Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In the last 5 years

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
The game i spend most time in is ?

Mine is Guild Wars 2
(others are WoW, ESO and LOTRO, but not nearly as much as on GW2)

So what was your most played game in the past 5 years?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Mount & Blade Warband and mods, multiplayer
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    World of Warcraft and Guild Wars 2. 

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    5 years?

So.. since 2015... Alright, Would say a solid Split between Warhammer 40K Eternal Crusade, DDO, Trove, and GW2.

While I have played other games as well, those 4 I think took the most of my time and in about even amounts.

And I enjoyed playing each of them in their own way unique way.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001
    Skyrim
    Narug[Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Mameat
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     For 23 years going now .... its still UO
    SovrathLord.BachusScotPalebane
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Civ V
    NarugPalebane
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2020
    2015-2016, 100% and only EVE, 2017-2018, DAOC freeshards, FONV, FO4, 2019-present, POE & FO76 are neck and neck with 6 months, 76 going to pull ahead with Wastelanders release coming next month.
    Palebane

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    For that time period it's not even close.  Overwatch is my most played game of the past five years by leaps and bounds.

I used to come home from work and let off some steam by launching into a few matches.  Go help with dinner, do my MBA classwork, refresh my Korean on Duolingo and other things around the house and then spend the last couple hours before bed playing more matches.

That was my routine for probably more than a year.

Then they started the trend, after Orissa, of introducing new characters what were purposefully insanely overpowered to keep people coming back.

Doomfist was such a broken level of overpowered that he easily and often soloed matches.  If you had a good Doomfist, then you could sit on the cart, never fire your weapon or heal and still win.  If they had a good one and you didn't, then you probably wouldn't make it to the cart.

Then Moira.  Oh good lord, I was an expert Moira.  I played ONLY her in ranked from her launch date until I quit the game.  Pretty much every match, all the time.  I'm middling to decent on other heroes, but I could have taught courses on how to carry with Moira.

She was so ridiculously powerful.  She played to all of my strengths and allowed me to indulge my weaknesses like extending too far, which I have a bad habit of doing, because she could simply turn into a ghost and run back to her lines.  I made Genji player's lives a living hell with her.  Most Geni's simply swapped characters after our first meeting.

Then Brigitte and then Wrecking ball... each one more powerful than the last.

They also got into this habit where they had no idea what special abilities and powers to give new hero's or how to rework old ones, so it was like an episode of Oprah from Orissa on.  "YOU GET A SHIELD, AND YOU GET A SHIELD AND YOU GET A SHIELD.  EVERYYYYYBODY GETS A SHIELD!!" 

Because every character in the game started to get shields even freakin Symmetra for some odd reason I could not figure out.   Except the head designer had a stroke and the only word he could say anymore when someone said, "What should we do with this character's ability?" 

"Shield."

"I'm sorry, but half our characters already have shields, isn't that a bit ridiculous?"

"SHIELD!"

Eventually though, I just got tired of OW and walked away completely in a way that doesn't allow me to go back, and I don't miss it.
    UngoodPalebane
  • CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Path of exile, just lost my lvl 90 character, was on the phone and distracted .. . Love HC though.

Next is may he starcraft 2 only in last year or Civ 5 or project entropia
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    edited March 2020
    Most played game in the last 5 years...

XCom 2: War of the Chosen. Easily.
    Kyleran

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    If you mean MMORPG then it would be P99. If not some ARPG like Path of Exile. That is where I spent most of my time. I spent a ludicrous amount of time on Path of Exile.
    Kyleran

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Last five years would be ESO, for about two of those years.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2020
    AlBQuirky said:
    Most played game in the last 5 years...

XCom 2: War of the Chosen. Easily.
    Hrrm,  have had that title in my Steam Library,  bought it a few years ago but never broke the seal as XCOM 1 was pretty fun, but didn't grab me so much that I wanted to roll forward into the next one.

Have to give it go.
    Post edited by Kyleran on
    PalebaneAlBQuirky

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Tough one, I don't meausre my game time... it's a safe guess on the top are my main games.

It's clearly MMORPG since I mostly play those. I have my fair share of Vice City and VtM: Bloodlines annual re-plays, among a few others, but none of those could've accumulated enough time to compete with the "big league"... :)

Last five years, 2015 and after, for TSW that means only a short run before its death, so that's out.
    Also the year when CO received the Onslaught update, from around that time it started to take over STO's place on my main game rotation, so that's out as well...

Since I'm a hopper, to avoid burnout and to balance the played time, I believe I can't narrow down the answer more: last 5 years, most played games, LotRO, AoC and CO.
    Narug
  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756
    edited March 2020
    Besides the Dragon Age series, Sword Coast Legends, Dungeon Siege III, Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, Neverwinter Nights 2

I've played some small spouts (month here month there) of WoW, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Everquest 2, & Neverwinter 

Edit:  Oh yeah & Asherons Call 2 before it died it's second & final death.

But mostly this

Sovrath said:
    Skyrim
    The Single Player Game that gives me the closest feeling I can get to a MOG when I can't play them due to time constraints

Plus I mean a sound track where you're the boss MOB the dragons have to face.  We're, the Dovahkiin - Dragonborn, the one the dov fear. (dragon)

Is there another game that does that?

Plus the lore gets deep:

(When I'm too exhausted it's fun watching the Shoddycast series & others)

Post edited by Narug on
    Sovrath[Deleted User]

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Probably a tie between ESO and Destiny2.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    edited March 2020
    H0urg1ass said:
    For that time period it's not even close.  Overwatch is my most played game of the past five years by leaps and bounds.

Eventually though, I just got tired of OW and walked away completely in a way that doesn't allow me to go back, and I don't miss it.
    I still play a few matches here and there, but only the arcade modes. Once they established role-lock, quickplay and ranked became nearly unplayable for me as a flex player. Much too structured and repetitive for me. I honestly prefer the chaos of the original No Limits quickplay they had at launch. Its still my all-time favorite arcade mode. Zenyatta and Reinhardt are my favorite heroes to play as. How are you unable to go back? Did they ban your IP address or what? Your post has given me an urge.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• TEKK3NTEKK3N Member RarePosts: 1,115
    BDO
    Skyrim/Fallout
    Europa Universalis 4
    Civilization 5
    Warframe
    PoE

I like to delve into different types of games, but I usually stick with one or two for each genre.
  • napelnejnapelnej Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Mmorpg.com
    UngoodAlBQuirkyPalebane
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Age of Wushu
    ESO
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    bcbully said:
    Age of Wushu