as time went on. It wouldn't surprise me at all, though, if it was the major reason for some projects failing.
    You're reading things backwards.  There's negativity surrounding crowdfunded MMOs because so many have failed to deliver as promised, if anything at all.  They didn't fail because of the negativity.  The failure came first.
    IselinRemali[Deleted User]GdemamiDakeruKyleranalkarionlogBeansnBread[Deleted User]
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2020
    Ungood said:
    Scorchien said:

Rest ?

I don't think you know what butthurt means.

The only ones with hurting butts are the fans who kept pouring money into this because they've never heard of sunk cost fallacies.

Say... wasn't your first appearance in these forums as a COE supporter who just came to bash on "haters"? How much did you lose?
    Gdemamialkarionlog
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2020
    acajoom said:
    Are their official forums down as well now ?
    If I go to https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum it redirects me back to the root.

Is it just me ?

They were shut earlier today with no notice.
    Actually not quite true, before shutting them down Caspian posted a reply to an irate moderator as to why he took both actions

Apparently he was being heavily badmouthed on Discord with information he felt wasn't true and quite hurtful. (Serp made some sort of audio recording)

After the Discord was closed some moderators remembered they still had forum priviledges and supposedly started deleting stuff like the recent SOE message and other content. 

Full explanation can be found over on reddit where someone managed to get screenshots of the full forum exchange before they went offline.

Better drama than even found on TNT.  :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/ChroniclesOfElyria/comments/frfobj/the_reason_as_to_why_discord_and_forum_were_taken/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

edited March 2020
    Iselin said:
    Say... wasn't your first appearance in these forums as a COE supporter who just came to bash on "haters"? How much did you lose?
    Well.. my first posts about CoE were mainly me saying  "read the shit you sign, before you sign it"

But I get if all someone wanted to blindly justify their hate and butthurt, and does not want to take any accountability for their actions, I can see how that can be taken as "Supporter" 

And I openly admit, I kinda walked into it  after it was already burning, and had a pretty solid WTF moment about that, as apparently it was so hot a topic for some that I have been accused of being at least one other person. Which was both sad and hilarious.

But, in regard to your question, about how much I lost? Well, I am smart enough to read what I sign before I sign it, and I am not dumb enough to buy a product that does not exist... so I haven't lost a cent or a minutes sleep over this.

Edit Added:

So.. how much did you lose?
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    Ungood, just to be clear and to voice what probably anyone you've encountered is thinking when they to attempt to establish a line of dialogue with you...

What the fuck are you even typing?
    Slapshot1188
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Well.. my first posts about CoE were mainly me saying  "read the shit you sign, before you sign it"

But I get if all someone wanted to blindly justify their hate and butthurt, and does not want to take any accountability for their actions, I can see how that can be taken as "Supporter" 

And I openly admit, I kinda walked into it  after it was already burning, and had a pretty solid WTF moment about that, as apparently it was so hot a topic for some that I have been accused of being at least one other person. Which was both sad and hilarious.

But, in regard to your question, about how much I lost? Well, I am smart enough to read what I sign before I sign it, and I am not dumb enough to buy a product that does not exist... so I haven't lost a cent or a minutes sleep over this.

Edit Added:

Not a cent. I don't do crowdfunding, I just comment on what goes on in my hobby. Some on the good but also on the dumb shit and scams. That makes me a "hater" to the COE fanboys.
    GdemamiSlapshot1188Ungood
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    acajoomKyleranIselin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    $8 million dollars and they put out a parkour demo, then close shop.  Where did that money go?  Into whose pockets?  We can only guess.  But someone got very rich off of this.

And this, folks, is why we shouldn't crowdfund MMORPGs, or in my opinion, anything at all.
    I still crowdfund, however, I have a set of rules for crowdfunding that I follow and so far I haven't been let down since.

1. The person has to have delivered a product, in a similar situation, before.  Not just through crowdfunding, but delivered something on time of a similar nature to either a company or through commission.
    2. The project will be delivered in three months or less.  Not four, not five, not six.  If you can deliver in three months, then I'll consider it.
    3. No video games whatsoever, under any circumstances even if they meet the above two conditions.

With that in mind, I have funded three comic books, several works of art, lots of role playing and Warhammer 40k accessories and even a book that a friend of mine was writing while out of work.
  • PDFSPDFS Member UncommonPosts: 13
    In the swamp of crowdfunding, this particular project seems criminal to me. Crowfall, Camelot Unchained, Ashes of Creation, even fucking Star Citizen let me smash my distended sausages into the keyboard to create interactions onscreen. Maybe there is disappointment, maybe they aren't what I envisioned, maybe they plain suck. But they are tangible products, that people can virtually touch and hold. They took the money and something, somewhere came of it.

