Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are You Playing During the Outbreak? - March 2020 Edition

124»

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Been playing Wolcen, cleared up to 111 Expedition so still lots of room to better my gear. I tried the demo for Trials of Mana, I have it on the wishlist. The battle system might get boring, I don't know yet, but I never played through the original so brand new story, and the graphics seem pretty good. Cute enemies lol
  • UntamedgunnerUntamedgunner Member UncommonPosts: 56
    I’m playing Bless Unleashed as my main MMORPG, The Witcher 3 again( thank you Netflix) and last just picked up Doom Eternal.
    Sovrath
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2020
    Iselin said:

Tried out a warrior priest first. I still honestly can't understand how some people play healers! I spend 80% of my time looking at health bars which just doesn't feel right to me, I miss out on so much! Its pretty easy to top the healing charts in a scenario, but I still don't feel like im making much of an impact. I'm hoping this changes as I continue to level up. 
    The whole point of the Warrior Priest class design is one of casually healing those around you as you bash the enemy with your hammer.

I played one very early before the nerfs to the splash heals and I could bash a keep door and keep myself and everyone on the ram getting oil poured on us, alive with only the occasional direct heal to supplement.

Even after they nerfed splash heals some and made attacks on doors not proc splash heals (the bastards! :)) they were never really meant to be played as direct healers with eyes glued on the UI health bars.

The fun of the class is that you kill things and oh yeah, those around me survived too... cool!

That's what im hoping for later on, at the moment I only have 2 HoTs and 1 direct heal, 1 morale heal and then some minor healing if I can hit stuff. So, not a huge amount when it comes to healing.

Spoke to some people in game, and it sounds like WP in RoR is now the ultimate solo class, if you gear and spec for damage then the healing u get back from your attacks is really good, perfect for soloing. But, sounds like not the greatest class for warbands.

I'll keep at it though, I've never played a healer before (well, not for long) as I always get bored pretty quickly. WP is different to traditional healers so it's holding my interest. What is amusing is I think the WP's legacy from live has meant loads of people play them, instead of other healers, so there are tons about. I certainly picked it as I remember them being OP during live!
    It's one of my all time favorite MMO classes. Right up there with the Rift Chloromancer. There's something about splash healing off the damage you do that really appeals to me.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    SWG:Legends

and

WoW: Classic (some 8.3)

It'll be what i'm playing when all this is over as well.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited March 2020
    My boy and I got through the storyline in Borderlands 1 and are now back to a little minecraft.  In my search for mods, as my boy likes mods, we came across an adventure mod called "Blockarina of Time" which is a Zelda remake in minecraft, It's pretty damned awesome and took the author like 5 or 7 years of work to do. 

Was pretty rough at first getting through the deku tree as I am a minecraft noob until I learned you could shoot down (unlock) ladders with arrows and burn cobwebs with deku sticks!

Walk through of deku tree, don't watch it all if you want to figure stuff out yourself, guy is pretty annoying but give you an idea how much effort was put into this.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    edited March 2020
    Odi101 said:
    Playing GTA 5 story mode, since for some reason, I never played until a couple weeks ago. Also, playing EVE as my got-to MMO.

Still yet to play the story mode, got GTA5 on the xbox and instantly took to the online, it was so much fun i couldn't stand the thought of "well i could be online instead of this".

Finally it was released for a proper platform, PC, and was totally going to do story in all its glory on the only real platform, transfered my character off the console, and again Online is just too awesome comparatively.

On both versions (console and pc) i made it just past the stolen boat scene and that was it ,online is just too damn good.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Division 2
    Factorio
    Neverwinter Nights Diamond

Ordered Doom Eternal from Amazon, but shipping got delayed until this Friday because people need their hand sanitizer and toilet paper I guess. Looking forward to playing it this weekend.

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    That won't work in a drive through testing site would it ?
    Sovrath
    Chamber of Chains
  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756
    crankked said:

I just saw the White House press conference where they posted the numbers given by John Hopkins University of the number of cases versus the number of deaths in america of COVID.  32,000 cases, 400 deaths.  I'll let you do the math.

Spolier alert: It's 1.2%..........

And that 32,000 number is low because most people aren't tested.  So, really it's probably WAY lower than 1% death rate.

Tell me again what the panic is and why the entire country is shutting down for something that is actually killing LESS people than the normal flu...?

Do you understand the concept of an outcome?

Let's make it really simple.

You have 100 patients with the same illness.
    80 of them are still sick and could either die or recover
    10 of them have recovered and are not dead
    10 of them have died

You don't know how many of the 80 will die or recover. They're an unknown and still at risk. They could all die or all recover; you don't know.

You DO know the outcome of the 20 who are no longer sick. Of that group half are healthy and half are dead. Your mortality rate among known outcomes is 50%.

What reason do you have to project that 100% of the 80 still sick are going to survive? And yes, what you're saying is 100% of that 80 are going to live when you calculate a mortality rate based on deaths vs total infected.

Would you like an even simpler example?

