Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 Legendary Item Bind Will Be Added to Legendary Armory

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imageGuild Wars 2 Legendary Item Bind Will Be Added to Legendary Armory

ArenaNet has shared some more info on their next Guild Wars 2 update which will affect several features, including legendary item binding.

Read the full story here

Comments

• UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    They are really pushing that Legendary Armor.

They do shit like this, and I bet wonder why people get upset and leave, they just begging to alienate everyone in their game that does not like to raid.
    Rinswind89UnrealRpg
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Ungood said:

They do shit like this, and I bet wonder why people get upset and leave, they just begging to alienate everyone in their game that does not like to raid.

Well with Legendary armor you just need one set and you can cover all your builds, not have many armors for different builds. It does help.
    Asm0deus

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Ungood said:

I agree with your thought process here ,i despise any game that segregates it's community,however the idea itself is a good one.

I can't stand the idea of binding equipment,first witnessed in Everquest,i thought the idea was bad then and still do and it makes no sense as far as plausible realism.So yeah this idea to allow auto use by others,i am all for it,except this still means it is not trade able to others or sellable which is the part i don't like in these games.

So they got it half right which is better than most.Besides bind equip has NEVER worked and is still not working within FFXi which i returned.People simply sit on the drop and shout for someone to buy it and join the group to claim it.It has been the same way since Everquest,so fact developers haven't learned a single thing since ,kind of tells us why games in general are not improving.
    UngoodAsm0deusKyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    edited March 2020
    Ungood said:

Holy fuck, man. 

It's literally just an account wallet for the legendary items their community has acquired. Normal people call it welcome quality life and leave it at that.
    IceAgeNephethAPThug
    Wizardry said:

Ungood said:

I agree with your thought process here ,i despise any game that segregates it's community,however the idea itself is a good one.

I can't stand the idea of binding equipment,first witnessed in Everquest,i thought the idea was bad then and still do and it makes no sense as far as plausible realism.So yeah this idea to allow auto use by others,i am all for it,except this still means it is not trade able to others or sellable which is the part i don't like in these games.

So they got it half right which is better than most.Besides bind equip has NEVER worked and is still not working within FFXi which i returned.People simply sit on the drop and shout for someone to buy it and join the group to claim it.It has been the same way since Everquest,so fact developers haven't learned a single thing since ,kind of tells us why games in general are not improving.
    Actually, just to clear some things up.

All Legendary Armor is crafted, in a many step process. So it was never sellable to start with. However, it did lead a massive influx of raid selling, which, get this, Anet condoned. So.. yah.. that did wonders for community building, and splitting the haves and have-nots, in many ways, with some people simply being able to buy their legendary armor by buying raid completions.

Legendary Weapons in GW2 come in 2 series.

The First Series, called Gen1, has a Precursor, that can be acquired by either a luck drop from any boss chest, or crafted. The "Dropped" version is not bound, and can be sold, the crafted bound.

If the Legendary Weapon is made from a Dropped Precursor, it also remains Unbound and can be sold, and people do farm and sell Gen1 Legendary Weapons.

Gen2 Legendary Weapons can only be crafted and are Bound, from start to Finish.

However, what is going on here, is allowing for a player to get a single set of Legendary Armor, or a Legendary Weapon, and use it across all their characters, unlike every other suit of armor or weapon that would need  to be transferred from one character to another.

This drastically increasing the QOL value of Legendary Items, and this leaving those that do not want to raid even further SOL, and feeling even more second class citizen.

I am sure that will be wonderfully well received.. I would like to make a fuss about it, but I think I will just laugh if that blows up in their face.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Hmm...I don't get it. Legendary items are nothing more than fancy skins that require horrendously burdensome amounts of time, effort, and money to create. They provide no tactical advantages over ascended gear of the same type. Once they are crafted, though, I can use the skins on any piece of ascended gear that I want...no need for a "Legendary Armory".

Marid said:
    Hmm...I don't get it. Legendary items are nothing more than fancy skins that require horrendously burdensome amounts of time, effort, and money to create. They provide no tactical advantages over ascended gear of the same type. Once they are crafted, though, I can use the skins on any piece of ascended gear that I want...no need for a "Legendary Armory".

Not exactly.. they added in Stat Swapping for Legendary Gear, which allowed a player to change their Stats any time they were out of combat. This can give a very distinct tactical advantage in WvW, where you can run into a Keep, and then swap your gear stats without needing to swap your gear.

It also allowed you to have 1 build for say, Dungeons, another for Fractals, another for OW, another for WvW, and still only need 1 suit of armor and weapon, if it was legendary. if it was Ascended, you ended up needing to make several sets of gear for the same character.

Now, they have set it up so that, if you have legendary Armor, you only need that across ALL your characters.

To all the people that get confused by it.. I am sure in the game, the elitist will be glad to rub that into people's faces.

• crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    So, now players who don't want to raid, only have to pay for raids enough for one set.

Players who sell raids may increase business because people realize they only have to farm one set.

Sounds like a win-win to me.
  • MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128

Ungood said:

Marid said:

Not exactly.. they added in Stat Swapping for Legendary Gear, which allowed a player to change their Stats any time they were out of combat. This can give a very distinct tactical advantage in WvW, where you can run into a Keep, and then swap your gear stats without needing to swap your gear.

