Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Inside Star Citizen Looks at Weapon Attachment UI

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageNew Inside Star Citizen Looks at Weapon Attachment UI

The latest Inside Star Citizen look at weapon attachment UI and New Babbage.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlenn[Deleted User]Narug

Comments

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    edited March 2020
    Am I actually inb4 some moron posts about how this game is a scam?

You haters are slacking. Say it ain't so....
    alkarionlogErillion
  • MechanismMechanism Member UncommonPosts: 143
    edited March 2020
    I kinda like this kind of gun customization in fps games but i can't help but think if my hugely ambitious space game was feeling just a little behind schedule then the fps gameplay in its entirety would really be better suited as a post launch feature.
    Come to think of it I don't follow this game all that well but is any feature delayed for post launch?
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    I have spent over 20k USD on this game! I cant wait for it to come out! My great gran children will enjoy this game!
    [Deleted User]strawhat0981Haki88[Deleted User]McSleazBabuinixErillionDiabhual

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited March 2020
    You can get your weapon attachment and anything else you need in the cash shop.Step right up,oh no no not you ,only those with credit cards can use this line.

I guess most people supporting this game DO NOT understand what gaming is.I'll give a hint,it is NOT suppose to be an online store for RMT.

Is this studio a business,most certainly,a scummy one imo but still a business.Are they a game developer,yes they are,not a very good,does game development warrant free handouts from consumers,NOT a chance in HELL.

I guess by PURE definition,a consumer is one who purchases goods and services for personal use,so this meets the definition.So then since we need to dig even deeper for those without common sense,i will..lol.

Does what this game offer carry the same value as the cost?Well obviously that is always going to be opinionated,everything in life has different value depending who you ask.

Soooooo last line of defense.To the COMMON person with common sense does this game offer the value to cost ratio that is FAIR?NOT a chance in hell.Even if it did,i wouldn't support such a deceptive scummy developer like this.He has NEVER lived up to his early sales pitch for this game,sure he has tons of excuses now but still he is a BS'r.

BabuinixErillion

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    edited March 2020
    Star Citizen updates and salty comments from the haters!
    Perfect combo to start the weekend! :D

ErillionJoeBlober
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Ugh. . .weapon attachments. . can I have SQ42 yet.  I don't want to have to mod my pistol between mission.    Talk about feature creep.  I didn't watch the video.  I love sims but I was really looking for another Freelancer etc. when I bought this.  If I can skip this stuff I'm good.  I hate when I play a game and between missions I have to spend tonnes of time . . I don't mind upgrading etc. . . weapon mods were something I never got into though.  This is all just my opinion.  I know I don't have to like it.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

crankked said:

How is it a scam if they have a working game?

I don't personally play it but find it interesting and have watched streams of it and it looks interestin . Graphically it looks great and runs great from what streams I've watched. So tell me what makes this game a "scam"?
    JoeBlober
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    crankked said:

How about 'the game is poorly managed.'?  Will that suffice?

Oh, and here comes the weekly marketing video.  Buy more Ships!    We have years to go before we sleep.....

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    >>>
    Oh, and here comes the weekly marketing video.
    >>>

These videos are paid for by us voluntary subscribers, as a way to keep all of us backers up to date with the development of Star Citizen.

No development money is used for that.

What you call a marketing video is a service paid by the voluntary-subscriber-backers for the backers, with the help of the CIG team.

But you knew that already anyway, which did not keep you from posting.

Have fun
    JoeBlober
    It looks good. Even though I am not a big fan of space sim, I would try this one. 

It would be great if there was a clean server not affected by the pre-sales. I think the game would have a completely different character on such a server where everyone would start as a poor guy and the only way to progress would be through ingame activities.

Private servers is still an option. There one can start the clean-slate-without-pre-sales if one is interested in such a variant.

Private servers are very low on the priority list at the moment. One needs to have the game finished first ;-)

Judging by most of the other sci fi games i played, you will have "rich" guys within a month (even if everyone started "poor"), especially those with a lot of time to spare. I knew some people that played EVE 18 hours a day during big wars. Also guilds working together can make one person "rich" within a short amount of time, with this person then buying expensive stuff way sooner than others could ever do alone. And in SC other guild members then can be the crew of such an expensive vessel.

