Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuck this day

GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,542
edited March 22 in General Gaming
Cold, northern winds, Corona and a good shock(5.5 Richter Earthquake). And all I wanted is to play some Total Warhammer. I actually wanted to enjoy some Wurrzag, but no! Clang, bang, fuck off to hell! Sneaky bastard waking me up like that! I hate Earthquakes.

Fuck! :)
Tokken

Comments

• XodicXodic Member EpicPosts: 1,125
    edited March 22
    Why do you *live on a fault line in the cold north if you hate it so much?
    Post edited by Xodic on
    NorseGod
  • GorweGorwe Member EpicPosts: 6,542
    edited March 22
    Asheram said:
    How long was it? Still, sounds like a shit nugget especially aimed at ruining 4th of July, can't even imagine 7+ Richter(neither do I want to if you'd excuse me). Must've been a scare and a half!
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,156
    He said cold, northern winds, not cold north... most of Central Europe has just dropped about 15-20 degrees Celsius in mere days, "thanks" to a jet stream from north.
    The mentioned earthquake was probably the two 5+ magnitude quakes of today, in Croatia.

Luckily quakes are fairly rare in Europe, but the area around the Adriatic sea is a bit of an exception. (that's one of the bumper areas with Africa's plate)
    Gorwe
    Po_gg said:
    He said cold, northern winds, not cold north... most of Central Europe has just dropped about 15-20 degrees Celsius in mere days, "thanks" to a jet stream from north.
    The mentioned earthquake was probably the two 5+ magnitude quakes of today, in Croatia.

Luckily quakes are fairly rare in Europe, but the area around the Adriatic sea is a bit of an exception. (that's one of the bumper areas with Africa's plate)
    I guess it'd be obvious. Though we haven't had any quakes of note for some 20 years(even then, some 4 Richters or meaningless crap like that). And now this, fuck that. It don't compare to Cali, but the scare is the same. One can't even sleep in his car due to this crappy weather.

Fuck quakes.
    Asheram
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,030
    Not many earthquakes where I live. We face other demons. But they certainly sound scary.

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 28,266
    edited March 23
    We've actually had a few earth quakes in the Boston area since I've been here. Had never felt one before and suddenly the house started to rock and my stomach got queasy. It then stopped, and the roommates in the living room were all looking at me asking wtf was that?

Then suddenly another roommate ran out of his room and screamed "was that an earthquake?"

Oddest thing.

Also I thought the title of this thread was some sort of Metal Song when I first saw it. Should be if it isn't.
    Cosmoguard

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member EpicPosts: 2,175
    I grew up in California. Earthquakes are just another Monday.
    GorweAsheram

MMORPG.COM took away my swinging cheerleader butt .gif.

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    I lived in Seaside California for two years, only felt a couple of earthquakes and they were both small.  Made the hanging blinds in the living room start swaying and I felt like I was standing on the deck of a ship for a couple of minutes.

Where I live now, basically on top of a mountain, the fun thing I get to deal with is ridiculously high winds in winter.  The kind of winds that blow pieces of your house off.  It's so weird.

But honestly though, how did a little quake keep you from playing Warhammer?  Did you lose power?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,512
    Gorwe said:
    Cold, northern winds, Corona and a good shock(5.5 Richter Earthquake). And all I wanted is to play some Total Warhammer. I actually wanted to enjoy some Wurrzag, but no! Clang, bang, fuck off to hell! Sneaky bastard waking me up like that! I hate Earthquakes.

Fuck! :)
    Pfftt 5.5 that's all?

Put that sucker in this sites hardware review and it's an auto 9.5 !!

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited March 23
    H0urg1ass said:
    I lived in Seaside California for two years, only felt a couple of earthquakes and they were both small.  Made the hanging blinds in the living room start swaying and I felt like I was standing on the deck of a ship for a couple of minutes.

Where I live now, basically on top of a mountain, the fun thing I get to deal with is ridiculously high winds in winter.  The kind of winds that blow pieces of your house off.  It's so weird.

But honestly though, how did a little quake keep you from playing Warhammer?  Did you lose power?

T-com's server room caught fire. Didn't want to lose any achievments. Besides, I didn't feel like it, odd as it might sound. You just know something's wrong when: a) I start actually talking about my feelings(as opposed to just expressing them like I usually do) and b) I forsake Warhammer due to some weird fears.

I mean, data and logic(god bless them) suggest that there can only be smaller ones from now on, but there's that primal part, you know. And some sick people spreading panic for some odd reason.

Edit: With that said, yes I do understand it's a war game, but...I feel disappointed by the state of Azyr in Total Warhammer. It's entirely too offensive, in fact - it's more offensive than Aqshy(lol). There are just certain large elements of Azyr which are left simply vacant, not in the game.
    Post edited by Gorwe on
    H0urg1ass
    Gorwe said:
    H0urg1ass said:

T-com's server room caught fire. Didn't want to lose any achievments. Besides, I didn't feel like it, odd as it might sound. You just know something's wrong when: a) I start actually talking about my feelings(as opposed to just expressing them like I usually do) and b) I forsake Warhammer due to some weird fears.

I mean, data and logic(god bless them) suggest that there can only be smaller ones from now on, but there's that primal part, you know. And some sick people spreading panic for some odd reason.

Edit: With that said, yes I do understand it's a war game, but...I feel disappointed by the state of Azyr in Total Warhammer. It's entirely too offensive, in fact - it's more offensive than Aqshy(lol). There are just certain large elements of Azyr which are left simply vacant, not in the game.
    I played two lizardmen campaigns in a row.  I like them that much.  I found Lore of Heavens to be perfectly adequate in game.