It also allowed you to have 1 build for say, Dungeons, another for Fractals, another for OW, another for WvW, and still only need 1 suit of armor and weapon, if it was legendary. if it was Ascended, you ended up needing to make several sets of gear for the same character.

Now, they have set it up so that, if you have legendary Armor, you only need that across ALL your characters.

Ahh, I see...so this is for the WvW players. The only time I do WvW content is when I need a Gift of Battle...and I only need one more of those to craft my last legendary weapon; After that I'll probably never set foot in there ever again. Don't like Fractiles; only do Dungeons if I need the currency...I only ever do OW stuff, so I'm good with just one set of gear for each of my guys.
    Ungood
    crankked said:
    So, now players who don't want to raid, only have to pay for raids enough for one set.

Players who sell raids may increase business because people realize they only have to farm one set.

Sounds like a win-win to me.
    I guess if you are raid seller.. it would have that outlook.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    I think people have reading problems : "This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory."

You can send Legendaries as we speak, but through bank or shared inventory. So is not like they removed the grind for your alts, since well ... read above!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

IceAge said:
    I think people have reading problems : "This removes the need for you to swap legendary equipment between characters through your bank or shared inventory."

You can send Legendaries as we speak, but through bank or shared inventory. So is not like they removed the grind for your alts, since well ... read above!
    Actually, if I read what they did right, Legendary Items will be in their own account slot, and will no longer need to be "Swapped" as they will simply Auto-Equip the gear, when you log in, meaning that yes, this is exactly like they removed the grind for your alts.. IF.. you have legendary gear.

• NanbinoNanbino Member UncommonPosts: 168
    edited March 2020
    Walked happily away from this pile long ago. So good watching it writher. ;-p
    Ungood
  • APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    Its funny how, when i first saw this post I thought to myself, "ahh, what a great quality of life update." Only to come here and see no matter what I think is a step in the right direction, its still dog crap to others.

Most if not all the people Ive interacted with regarding this update either think its great or it doesn't concern them because they dont have any legendaries themselves. But to think they are some how "second class citizens"? What are you smoking dude lol.

Legendary gear is completely optional. You dont have to get it if you dont want too. Its for the people that want to go the extra mile to acquire something semi unique. Thats it. You think people who have these items all of a sudden think themselves superior or something? No body cares.

Just another slap in the face for everyone that does not Raid.

With that said.. yes, the Opinion of Raiders matters.. so little to me.
    Aeander

edited March 2020
    APThug said:
    Its funny how, when i first saw this post I thought to myself, "ahh, what a great quality of life update." Only to come here and see no matter what I think is a step in the right direction, its still dog crap to others.

Most if not all the people Ive interacted with regarding this update either think its great or it doesn't concern them because they dont have any legendaries themselves. But to think they are some how "second class citizens"? What are you smoking dude lol.

Legendary gear is completely optional. You dont have to get it if you dont want too. Its for the people that want to go the extra mile to acquire something semi unique. Thats it. You think people who have these items all of a sudden think themselves superior or something? No body cares.
    [mod edit]

Ignoring that legendary items are so popular and desirable that the vast majority of the community that has played for any substantial length of time seems to own at least one. Seriously, zergs look like raves with all of the Sunrises and other glorified glowsticks swinging around.
    Post edited by Vaross on
    botrytis
    edited March 2020
    Aeander said:
    APThug said:

[mod edit]

Ignoring that legendary items are so popular and desirable that the vast majority of the community that has played for any substantial length of time seems to own at least one. Seriously, zergs look like raves with all of the Sunrises and other glorified glowsticks swinging around.
    Just would like to get rid of Quip and Dreamer - they are so bloody annoying (the sounds).
    Post edited by Vaross on

edited March 2020
    Ppiper said:
    Ungood said:
    Wizardry said:

Ungood said:

All Legendary Armor is crafted, in a many step process. So it was never sellable to start with. However, it did lead a massive influx of raid selling, which, get this, Anet condoned. So.. yah.. that did wonders for community building, and splitting the haves and have-nots, in many ways, with some people simply being able to buy their legendary armor by buying raid completions.

The First Series, called Gen1, has a Precursor, that can be acquired by either a luck drop from any boss chest, or crafted. The "Dropped" version is not bound, and can be sold, the crafted bound.

If the Legendary Weapon is made from a Dropped Precursor, it also remains Unbound and can be sold, and people do farm and sell Gen1 Legendary Weapons.

However, what is going on here, is allowing for a player to get a single set of Legendary Armor, or a Legendary Weapon, and use it across all their characters, unlike every other suit of armor or weapon that would need  to be transferred from one character to another.

This drastically increasing the QOL value of Legendary Items, and this leaving those that do not want to raid even further SOL, and feeling even more second class citizen.

I am sure that will be wonderfully well received.. I would like to make a fuss about it, but I think I will just laugh if that blows up in their face.
    so where do they sell them? There is no auction house.
    Gen1 Legendary Weapons are sold all the time on the "Black Lion" auction house in game, I wager if you googled "Gold Sellers" you would also find them for sale for real money.