Have fun
    JoeBlober
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

Mensur said:

I have spent over 20k USD on this game! I cant wait for it to come out! My great gran children will enjoy this game!

hater stop to throw lies and obfuscation. 45$ is what is needed as single pledge to get in, not an extra $.
    Ships and others stuff are available with in game Credits. Star Citizen patch 3.9 in few weeks and S42 beta by end of the year.
    +1.2 million individual backer did joined already and are enjoying now. Try harder :)

ErillionMcSleazMensur

Aethaeryn said:

Ugh. . .weapon attachments. . can I have SQ42 yet.  I don't want to have to mod my pistol between mission.    Talk about feature creep.  I didn't watch the video.  I love sims but I was really looking for another Freelancer etc. when I bought this.  If I can skip this stuff I'm good.  I hate when I play a game and between missions I have to spend tonnes of time . . I don't mind upgrading etc. . . weapon mods were something I never got into though.  This is all just my opinion.  I know I don't have to like it.  

... and now guns attachment are feature creep. a feature available in most competent FPS games but for SC it becomes a feature creep. Ships have weapon attachment feature since years and was aprt of the initial plan.
    Also... "spend ton of times". Do you realize it takes few seconds to add a suppressor or scope and that you can still pick a totally different weapon beased on mission. Do you plan to shoot ships with an handgun ?

crankked said:

Oh, and here comes the weekly marketing video.  Buy more Ships!    We have years to go before we sleep.....

Poorly managed sure... They did transform a none existing company back in Nov. 2012 in a company valued by Independent Auditors to +460M$ back in 2018... twice the amount of pledges at this time? Developing not one but two ambitious triple_A's.
    Publishers with their Billions of $ EVERY single year can't even manage to have what backers enjoy in SC Alpha.

CIG is providing weekly information about various aspect of the game development call it marketing at your leisure... That and several free weeks per year. CIG is the single company in the gaming industry that transparent... approved by +10.000's new backers at every new patch.

If only we gamer community, could had more incompetent like CR....
    Erillionmmoloulahnmir
  • H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    A weapon attachment UI.

Imagine you're a company that's been working on a hype new sports car for the better part of a decade.  People have been pre-ordering it like crazy.  There are already thousands of this new car pre-sold with nothing more to go on than a silhouette scribbled on a napkin in a greasy diner.

...and they released a picture of a goddamn lug nut and said "Hey look at our progress."

DiabhualMcSleaz
    edited March 2020
    H0urg1ass said:
    A weapon attachment UI.

Imagine you're a company that's been working on a hype new sports car for the better part of a decade.  People have been pre-ordering it like crazy.  There are already thousands of this new car pre-sold with nothing more to go on than a silhouette scribbled on a napkin in a greasy diner.

...and they released a picture of a goddamn lug nut and said "Hey look at our progress."

... while having also about a hundredthousand pictures and about a thousand videos of the rest of the progress available for everyone interested in more information on just about any other part of the project ....

Have fun
    JoeBlober
  • GrymGrym Member UncommonPosts: 301
    I recently started playing Star Citizen. I can honestly say that, sure, there are bugs galore and challenges to deal with. However, guns-rifles-lasers-firearms-and all attachments are available in the game for in game credits. I've never seen them being offered for real cash.

Only thing I think is kinda shady is the incredible cost of ships for real cash. I understand they use this method to raise revenue on occasion, but sheesh. Some of the ships cost hundreds or even over a thousand dollars. I think this is what most of the gaming community looks at as a scam. It certainly raises red flags.

I'm happy to say I only spent my initial $45 pledge. I've managed to rent other ships fairly easily within game to experience some of the mid-tier content/ships. As I'm only a casual player with no Org to rely on, I don't really earn enough to experience upper tier ships before the next wipe comes along. Eventually CIG is supposed to implement persistence to the Alpha. We'll see how it goes.

For anyone hesitant to try this game because of the rumors that you have to spend hundreds of dollars to experience content, I can tell you it isn't true. If you work at it, grind away, you too can obtain better ships and equipment.

Cheers!
    ErillionBabuinixJoeBlober

(My son speaking to his Japanese Grandmother) " Sorry Obaba, I don't speak Japanese, I only speak human."

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

crankked said:

I don't personally play it but find it interesting and have watched streams of it and it looks interestin . Graphically it looks great and runs great from what streams I've watched. So tell me what makes this game a "scam"?

If you read the website carefully, you find out that if you provide money, you aren't buying the game. You are making a "donation"; there is no guarantee of a game ever appearing.

As the years have gone by, they've collected huge amounts of money, but they haven't produced any product that you can buy. It's like paying money for a car, and you get to testdrive some cars, and at the end, you have no guarantee you will ever get a real car.

Is it a scam? Not in the sense that they are taking your money and not making a game. If you go into it knowing you are donating money for a future possibility, it isn't a scam. Just remember there is no game and you cannot buy it.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

... but you can play at lot already, even if its not the full game yet.