Has CoE ever at any point been, publicly or for the price of bus fare, a playable thing? Has there ever been a pre-alpha test? Any concrete example of code being wrought for a purpose? Not counting the parkour demo, of course.
    Gdemami
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:

Edit Added:

Not a cent. I don't do crowdfunding, I just comment on what goes on in my hobby. Some on the good but also on the dumb shit and scams. That makes me a "hater" to the COE fanboys.
    So you come in and piss on people, insulting them for how they spend money, and that does not make you a pool shitting hater, but I try to warn people about reading what they sign before they sign it, and that makes me a fanboi.

Thanks for giving me insight into what passes as logic for you.. that has been insightful. 
    Iselin

edited March 2020
    OrangeBoy said:
    Ungood, just to be clear and to voice what probably anyone you've encountered is thinking when they to attempt to establish a line of dialogue with you...

What the fuck are you even typing?
    I ask myself that every time I see you post.. Don't get too excited you have high juice pressure and I would hate for you to blow a rind and pop a seedling on the forums.
    bcbully

Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:

Edit Added:

So you come in and piss on people, insulting them for how they spend money, and that does not make you a pool shitting hater, but I try to warn people about reading what they sign before they sign it, and that makes me a fanboi.

Thanks for giving me insight into what passes as logic for you.. that has been insightful. 
    I don't give a shit how people spend their money if they just shut the fuck up about it. But when they come into forums like this trying to influence others to buy the same crap they did they deserve to be called on their bullshit.

You don't get that enablers are part of the problem and that includes people like you and MMO news sites that paint a rosy picture of everything - even the dumbest and scammiest of projects.

When everything is good nothing is good. It's a simple concept really.
    KyleranGdemamiSlapshot1188UngoodalkarionlogMendelDeveronDakeru

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• acajoomacajoom Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Take it easy... don't be mad.. everything will be alright I promise.
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:

Edit Added:

I don't give a shit how people spend their money if they just shut the fuck up about it. But when they come into forums like this trying to influence others to buy the same crap they did they deserve to be called on their bullshit.

You don't get that enablers are part of the problem and that includes people like you and MMO news sites that paint a rosy picture of everything - even the dumbest and scammiest of projects.

LOL, of course you care how other people spend their money, hance all your rage posts about hating F2P games and cash shops.

Maybe if you actually did what you said did, and not worry about how other people spend your money, you would be happier.
    Iselin

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:

Edit Added:

LOL, of course you care how other people spend their money, hance all your rage posts about hating F2P games and cash shops.

Maybe if you actually did what you said did, and not worry about how other people spend your money, you would be happier.

well everyone told you so it would more then likely a scam, you didn't bleive and supported the scam, your fault, take it like a men and move on, or keep crying saying people are mean to you don't care anyway, just keep the drama comming its fun

now for the next, what will be the next one to close doors? i'm betting it will be a space sim, any takers?
    Gdemami
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    edited March 2020
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:

Edit Added:

Well sure, people spending their money of F2P crap (what an oxymoron btw) impacts the way games are designed and monetized so of course it impacts my enjoyment, sort of like all the arses buying up all the toilet paper in my area making it impossible for me to buy any.

Bastards all!   :#

Gdemami

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:

Edit Added:

Well sure, people spending their money of F2P crap (what an oxymoron btw) impacts the way games are designed and monetized so of course it impacts my enjoyment, sort of like all the arses buying up all the toilet paper in my area making it impossible for me to buy any.

OMG, I horded all the TP and my ass is so clean right now!  ;)
    Kyleran
    edited March 2020
    Kyleran said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:
    Ungood said:
    Iselin said:

Edit Added:

OMG, I horded all the TP and my ass is so clean right now!  ;)
    Just got back from a shopping run where I managed to score a 12 = 48 pack of TP after my wife noticed another shopper with a pack.

They rolled out a pallet of paper towels later which again I discovered when another shopper had some, so got us a 6 =12 of Bounty.  Whoo hoo!

I'm sure that woman I hip checked getting to them will recover fairly quickly. 

;) 

MightyUncleanAnOldFartGiarclen

Gdemami

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• rpmcmurphyrpmcmurphy Member EpicPosts: 3,502
    Looks like Gdmeme is still in denial...
    He gets some details wrong but a lot right:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfiibVaEMeY
    Gdemami