Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ambition is not delivery

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
https://massivelyop.com/2020/03/26/vague-patch-notes-ambition-is-not-delivery-in-mmos/
Pretty interesting initial take on CoE's folding.  He promises an in-depth examination next week.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Gdemami

Comments

• OrangeBoyOrangeBoy Member UncommonPosts: 213
    edited March 2020
    This was poorly written. 90% of it was the guy using the ambition trope over and over. 

Just seems like he met the quota and dipped, could have talked about a thousand other things, yet he just wasted electrons and about 5 minutes of my time. I'd have fired this guy after reading this garb.
    Kyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2020
    Nonsense, it was a brilliant piece, applicable to most any software effort, not just COE or gaming.
    GdemamiScot

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    edited March 2020
    Still beating a dead horse I see.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    This dead horse deserves what it gets.
    Slapshot1188newbismxOrangeBoyNorseGod
  • MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
    The horse started it.

ScotSlapshot1188newbismxUngoodOrangeBoy

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    edited March 2020
    I think it is worth pointing out that Massively, this site nor any other questioned CoE until it folded. Unless you guys who follow development more than I do know better? Indeed if mainstream media had not questioned Star Citizen would gaming news sites have done so? A couple of years back (it seems an age ago) CoE was in the top five anticipated MMO's and I was talking about my concerns of the negative effect releasing in the same year could have on the CF MMOs. I am smelling the coffee of wishful thinking now. Back then I said we need most of them to succeed for CF to be seen as viable. Now I am just hoping for one or the whole concept will be seen as disaster prone.
    [Deleted User]Mendel
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    To simplify all the articles,the entire approach to gaming revolves around money,you either have it or you don't and the end result will show where you stand.

Problem i have is stupidity,people giving start from scratch wannabe devs free handouts.
    IDK what it is ,some people have such boring existence they want to feel a part of something or feel they are being a good samaritan,i really don't know the mindset of these people.
    Maybe it is as simple as people are just not very knowledgeable on game design,they see one idea they like,something catches their eye,have too much money so throw it at a gaming business.
    I'll tell you this much,you won't see this guy handing over any free money,not to Twitch streamers,not to wannabe game developers,i am a consumer not a charity leech.
    Mendelnewbismx

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Ambitious seems to be a good excuse for other scams.

Maybe he didn't use that new Ambitious Tech that's never been done before. Or say something about scope. People like that word. Scope.
    Gdemami
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/