Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC Alpha One Gameplay Preview

GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
edited March 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
A quick clip compilation of gameplay from Alpha1.

Looks alright. 

Post edited by Groqstrong on

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Lose the immersion breaking stuff and looks better yet.Why is there words jumping on the screen to every action.
    Also is THE gimmick ,to become mayor of an area?Aside from killing stuff,what are the layers to the game.I see some kind of housing build ,is that the actual house or just a  static model with no insides?
    Way too many unanswered ideas,this is why when devs make these videos they need to be informative and not just..here watch me play,watch me build,watch me become mayor.

Being the developer you can use commands to do whatever you want,how do players arrive at these points in the game?
    I wouldn't jump at this game based on that video,it showed me some stuff but really told me nothing.
    delete5230

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GroqstrongGroqstrong Member RarePosts: 815
    Wizardry said:
    Lose the immersion breaking stuff and looks better yet.Why is there words jumping on the screen to every action.
    Also is THE gimmick ,to become mayor of an area?Aside from killing stuff,what are the layers to the game.I see some kind of housing build ,is that the actual house or just a  static model with no insides?
    Way too many unanswered ideas,this is why when devs make these videos they need to be informative and not just..here watch me play,watch me build,watch me become mayor.

Being the developer you can use commands to do whatever you want,how do players arrive at these points in the game?
    I wouldn't jump at this game based on that video,it showed me some stuff but really told me nothing.
    To be fair this video is just a snippet of the gameplay.  The full video is over an hour long with commentary.
  • ErevusErevus Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Well imo late 2021.

Looks good tho for Alpha 1.
    "Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know, that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom. (Death)”
    ― Terry Pratchett,

• RemaliRemali Member RarePosts: 914
    finally after dropping the br bullshit some progress
  • ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Carriage: “blocked”
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    edited March 2020
    Wizardry said:

Very well worded :)

I'm also full of unanswered questions of dynamics. 

It seems cost in making an mmorpg now days are blasted back to the stone age, let alone a huge dynamic system being set in place that runs in the background. If they can somehow pull this off...... It would have to be a video game miracle with cost. 

We should be their for tech, but given the level of greed that had been instilled in development, seems no choice but to regress back to the late 1990s. 

This game will be a bug filled mess. Nothing at all will work right guaranteed !    Close to un playable.