Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I miss the old mmorpg.com

LonzoLonzo Member UncommonPosts: 294
edited March 2020 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
I dont know, I think the recent mmorpg site does not feel good. It is clunky, the articles do not catch me anymore, everything was changed for bad. Am I the only one?!

Mmorpg. Changes any good?
  1. Do they shoulf set mmorpg.com back to where it was?2 votes
    1. Oh yes!
      50.00%
    2. No, you suck stfu
      50.00%
boojiboyHyperpsycrowMMOExposed

Comments

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    Well , i join around 2013 so idk about the "old" MMORPG since this site is older than 2003
    But indeed in 2020 we lack a lots of contents and news , less give away and humor too. It feel like people final give up on MMORPG and moving on after a lots sh*t show recently
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Change is change. It will happen sometimes just because some folks "gotta have it!"

The site is very... "antiseptic"... right now to me, like a bland hospital or track row housing.

Is it just me, or is anyone else unable to vote in the poll?

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• zerocountzerocount Member UncommonPosts: 200
    AlBQuirky said:

It's not just you, it appears closed.
    AlBQuirky
  • FinvegaFinvega Member RarePosts: 260
    To me the change seems to have made the Forum posts less relevant on the front page. They are the first things I look at, and they seem diminished now. 
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I like it. It took some adjustment but I'm good with it now.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• ChildoftheShadowsChildoftheShadows Member EpicPosts: 2,193
    Design is great. With everything else I’ll keep my mouth shut so I don’t get banned. Again. 
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    As much as I miss the old editing software, I don't miss fields of green text.  A feature overused is as much an annoyance as badly written software.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    I'm sure WE ALL HAVE A TRAINED EYE to ignore any web sites adds.  Honestly, thinking about I haven't noticed an add anyplace in the last few months.

Things I don't like here is:
    -  I can't seem to set up favorites for forums like I used to. 
    -  Reading others post have much shorter borders making them more ingratiation to            read. 

The spell checker has always been the worst of any program or other site..... And I'ts still the same.

And believe me I'm an expert on needing a spell checker...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Well often the options/format is limited to simply typing in the chat box,it should to have more options.

Aside from that,this site has gone full circle or at least far more obvious into an advertising,influencer,BUSINESS site than a gaming site.
    The gaming part is only really here for the business side to function.
    The billion dollar entities are literally getting rich off of other people's work  in the form of advertising and various schemes that are related to marketing, advertising.

It is to the point that when you see a game mentioned on a gaming site,there is a business angle attached to it,nothing is for the pure interest in gaming.That is why we see sooooooooo many bad games,so many non interesting articles.

So the end result,90% business 10% gaming from the heart and that is not a good formula for viewers.

Another site i noticed changed a lot and had me baffled was IGN.Well so happens they were bought out by a giant ...J2 Global,so now it all makes sense.If you ever hear the guy talk he sounds just like the Google and Facebook and all the super rich media people,he does not sound like he has ever played a game in his entire life yet is in charge of a gaming site and how it operates.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Remember that old saying...money is the root of all that is evil,well it is not just a saying.

1000 years ago,200 years ago,100 years and now nothing has changed, money and power.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    edited March 2020
    I really miss the old forums, particularly the post editor which supported colored text with the press of a button.

Never understood why the Vanilla editor is such a featureless POS, presumably to better support multiple Smart phone OS or something.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    zerocount said:
    AlBQuirky said:

It's not just you, it appears closed.
    Just like this site.

Starting to look like somebody's tax write-off around here the last few years. What happened?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 914
    Good old days are gone..now everything is ment for kidz
    MMOExposed

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Lonzo said:
    I dont know, I think the recent mmorpg site does not feel good. It is clunky, the articles do not catch me anymore, everything was changed for bad. Am I the only one?!
    I agree. Bad to navigate now
    delete5230

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    edited April 2020
    Design of new site is ugly. Its predominately ads it feels like.

New community sucks too. Basically no one knows what an mmo is. "Recommend me an mmo" one guy says. Response is "try poe or destiny".... sigh.

Forums are no longer properly moderated. They havent been for years. You can make a post about anything in the mmorpg forum and it will pass. I even tested some time ago.

I knew the site was going down hill many years ago. One of the things that solidified it was how years ago everyone begged and pleaded for everything to be pve and free to play. They defended f2p as hard as they could. Look at what weve got now. All p2w shit.

Second sign was when Bill Murphy said that League of Legends could be considered an MMO.

And now we have games like Last Oasis falsely advertising itself as an mmo despite the servers being 100 players or less. Everyone eats it up. I could make an online 2 player chess game and call it an MMO and most people would believe it.

All the content feels like advertorials now.

Anyone remember years ago when mmorpg sponsored and advertised that witches book about dealing with death? A female game journalist had sadly passed and mmorpg.com pushed ads for a book that her mom (a housewife) was trying to make money off. The bitch wrote it in like 3 to 4 months right after he daughter passed. Ahh memories. Mmorpg.com couldnt keep up with all the complaints lol. So many deleted posts and threads. I dont remember that womans name but what a piece of crap. "Oh my daughters dead... how can I capitalize?".