Edit Added:

If you are referring to Raid Completions. You can find them for sale in the Group Panel (y) just look in the Raids Section, they often just say they are selling completions as Anet condones that activity. They don't need to coy or shy about it.

botrytis said:
    Aeander said:
    APThug said:

Ungood is basically just a troll with a grudge at this point. No nuance. Everything involving any amount of quality of life that is relevant to anyone other than him is catering to "teh elitists" and therefore is a hate crime against "teh casuals."

Just would like to get rid of Quip and Dreamer - they are so bloody annoying (the sounds).
    Oh, god yes. Fuck everyone who spams Dreamer auto attacks with Quickness. 

At least there is a way to turn off other players' special weapon sounds.
    botrytis
    Ungood said:
    Ppiper said:
    Ungood said:
    Wizardry said:

Ungood said:

Gen1 Legendary Weapons are sold all the time on the "Black Lion" auction house in game, I wager if you googled "Gold Sellers" you would also find them for sale for real money.

Edit Added:

If you are referring to Raid Completions. You can find them for sale in the Group Panel (y) just look in the Raids Section, they often just say they are selling completions as Anet condones that activity. They don't need to coy or shy about it.

Just remember, A.Net really stops gold sellers fast. Also, if you buy from them, your account could be perma banned. Not really worth it.

Also to be clear, to anyone that still can't process this, I have never hid my bias that I think shoe horning Raids into GW2 was the equivalent of infecting the game with Satan's Herpes. Raids have added nothing positive and overall all they have done is divide the player base.

It was a stupid move by Anet to put them, and the fact they continue to push raids on their players with some delusion that they will learn to love them, with things like strike missions, or this new QOL upgrade to make Legendary Armor even more advantageous than Ascended, I sincerely hope burns down their flag ship.

For anyone that wants to rebuke me.. Ask yourself this. Did you read this QOL upgrade and think "Hell yah! that makes me want to spend more money on this game"

If not.. than no matter how much you think this is a good idea.. it isn't.

Because no doubt there will be at least a few players who where spending money, that this will be the last straw for, so if this does not inspire all you raiders to pick their tab.. Anet was the fool to do this for you.

Ungood said:
    Also to be clear, to anyone that still can't process this, I have never hid my bias that I think shoe horning Raids into GW2 was the equivalent of infecting the game with Satan's Herpes. Raids have added nothing positive and overall all they have done is divide the player base.

It was a stupid move by Anet to put them, and the fact they continue to push raids on their players with some delusion that they will learn to love them, with things like strike missions, or this new QOL upgrade to make Legendary Armor even more advantageous than Ascended, I sincerely hope burns down their flag ship.

For anyone that wants to rebuke me.. Ask yourself this. Did you read this QOL upgrade and think "Hell yah! that makes me want to spend more money on this game"

Because no doubt there will be at least a few players who where spending money, that this will be the last straw for, so if this does not inspire all you raiders to pick their tab.. Anet was the fool to do this for you.
    People wanted RAIDS, in GW2, just like in GW1. DOn't like 'em, don't play them. It is pretty easy really. 

There are plenty of people that do them. Even Guilds that are just about the RAIDs. All they do.

No, A.Net was not the fool. They saw a market and a want, they filled it. Pretty simple. That is how a free market works.

That said, I have not done Fractals, or RAIDs. Just not for me. I don't get my panties in a bunch over it.

botrytis said:
    Ungood said:

People wanted RAIDS, in GW2, just like in GW1. DOn't like 'em, don't play them. It is pretty easy really. 

There are plenty of people that do them. Even Guilds that are just about the RAIDs. All they do.

No, A.Net was not the fool. They saw a market and a want, they filled it. Pretty simple. That is how a free market works.

That said, I have not done Fractals, or RAIDs. Just not for me. I don't get my panties in a bunch over it.

Now see, in a Free Market, ideally when a company makes a move to fill a market want, or fill a void as it's called, the objective is to make more money from that endeavor, not to piss off their existing clients and lose money.

Which is exactly what Anet did.

They divided their player base, which of course caused players to get upset, and they opted to either stop spending money (One way or another) or spend a lot less money, to the tune of them taking million dollar quarterly losses, So obviously it was not just little ol me that was upset by this.

In every other kind of business in the world, that would be called a "bad" or "Stupid" move

Given that move to piss off their clientele like that, has cost them half their staff, their CEO resigned, and now their head developer has walked away.. 

So, yah, they were foolish.

• APThugAPThug Member RarePosts: 543
    botrytis said:
    Ungood said:
    Ppiper said:
    Ungood said:
    Wizardry said:

Ungood said:

Edit Added:

Just remember, A.Net really stops gold sellers fast. Also, if you buy from them, your account could be perma banned. Not really worth it.
    Anets stance on raid sell: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/28073/buying-and-selling-runs

People have been selling runs for stuff since gw1 (in-game gold) And I bet its no different then any other game frankly. Like back in gw1 people used to run people through Droknar's forge. I used to do it for donations on my warrior and dervish. 

For gw2 its not much different.