For free, if you wait for the next Free Fly Event.

Have fun
    JoeBlober
    Erillion said:
    >>>
    Oh, and here comes the weekly marketing video.
    >>>

These videos are paid for by us voluntary subscribers, as a way to keep all of us backers up to date with the development of Star Citizen.

No development money is used for that.

What you call a marketing video is a service paid by the voluntary-subscriber-backers for the backers, with the help of the CIG team.

But you knew that already anyway, which did not keep you from posting.

Have fun
    Everything they do is marketing.  They don't have a game.  And won't for a long time.  CIG gets its money through marketing this dream.  

Their marketing is stellar!  Their management....less so.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

JoeBlober said:

crankked said:

Poorly managed sure... They did transform a none existing company back in Nov. 2012 in a company valued by Independent Auditors to +460M$ back in 2018... twice the amount of pledges at this time? Developing not one but two ambitious triple_A's.
    Publishers with their Billions of $ EVERY single year can't even manage to have what backers enjoy in SC Alpha.

CIG is providing weekly information about various aspect of the game development call it marketing at your leisure... That and several free weeks per year. CIG is the single company in the gaming industry that transparent... approved by +10.000's new backers at every new patch.

Marketing does not equal game management.  They've been promising game releases for years.   Continually had to walk back on deadlines.  And it will continue.  Perhaps Emperor Jones should've considered those difficulties at various points.  But Marketing requires that you continue to sell the dream.  That they are doing well indeed.

If the rest of the game industry had the 'Chris Roberts effect', they'd all be 5 years late, would've turned into different projects and would could hundreds of millions of dollars more than planned.

But hey, the Lugnuts are wonderful!

But, kvetching aside, the $35 to $50 dollar buy-in gamble is a decent deal.   Star Citizen will come out.   Just not anytime soon.   And when Squadron 42 doesn't hit beta as claimed, I am sure there will be a ton of excuses.  There always are. 

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

JoeBlober said:

crankked said:

Marketing does not equal game management.  They've been promising game releases for years.   Continually had to walk back on deadlines.  And it will continue.  Perhaps Emperor Jones should've considered those difficulties at various points.  But Marketing requires that you continue to sell the dream.  That they are doing well indeed.

If the rest of the game industry had the 'Chris Roberts effect', they'd all be 5 years late, would've turned into different projects and would could hundreds of millions of dollars more than planned.

But hey, the Lugnuts are wonderful!

But, kvetching aside, the $35 to $50 dollar buy-in gamble is a decent deal.   Star Citizen will come out.   Just not anytime soon.   And when Squadron 42 doesn't hit beta as claimed, I am sure there will be a ton of excuses.  There always are. 

they have never promised a realease date. they have stated release targets but ALWAYS with the caveat that things are subject to change. It seems everyone complaining about this always seems to forget that part though..curious.
    Erillion
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited March 2020
    crankked said:

Wait, people have given $250 million for the development of this game with no guarantee of the end result, and the skeptics are the morons?  Hahahahahahaha!

Ever consider that the smart ones might be those holding on to their money until they see a final, stable, fun product released?  After all, what's there to lose in waiting?  Those buying things now will have no advantage over those who wait, right?
    McSleaz
    >>> After all, what's there to lose in waiting? >>

The game.

Its a crowdfunding project. No money, no game.

The backers are making it possible for other people to later buy a finished game.

Have fun
    JoeBlober

H0urg1ass said:

A weapon attachment UI.

Your comment is as valid than scam or jpeg. Backers do have 3.8.2 in hands and 3.9 in a couple week.

olepi said:

crankked said:

If you read the website carefully, you find out that if you provide money, you aren't buying the game. You are making a "donation"; there is no guarantee of a game ever appearing.

As the years have gone by, they've collected huge amounts of money, but they haven't produced any product that you can buy. It's like paying money for a car, and you get to testdrive some cars, and at the end, you have no guarantee you will ever get a real car.

Is it a scam? Not in the sense that they are taking your money and not making a game. If you go into it knowing you are donating money for a future possibility, it isn't a scam. Just remember there is no game and you cannot buy it.

Turn words as much as you want. There is a game in development, you can test/play for free several weeks per year and enjoy with up to 50 others players per server for now until the number do increase with server meshing implementation.

You don't buy... you pledge. Difference? none except for those who make a slight effort to understand crowdfunding model: pledge to get a project delivered. Vaidated by ten thousands project delivered since crowdfunding exist.