Then I played Empire and discovered lore of Shadows and now I wish Lizardmen had that lore too.

Personally, I play Steam offline more than online (not really due to preference, but location).  Unless they're paying me for achievements, then the only achievement I care about is having fun.
  • AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 4,171
    Gorwe said:
    Asheram said:
    How long was it? Still, sounds like a shit nugget especially aimed at ruining 4th of July, can't even imagine 7+ Richter(neither do I want to if you'd excuse me). Must've been a scare and a half!
    Well the center of it was in the desert ne of Bakersfield and I live in North San Diego county and felt tremors all the way down here but didn't last long for what i remember and was about the same feeling as hourglass's experience maybe a bit more shaking.
    H0urg1ass said:
    Gorwe said:
    H0urg1ass said:

I played two lizardmen campaigns in a row.  I like them that much.  I found Lore of Heavens to be perfectly adequate in game.

Then I played Empire and discovered lore of Shadows and now I wish Lizardmen had that lore too.

Personally, I play Steam offline more than online (not really due to preference, but location).  Unless they're paying me for achievements, then the only achievement I care about is having fun.
    I still have to try 2. There are loads of unique playstyles, but I find Bretonnia, Vampires, Norscans and Savage Orcs the most fun. Almost like I like charging headlong, huh? Empire's easily the biggest disappointment.
    H0urg1ass
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 2,443
    edited March 23
    3 Years ago, in the summer, there was like .. lots of earth-quakes in the center of Italy. I remember at some point, my sister came to me, scared, while I was sleeping and ..somehow screamed : Wake up!! Is earth-quake!! 

I was sooo used with them that I was like "..ok! it will pass" and I felt asleep in ..seconds! :D 

I think I felt around 10+ earth-quakes that summer, with the biggest around 6 or so. 

So yeah! :) 

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/August_2016_Central_Italy_earthquake
    Asheram

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

Gorwe said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    Gorwe said:
    H0urg1ass said:

I still have to try 2. There are loads of unique playstyles, but I find Bretonnia, Vampires, Norscans and Savage Orcs the most fun. Almost like I like charging headlong, huh? Empire's easily the biggest disappointment.
    My empire campaign had some fun battles, but overall was entirely too easy.  For some reason I can't explain, all of the forces of good on the map kicked the tar out of the forces of evil.

The Lizardmen destroyed the Tomb Kings, the High Elves destroyed the Dark Elves, the Brets went around me and repeatedly kicked the Norscan's teeth in, the Dwarfs defeated the Orcs, the Southern Kingdoms defeated the Pirates and the Skaven... By the time I confederated the Empire, the only thing left to fight was chaos.

I think next up for me is going to be Skaven when I get around to playing it again.  I tend to play two campaigns and take a six month break before I go back.
    Gorwe
    edited March 24
    H0urg1ass said:
    Gorwe said:
    H0urg1ass said:
    Gorwe said:
    H0urg1ass said:

My empire campaign had some fun battles, but overall was entirely too easy.  For some reason I can't explain, all of the forces of good on the map kicked the tar out of the forces of evil.

The Lizardmen destroyed the Tomb Kings, the High Elves destroyed the Dark Elves, the Brets went around me and repeatedly kicked the Norscan's teeth in, the Dwarfs defeated the Orcs, the Southern Kingdoms defeated the Pirates and the Skaven... By the time I confederated the Empire, the only thing left to fight was chaos.

I think next up for me is going to be Skaven when I get around to playing it again.  I tend to play two campaigns and take a six month break before I go back.
    Ah, the infamous Ordertide. Given that they, with the possible exception of DE and VC, have much better economy which can support multiple stacks and how the AI likes to gang bang on you(bring three armies to screw over even your battle chances, forget about auto resolve lol)...doesn't surprise me. Brets start with three very powerful armies, Dwarfs, provided Grimgor doesn't get a Waaagh, have a VERY EASY time(easily the best economy) and even Empire can easily eradicate Vamps.

The new patch they're testing is literally meant to combat that. And it seems it is, though expect Dwarfs to still be STR rating #1 and Brets to confederate like crazy.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 6,103
    I keep thinking of the song by Lou Reed every time I read the title: Perfect Day.

Just insert "fucked up day" every time you hear "perfect day."

Asheram

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• FinvegaFinvega Member UncommonPosts: 187
    I have had the "good fortune" to experience:

A cat 3 Hurricane eye pass over my house.
    An earth quake that shook the office building I was in from side to side.
    A tornado that leveled a good part of a town I lived in.
    A bunch of bad drugs....

But most amazingly, I survived my mother's frozen Salmon Croquette patties as a kid. 
    AsheramH0urg1ass
  • FARHAN183FARHAN183 Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    if you are bored you can visit this website 
    NorseGod
    Finvega said:

A bunch of bad drugs....

But most amazingly, I survived my mother's frozen Salmon Croquette patties as a kid. 
    .. and I survived my mother's eggplant *puking noises* parmesan.

Screw you Mrs. York for telling my mother 20 different ways to cook the most disgusting vegetable on earth.
    AlBQuirky
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,634
    Finvega said:

A bunch of bad drugs....

Gorwe
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • napelnejnapelnej Newbie CommonPosts: 3
    I have never felt an earthquake but it really has to be scary.
    Right and now it's hot and dull. It's always something! (grumbling intensifies)