Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open invitation to return

KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
So in typical fashion Caspian shut down the COE Discord after saying he "had" to  remove the moderators, guess he needed some reason to pull the plug.

Just as with Tuesdays closure notice, he made his move at 11:00PM, PST, like a thief in the night, guess he's still role playing.

He promised to post an explanation to the fans on the COE forums "soon" but very likely they will suffer the same fate afterwards.

So I posted an open invite for the backers to come here as a single place they can all meet or rage together. 

I realize some will see this as an opportunity to gloat, well deserved perhaps, but let's not be too hard on them,  most of us have backed a KSer or two which hasn't really turned out so well.

In the end we are all just looking for a new, fun MMORPG to play, better to welcome rather than berate.

Besides, @gdemami is back, good times and LOLs for all ahead, amiright?

B) 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Gdemami

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    edited March 2020
    It’s always good to have more people with differing opinions around.  We make the content here after all.

PS- that lawsuit Discord is crazy. Over 1000 really pissed off people. Some of the stuff they are revealing is eye opening.  I can’t believe they knew this stuff beforehand and kept supporting the guy right up until he shut down,
    Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    GdemamiKyleranAnOldFartMendel

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well i am just not sure there is any reason to further discuss a non game,an idea that has now passed.

I figured the whole thing out about the second week he was pitching the idea on us.Sad that it took me longer than normal but i had to remain interested until i saw something that said ..ok bye.

Sadly this is the entire industry right now,tons and tons of deception and just really bad game design.

Battle Royales,ARPG's,tons of TCG's and NONE of them really putting much effort at all into their games.Further more most games now a days are coined as f2p but they are anything but free making millions of dollars for trashy games.

It is because there is all that money floating around that we keep seeing all these crowd funded game ideas popping up.

IDC if any of these games turn out,people are still idiots for giving money to someone they don't even know to make a video game.If people just want to discuss a game and go over ideas,great ,no problem there but don't give ANY of these upstart...makeshift operations any money.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    I never backed it, it's too little money trying to do too much running into the same wall almost all the crowdfunded MMOs had. Even AoC is on the same lines but luckier with securing investment.

Worry on the nearest future is for Camelot Unchained.  Also for Dual Universe in the coming times but is on a decent standing right now.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    It’s always good to have more people with differing opinions around.  We make the content here after all.

PS- that lawsuit Discord is crazy. Over 1000 really pissed off people. Some of the stuff they are revealing is eye opening.  I can’t believe they knew this stuff beforehand and kept supporting the guy right up until he shut down,
    Is there a link to the lawsuit Discord somewhere?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mrneurosismrneurosis Member UncommonPosts: 314
    I never had any trust in crowdfunding MMOS. This just proves it again that i made the right choice but not funding any of these MMOS. 8 million dollars of people down the drain. 
  • TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    You guys should take a look at the forums. Caspian is truly an smart dude when he removes the mods from discord but doesn't remove them from the forums. To where they can just troll him, while making threads and sticky them. 

The only really bad thing from all this is so many people will never touch another KS again. Most likely myself included in that. While I have backed two others that are somewhat going somewhere, if not slowly. It just burnt so many people. Caspian has done way more damage to any future companies.
    AnOldFartGdemami
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Torrsk said:
    You guys should take a look at the forums. Caspian is truly an smart dude when he removes the mods from discord but doesn't remove them from the forums. To where they can just troll him, while making threads and sticky them. 

The only really bad thing from all this is so many people will never touch another KS again. Most likely myself included in that. While I have backed two others that are somewhat going somewhere, if not slowly. It just burnt so many people. Caspian has done way more damage to any future companies.
    Caspian has done a service to future companies. Every project with unrealistic aims and budget that fails is a reality check that drives customers to accept what professionals are delivering and their price.
    Gdemami

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    This game was always a scam, in the real sense of the term.

In 5+ years they didn't write a single line of code.

The only playable thing they showed was an Unreal Engine Mod purchaseable from the community market for few bucks.

There is zero evidence those $8 Millions were used to create the game.

I hope the backers will sue Casper into oblivion.
    Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,984
    TEKK3N said:
    This game was always a scam, in the real sense of the term.

In 5+ years they didn't write a single line of code.

The only playable thing they showed was an Unreal Engine Mod purchaseable from the community market for few bucks.

There is zero evidence those $8 Millions were used to create the game.

I hope the backers will sue Casper into oblivion.
    Oh they are trying, but I doubt there is much too recover unless they go after personal assets.   Many of them also share the responsibility though.  They were willing stooges in spreading the "Gospel of Elyria" (Caspien's words) and luring in more people to spend more money despite plain evidence that shit was shady.

Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018