Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen Shares Weekly Schedule

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageStar Citizen Shares Weekly Schedule

Cloud Imperium has shared what's new for Star Citizen this week.

Read the full story here

WalkinGlennNorseGod

Comments

• hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    You wrote: "But first, the team recapped the upcoming Alpha 3.9"
    I read: "Before talking about the actual progress, they promised more things."

I love this game. If nothing else, then just for the pure lols of their marketing.
  • Haki88Haki88 Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Waiting for release delay announcement. Because of corona we are pushing release date to 2035, and after that we are going to see world economic crisis and they will push release date to 2045 :)

My will and testament: Hi kids, am leaving you star citizen account, it is going to be awesome game, gl in life and gaming :)

Kids: Yeeeeeey

After 5min kids are reading on official website: We are pushing date to 2065!

[Deleted User]AethaerynDryxalinestrawhat0981
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Haki88 said:

Waiting for release delay announcement. Because of corona we are pushing release date to 2035, and after that we are going to see world economic crisis and they will push release date to 2045 :)

My will and testament: Hi kids, am leaving you star citizen account, it is going to be awesome game, gl in life and gaming :)

If you have not realized by now .... a worldwide pandemic is no joke and game development teams staying at home, following quarantine orders, for their sake and those of others, are doing the right thing.

If this causes delays in any games - or specifically in the Star Citizen schedule - then there are few things in the world less important than that IMHO.

If Star Citizen comes out "in 2065" - and a single life has been saved because the developers stayed at home ... well done.
    JoeBloberstrawhat0981WalkinGlenn
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    edited March 2020

Erillion said:

Haki88 said:

If you have not realized by now .... a worldwide pandemic is no joke and game development teams staying at home, following quarantine orders, for their sake and those of others, are doing the right thing.

If this causes delays in any games - or specifically in the Star Citizen schedule - then there are few things in the world less important than that IMHO.

If Star Citizen comes out "in 2065" - and a single life has been saved because the developers stayed at home ... well done.

Seriously, easy now - it wasn't the point of his post . . . His point is that it won't matter. It will be delayed infinately but that the current situation makes a great excuse. It might not be the classiest thing to post but he isn't mocking the pandemic. he mentioned pandemic, then economics etc. We are here talking about a game. I get that people will be stressed and upset.
    Haki88

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,828
    In my field of high tech, we call this markitecture. It looks like computer architecture, from a marketing standpoint.

Without a release date, none of these features mean much. In alpha, they can change anything at any time.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• bentrimbentrim Member UncommonPosts: 299
    edited March 2020
    I'am surprised they haven't tested the testers, testing Alpha 3.9, before releasing pre-alpha 3.7, as testing begins on P A 3.71759, before releasing the actual flight sim,reg. 3.14171009.
  • JoeBloberJoeBlober Member RarePosts: 586

hfztt said:

I love this game. If nothing else, then just for the pure lols of their marketing.

.. you realize that a new patch (in that case 3.9)... is progress? LOL
    hfztt

Seriously, easy now - it wasn't the point of his post . . . His point is that it won't matter. It will be delayed infinately but that the current situation makes a great excuse. It might not be the classiest thing to post but he isn't mocking the pandemic. he mentioned pandemic, then economics etc.

We are here talking about a game. I get that people will be stressed and upset.

Sure... "It will be delayed indefinitely".. like was Space Marine... supposed to never be released because "not defined date"... but released Dec. 2016.;
    Use pandemic as an excuse as much as you want, the project keep making good progress, both in terms of contents new backers and for a reason. prophets of Doom being proven wrong at every quarters is one of them :)

olepi said:

In my field of high tech, we call this markitecture. It looks like computer architecture, from a marketing standpoint.

Without a release date, none of these features mean much. In alpha, they can change anything at any time.

olepi said:

it is call in any project: pending development. Now how do you call Fallout 76 and Anthem (to name two) which have a date of release but no ambition, terrible implementation and copy/paste of already past released games but with more bugs and crash...both from multi-billions $ companies with full up-to-date pipelines and hundreds/thousands devs?
    I game community know something is that a release date is absolutely not a guarantee of playability or enjoyable content...
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401

JoeBlober said:

hfztt said:

.. you realize that a new patch (in that case 3.9)... is progress? LOL

.. you realize that my post did not actually say anything like what you are implying it said? LOL.