Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Searching for new MMORPG!! HELP!!!!!¨¨¨¨

Janeiro93Janeiro93 Member UncommonPosts: 7
So, i'm searching for a new MMORPG to play, but it isn't an easy task.  Doesn't matter if it's free, Subscription based, or Buy 1 time.
I look for something like this:

- Good Combat System (Non Targeting thing like, More like Tera and GW2 Style)
- Good Group Content (Dungeons, Raids, lvling in Party for more Exp)
- Rare Loot Drops (Like You need a lil grind to get some things. Bosses with rare drops like armor, weapons, mounts like that)
- Fast Paced (I usually fall asleep when a game is too slow LOL)
- Populated (A must!)
- Nice Graphics
- Not many skills (Skill bar like GW2, hate having that 100 skill bar like)

So, that's all. Now what games i've already played, maxed out at least 2 Characters:

- WoW; - Got bored, feel the games doesn't keep up with the new combat systems, maybe it's just me.
- GW2; - Already have 5 Characters, close to 300 masteries points. Guess it says all.
- Tera; - Absolutely loved it. Only problem, no player base.
- BDO; - Still play it sometimes. Nice Solo-MMORPG. But that's all.

And now, what am i playing, get ready:

- Digimon Masters Online

That game, is hooking me so much. You need to grind your a## to level up your digimons, and your tamer (your character), after, you need to run dungeons and raids to get items for you and your digimon. You keep farming, and raiding. Lot's of group contente, there aren't many players but all maps are small, so it feels like it is so crowded.

The problem is, it is heavily based on Cash-Shop items, the support is horrible, and it is full of Bots Solo farming. So, i'm into-out-it-ish.

Thank You for Your help.

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Seems ESO would be a good fit ..
    Sovrath
  • ForeverdreamForeverdream Member UncommonPosts: 141
    i know you said population is a must but the one thing that meets your criteria is age of conan. 

Plenty of content, THE BEST pve content ( no other game comes close)

Only thing it lacks is pop but that cant be fixxed if more people dont play!
    Scorchien
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,990
    edited March 2020
    Welcome to the new world of MMO's, each release is so good we all have to play it and then abandon it after a couple of months. What happens when you design new MMO's like they were solo player games and redesign old MMO's to make them like solo player games? People only play them for a couple of months and move on, just like they do all the other solo player games.
    Gdemami
  • Janeiro93Janeiro93 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I've made some research and i found out a game called New World, by Amazon. Could that be a good one? It's not out, but it seems it fits all.
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Janeiro93 said:
    I've made some research and i found out a game called New World, by Amazon. Could that be a good one? It's not out, but it seems it fits all.
     5 of your criteria can’t be determined before launch  

how do you know it will have good combat, good group mechanics, rare loot drops, be populated, and have not many skills? Speculation. 
    Janeiro93Octagon7711
    Janeiro93 said:
     5 of your criteria can’t be determined before launch  

how do you know it will have good combat, good group mechanics, rare loot drops, be populated, and have not many skills? Speculation. 
     Just said it, based on the video leaks i found on internet. But you are right, better wait and see. Off with MMORPG for the moment it seems.
  • TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    BDO basically, except for the crap Group PvE.
    If Kakao wakes the fuck up and tells Pearl Abyss to create real dungeons and raids with the trinity mechanics, this game could be the next WoW.

But I guess they are making enough money which prevent them to to think on how to make even more money.

Ditch the zerg PvE, introduce the traditional western PvE.
    Easy money.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    At this moment I would suggest Elder Scrolls Online. It has limited skills you use at the same time. Graphics are really good. Grouping is awesome and one of the best PvP games out at the moment. High end PvE is awesome when the game is working. They are trying to work out some performances issues. As far as content, you have 6 years worth to get through. I have been playing for 9 months and have only scratched the surface. Love the dungeons. Play any class and you can play any role you want. So play style is 100% in the players hands. You can play the game for free so it's a risk free try to see if it fits you. Once you get past the 4 opening zones for your faction is only when subbing become your best option. As far as combat, that's personal and can only be judge by playing. 
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    DMKano said:
    OP what your are looking for doesnt exist.

You said - populated (a must), fast paced, nice graphics, not many skills, non tab combat 

BDO fits in the above  (ESO doesn't, WoW deosnt, FFXI doesnt)

But then you also want

Good group content (bdo doesnt have this, others do)

Bottom line - game you want doesnt exist 

Elder Scrolls online isn't fast pace with few skills per bar? It isn't populated?

I think you're wrong on that count.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

You said - populated (a must), fast paced, nice graphics, not many skills, non tab combat 

But then you also want

Elder Scrolls online isn't fast pace with few skills per bar? It isn't populated?

It’s effectively tab targeting. 
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
     Never gonna get everything ya want. No game ever will. I have learned to compromise after spending 20 trying to find a game that can replace my first MMO love. 
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Best to stick with GW2.  You didn't mention ESO or SWTOR which come close and aren't ghost towns.  I'm actually enjoying Breakpoints free weekend and might pick it up. 