Your favorite sportsball team plays 100 games a season. They've played 20 so far and are 10-10 with 80 games left to play. Based on the outcomes so far, is it more accurate to estimate they're going to win 90 games or 50? Maybe they go on a tear, sign a free agent, get an injured player back, face an easier schedule or whatever and their record improves. Great, I'm rooting for them. All possibilities, but until that happens their record is what it is. 
    Different dates, different nationalities, all say the same thing...at least 80% of patients recover DO NOT require hospitilization

Coronavirus pandemic | 80% patients recover on their own, 5% require hospitalisation, says ICMR

Somya Lohia 9 hours ago

Data from China shows the majority of people with Covid-19 only suffer mild symptoms, then recover

Posted: March 20, 2020 10:55 AM

While 2.8% of the men diagnosed with the disease died, only 1.7% of women did

Dr. Fauci: 80 Percent of Coronavirus Patients ‘Spontaneously Recover’

By Melanie Arter | March 3, 2020 | 1:03pm EST

It's like COVID-19 already won.........

Inside the long days of California’s great lockdown, glimpse America’s stay-at-home future

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Narug said:
    crankked said:

I just saw the White House press conference where they posted the numbers given by John Hopkins University of the number of cases versus the number of deaths in america of COVID.  32,000 cases, 400 deaths.  I'll let you do the math.

Spolier alert: It's 1.2%..........

And that 32,000 number is low because most people aren't tested.  So, really it's probably WAY lower than 1% death rate.

Tell me again what the panic is and why the entire country is shutting down for something that is actually killing LESS people than the normal flu...?

Do you understand the concept of an outcome?

Let's make it really simple.

You have 100 patients with the same illness.
    80 of them are still sick and could either die or recover
    10 of them have recovered and are not dead
    10 of them have died

You don't know how many of the 80 will die or recover. They're an unknown and still at risk. They could all die or all recover; you don't know.

You DO know the outcome of the 20 who are no longer sick. Of that group half are healthy and half are dead. Your mortality rate among known outcomes is 50%.

What reason do you have to project that 100% of the 80 still sick are going to survive? And yes, what you're saying is 100% of that 80 are going to live when you calculate a mortality rate based on deaths vs total infected.

Would you like an even simpler example?

Your favorite sportsball team plays 100 games a season. They've played 20 so far and are 10-10 with 80 games left to play. Based on the outcomes so far, is it more accurate to estimate they're going to win 90 games or 50? Maybe they go on a tear, sign a free agent, get an injured player back, face an easier schedule or whatever and their record improves. Great, I'm rooting for them. All possibilities, but until that happens their record is what it is. 
    Different dates, different nationalities, all say the same thing...at least 80% of patients recover DO NOT require hospitilization

Coronavirus pandemic | 80% patients recover on their own, 5% require hospitalisation, says ICMR

Somya Lohia 9 hours ago

Data from China shows the majority of people with Covid-19 only suffer mild symptoms, then recover

Posted: March 20, 2020 10:55 AM

While 2.8% of the men diagnosed with the disease died, only 1.7% of women did

Dr. Fauci: 80 Percent of Coronavirus Patients ‘Spontaneously Recover’

By Melanie Arter | March 3, 2020 | 1:03pm EST

It's like COVID-19 already won.........

Inside the long days of California’s great lockdown, glimpse America’s stay-at-home future
    Not to derail the discussion, but using any data from China (or more accurately the CCP) really doesn't lend you any credibility. This is the same government which welded people into their homes, covered up the outbreak in the first place, murdered doctors who were 'whistleblowers', harvests organs from political dissidents, and is quite possibly killing citizens who are even suspected to be carrying the virus. Any data from them should be taken with about 15 tons of salt. I agree with what you're trying to say, but you should consider citing more reliable sources. 

Unless of course you're one of the CCP's many internet propaganda agents, in which case carry on so you don't umm, 'regrettably perish from COVID-19 complications.'
    Narug

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

edited March 2020
    Not to derail the discussion, but using any data from China (or more accurately the CCP) really doesn't lend you any credibility. This is the same government which welded people into their homes, covered up the outbreak in the first place, murdered doctors who were 'whistleblowers', harvests organs from political dissidents, and is quite possibly killing citizens who are even suspected to be carrying the virus. Any data from them should be taken with about 15 tons of salt. I agree with what you're trying to say, but you should consider citing more reliable sources. 
    That’s why I also linked India & US man........

Was trying to say different countries......same conclusions....

Nevermind....Thanks for agreeing with the spirit of my thoughts & tips....

Trying to say I’m CCP that’s really low...Edit: mccarythyism much? End Edit...just nevermind....
    Post edited by Narug on
    Caffynated

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• ultimateduckultimateduck Member EpicPosts: 1,269
    Grim Dawn on my flat screen

Half Life: Alyx and Stormland on my Rift S
    edited March 2020
    Since two at least can't understand why I think this total shutdown & the panic, at least, is ludicrous: (which was the point)

Elderly woman breaks down in tears after staring at empty Coles shelves

If you find that acceptable then there's something wrong with you.
    Post edited by Narug on

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    I've been grinding on Slay the Spire. It's become one of my favorite games of all time.

I've also taken about 2 days to mod Skyrim SE with Darkladylexi's mod guide (it really has taken about 2 days worth of work). It looks to be running great and so am now about to jump in and fully commit to a character for the 5th time or so.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Caffynated[Deleted User]ultimateduck
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • ET3DET3D Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Pretty much only OhShape on the Oculus Quest.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I'm playing VPN Tunnels: Unleashed
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • SweedeSweede Member UncommonPosts: 209
    I play mainly EVE Online, Star Citizen and The long dark, with some sprinkle of Euro truck / American truck sim.