Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

COE Pre-Alpha Begins! Trials of the Tested!

13»

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    Are we 100% sure this is not for a different game? They put the empire building game on hold and decided to put out a Chronicles of Parkour?
    AnOldFartKyleran
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    edited March 2020
    Deveron said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Deveron said:
    Xsolla does refunds for purchases within a 180d limit. They do a case by case investigation for purchases beyond that limit. 
    Yeah I have been messaged and looked into this. 
    But my main issue is I spent quite a bit on kickstarter and minimal using Xsolla...

Wish I had ignores ks and bought the whole package afterwards so that I could claim it all back. Instead it's just written off money 
    If your negotiations with Xsolla came to an end, there’s the BBB and the Attorney General of Washington to contact. The latter seems to have a pretty firm stance on crowdfunded projects not delivering.

“Washington state will not tolerate crowdfunding theft,” said Ferguson. “If you accept money from consumers, and don’t follow through on your obligations, my office will hold you accountable.”

https://www.atg.wa.gov/news/news-releases/ag-makes-crowdfunded-company-pay-shady-deal

They promised to deliver a full game by 2017 during KS, postponed to 2018, 19 and then to an indefinite date in the future for purchases in their shop. Someone’s not following through on their obligations. At least for purchases made prior to the changed date of delivery to “ready, when it’s ready”. 

Even tho I believe that’s - in general - a good approach to development, I don’t think it’s viable as a date of delivery in a contract. But it certainly is up for dispute when exactly that might be now and when it should be considered missed.

Anyways, their policies are as much worth as their promises, so if you dropped big amounts on this, seek legal council. 
    I think where SBS could get themselves in trouble is Jeromy's recent statements about when they started production.  According to the Kickstarter they had substantial development completed before the Kickstarter (May 2016) through a team of 16 funded by Walsh for the prior year (- 1 year = May 2015).  Now he is trying to say production did not start until Nov 2016.

----------------

Caspian ☁Last Thursday at 9:39 PM

Hey all! Our kickstarter was in 2016. And we entered production in November of 2016. So we've been in production for a little over 3 years.

----------------

You cannot brag about how you completed substantial development before the Kickstarter when trying to take people's money and then claim it didn't start until 6 months AFTER the Kickstarter once you have their money...

His statements about having completed substantial development and having funded a team of 16 for the year before the Kickstarter (Say May 2015ish) likely led some to believe his Dec 2017 release date was possible.   Remember, "substantial development" are the exact words he used in the KS...

Kickstarter quotes below:

We also realize that to effectively complete all of these amazing ideas will require a lot of cash. That's why we've invested half a million dollars to self-fund pre-production thus far and have another $500K committed from investors. 

We also promised to only go to Kickstarter once we had a playable demo (combat demo released at PAX East) and substantial development to show. This is not just a concept that we're presenting. It's a game in the making that we need your help to bring to fruition.

---

We have an established team of 16 people, funded from CEO, Jeromy Walsh’s, own money for the last year.

Well, I think he's covered actually,  notice in the KSer he claimed to have completed substantial "pre-production" work so he probably can validly claim "production" didn't begin until the fall of 2016.

Doesn't change the fact the first target release date, end of 2017 was ludicrous, or that the revised date of end of 2019 (still ludicrous) was not removed until Jan 2020, by Jeromy himself while claiming he had no idea that date was still on the site.
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    I am actually shocked at how bad SoE is going in terms of bringing in funding to SbS. They literally can't break 8M...so far SoE has raised like what $40,000 or so? Caspian wants ~30 employees, between salaries and hardware costs you're looking at an easy $250,000/month cash burn. They probably have about 1 to 1.5M cash now which should help them stay solvent until the end of Fall 2020....Advent calendars were a fail and now SoE looks to be a fail...they must be hoping Kick-starter Anniversary will bring in another cool 1M like last year...here is a spoiler for you...it won't.

The fact is even the white knights are starting to see SbS has nothing to show them and this is a major problem for Caspian. I do not believe for one moment that any angel investor will give this clown one penny. I'll be eating my popcorn seeing what lies Caspian comes up with next and how he plans to fund this project moving forward.

One week left in March, SoE is out already....Parkour pre-Alpha is out already....Where is the State of Elyria write up Caspian promised back in December of 2019? Why are the Ivory Tower members not curious? Where is any talk of what the studios plans to test after this parkour crap? Where is the actual Pre-Alpha?

Shame on anyone that continues to be fooled by Caspian.
    [Deleted User]Gdemami
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Well, yesterday they had to take the event back offline as well as the entire store to "deal with some issues".  Still down as of today.

These guys are reaching Legendary status for how bad they are.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Well, yesterday they had to take the event back offline as well as the entire store to "deal with some issues".  Still down as of today.

They can be pumping out all the content they want now, it doesn't address the elephant in the room...funding. Advent calendar, SoE...and i believe KSV will show that even the ivory tower white knights are fed up with being bamboozled. Sure parkour mechanics are being tested but where is all the hype on the next things to be tested? This is about to get real bad for the studios. Lets see how they even make it through this year.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

They can be pumping out all the content they want now, it doesn't address the elephant in the room...funding. Advent calendar, SoE...and i believe KSV will show that even the ivory tower white knights are fed up with being bamboozled. Sure parkour mechanics are being tested but where is all the hype on the next things to be tested? This is about to get real bad for the studios. Lets see how they even make it through this year.
    Agreed, and the current pandemic situation may result in fewer people willing to spend much on crowdfunding.   

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

So it's been like 2 days now since store+Soe went down? Is it still up or? Is the daily discount still ticking at 1% per day or did they pause it?
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    So it's been like 2 days now since store+Soe went down? Is it still up or? Is the daily discount still ticking at 1% per day or did they pause it?
    Wait, what?  They had ANOTHER failure with the cash grab land sale?  Didn't this just happen a month or two ago?
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Wait, what?  They had ANOTHER failure with the cash grab land sale?  Didn't this just happen a month or two ago?
    This "game" is always in Groundhog Day mode

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644
    Game Over !!  

No More credits left for this one folks