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    edited March 2020

Isn't it like Guild Wars 2 in that way? A game where he has numerous characters
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Try out Neverwinter 
  • RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    edited March 2020
    I also think eso comes closer to what you want but if can do without dungeons you should definetly give bdo a try
    nvm I see you ve tried it
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    edited March 2020
    Have you tried Gloria Victis?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The only thing people have seen with New World is marketing.
    If you need to play something newish then wait and see New World when it is released,don't get caught up in noob hype because that is how crappy games make lot's of money,people buying games on a whim.
    I personally think TNW will be crap but whatever,it's not out yet.

IMO go play EQ2,it's free and you'll experience the same thing everything else is offering.I mentioned FFXi because it is very noob friendly,you can make your own party with npc's so you can actually do content.There is a trial and there is google/search to figure out the best visual settings.

If OP is like the typical modern gamer,wants to go around clicking npc's with markers and a vast open world then yeah your very best option is EQ2.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited March 2020
    Wizardry said:
    The only thing people have seen with New World is marketing.
    If you need to play something newish then wait and see New World when it is released,don't get caught up in noob hype because that is how crappy games make lot's of money,people buying games on a whim.
    I personally think TNW will be crap but whatever,it's not out yet.

IMO go play EQ2,it's free and you'll experience the same thing everything else is offering.I mentioned FFXi because it is very noob friendly,you can make your own party with npc's so you can actually do content.There is a trial and there is google/search to figure out the best visual settings.

If OP is like the typical modern gamer,wants to go around clicking npc's with markers and a vast open world then yeah your very best option is EQ2.

I do have to admit, EQ2 is still holding it's own surprisingly better than I gave it credit a few months back. 

I found if you sub you get what is needed to drop the cash shop and avoid the nickle-and- dime appearance most are going for.  

Even with modern updates it could have a lot of original bugs that the game was always famous for, most are petty and bearable...... But still VARY APPARENT.  

The TLS or what ever it is called several months back made the game popular enough to group easily by simply standing in or out of the dungeons. 

This game has a challenge to it and that's one of my big complaints.  I learned something last time around that was HUGE,  Take on food and dring as crafting. Food is very important for your strength more so than any other game, and that seems a nice little added up keep feature.

The only reasion I stopped is because around level 18-20 I ran out of quest. I could have asked, I could have asked in Guild....... I think I was simply not in the mood to continue from game burn out, my fault.

But Yes,
    Wiz is right..... It is a very good game and is on my mind too.  
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    Sovrath said:

Isn't it like Guild Wars 2 in that way? A game where he has numerous characters

Not exactly.

You can tab-target in GW2, and for just about everything I must personally do so to hit targets with any degree of consistency, though that may be a personal issue.

So far as I can know, there is no way to directly tab-target in ESO, but the game seems to have some kind of softlock as sometimes when I'm moving while attacking the game behaves as though such is the case.

Combat is quite different between the two games.

I find ESO combat plenty active enough. One can light and heavy attack, block, and interrupt pretty much at will. Dodging drains stamina, so can only be done when that resource permits.

On top of that, by the time your second ability bar opens up at level 15, you have 5 basic abilities on each and one ultimate on each (that must be charged up to use). Each bar is also associated with one of two weapon configurations which can differ on the front and back. These bars can be swapped between on demand.

It adds up to quite active feeling combat, even with effective tab-target elements.
    Octagon7711
  • KnightFalzKnightFalz Member EpicPosts: 4,172
    DMKano said:
    Sovrath said:
    DMKano said:

But then you also want

Also not even remotely to fast paced.

It's plenty fast paced compared to many MMORPGs I've played. Both I and my foes can act more quickly. Mobility comes into play more frequently. NPC group tactics change combat more dynamically. I must focus on environmental and situational awareness more keenly, due to the increased need for mobility and dynamic combat.

I find it pretty engaging compared to the combat in many games.
    I'll give ESO a try tomorrow, since it will be free for a limited-time. Nothing else is taking my attention to it. 
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 915
    HA ! I have been posted similar like this..forget it..mmorpg is dead..there are litterly no more mmorpg games..just wait for Cyber punk..that is all you can do
    delete5230Gdemami

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    only game who fits on the op request is blade and soul, or he could wait for the new games who was supose to launch till end of april.

btw gw2 is tab targeting, you could ignore, but the essense is tab targeting, also aion had more action then tera
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    edited April 2020
    "I found if you sub you get what is needed to drop the cash shop and avoid the nickle-and- dime appearance most are going for. "

Right they get the $15 bucks up front so they dont have to nickle and dime......

Gdemami
    Ok, tried ESO, almost died from boredom!!! What in the hell. The combat system is so weird, guess it is only for specific persons. If you like reading endless texts, and doing "delivery boy" quests without end, it will fit you.

Guess i will stick to BDO, until something comes out. Or just give WoW another try. So sad mmorpgs are like this nowaday. Or maybe it is just me, i like more action-packed games, fast paced, maybe just stay with my arpgs, since there are very good out there.