Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You Can Join the Guild Wars 2 Masters of the Arena PvP Tournament

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageYou Can Join the Guild Wars 2 Masters of the Arena PvP Tournament

You can now join the Masters of the Arena PvP tournament in Guild Wars 2. Here's how.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Ah.. I see they are pushing that E-spot again.
    NorseGodvelimirius
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Never bothered to play it. 
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    NorseGod said:
    It was a really cool unique thing when they first made it.. like this cool casual playpen for people that wanted mix Barbie™ Dress Up, with Dragon Slaying.

Now it feels like a generic MMO, where you are wondering if you should Shout "For the Horde" or "FusRoDah" when you charge something.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

Ungood said:
    NorseGod said:
    It was a really cool unique thing when they first made it.. like this cool casual playpen for people that wanted mix Barbie™ Dress Up, with Dragon Slaying.

Now it feels like a generic MMO, where you are wondering if you should Shout "For the Horde" or "FusRoDah" when you charge something.
    The fanbois turned me off from it during development.
    Ungood
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    This tournament is pretty much entirely community funded. The streamer (Mighty Teapot on Twitch) has been promoting this tournament while gathering up the in-game gold/real life money from the GW2 community and from his viewers, for some months now.

Anet is promoting this event most likely because Mighty Teapot asked if they could. Or maybe some Devs reached out. (Hes a Arena-Net partner)A few devs do make appearances in his chat all the time, if not every day. (Ben, Cal aka CMC)

Mighty Teapot also created and hosted a PVE raiding tournament last year with simiular prizes and gold, but this PVP tournament is looking to be a lot more rewarding.

Elitst raiding party (PVE tournament): https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-a-mighty-erp-approaches-2000108600

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    I still find more enjoyment watching guild vs guild in GW1 where half of the players are henchment than anything in GW2. How could they completely forget what made pvp amazing in the first game.. heh
    PuReDusT
    APThug said:
    This tournament is pretty much entirely community funded. The streamer (Mighty Teapot on Twitch) has been promoting this tournament while gathering up the in-game gold/real life money from the GW2 community and from his viewers, for some months now.

Anet is promoting this event most likely because Mighty Teapot asked if they could. Or maybe some Devs reached out. (Hes a Arena-Net partner)A few devs do make appearances in his chat all the time, if not every day. (Ben, Cal aka CMC)

Mighty Teapot also created and hosted a PVE raiding tournament last year with simiular prizes and gold, but this PVP tournament is looking to be a lot more rewarding.

Elitst raiding party (PVE tournament): https://www.mmorpg.com/guild-wars-2/columns/guild-wars-2-a-mighty-erp-approaches-2000108600
    Humm.. how did that other thing turn out anyway? I recall there was not much activity, but I can't say I followed it either.

I do recall a lot of people that used to and still do defend raids in GW2, saying they quit playing or raiding.

QSatu said:
    I still find more enjoyment watching guild vs guild in GW1 where half of the players are henchment than anything in GW2. How could they completely forget what made pvp amazing in the first game.. heh
    I'm sure we have a few guesses.
    QSatu said:
    If you watch how this games development unfolded and their epic blunderings, it becomes apparent how they could "forget" as chances are they never caught the clue to start with. 

I have got to say, they do have some really great artist and creative people on staff, I won't take that from them. But.. come on.

This is the same studio that made dungeons, then abandoned dungeons, then killed the rewards of dungeons to get players to stop playing them, and put the rewards back because players got upset, and then put dungeons back in the daily rotations.

This is the same studio that put out a whole expansion and ended up losing money.

This is the same Studio that put in Guild Missions and then Abandoned them.

This is the same Studio that made a HoT Guild Hall, and then when PoF came out, they forced everyone to go to the PoF guild hall and abandoned the HoT guild Hall. 

All the while they are flopping around all over the place like toddlers with ADHD on a sugar high, they cried they don't have the staff and resources to complete their Expansion while they had half their staff working on some other project that never got revealed, and for all we know is now vaporware.

So.. You are not dealing with the sharpest tools in the shed here.

velimirius

• velimiriusvelimirius Member UncommonPosts: 134
    edited March 2020
    hopefully they shutdown soon, so this shithousery can end and maybe some1 else take over the IP and make a proper GW1 sequel.
    Ungood
    hopefully they shutdown soon, so this shithousery can end and maybe some1 else take over the IP and make a proper GW1 sequel.
    I firmly believe that the "Other Projects" that they had devoted half their staff to, at the expense of their main money maker, was GW3.

I also firmly believe they expected to launch a GW3 within 5 years of GW2, following the same methodology as GW1. They take the money they would have made from GW2, and invest it into a GW3, and work from there.

That would explain why they were so willing to flop around all over the place, they already had the mindset the game was not going to see past 5 years, this allowed them a level fearlessness to put things in and then abandoning them without a care, it also allowed them to piss off huge chunks of their player base and not care, and more and more as time goes on, more firmly believe they had no intentions to keep GW2 running this long. The more I look at it, I get the feeling that when they made GW2, they had the mindset that it was going to see a best a 5 year run before being put into maintenance mode, with a GW3 announced.

Which explains why, when they hot the 7 years mark, and realized that was not going to happen, they laid off half their staff, canceled their "Other Projects" and why MO, and others higher up, also quit shortly thereafter.

All that points to their real plan got shit canned and they don't know what to do about it, or what they are doing with GW2 at this point, as they kept treating it like a test subject to this point.. so NcSoft had to come in and take over and try to save the ship.

I think they will fail, as I believe that GW2 has maybe 1 to 2 years left before they close the doors. I think too much was done wrong, with a devil may care attitude towards the player base, to save it now.

Just my feels tho, I could be very wrong.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,837
    I could, but I wouldn't make it far, lol.