Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Are You Playing During the Outbreak? - March 2020 Edition

Comments

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011
    Vampyr
    Sovrath

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    edited March 2020
    *edit: Yeah, I better not post that. Too many sensitive people here.
    Post edited by NorseGod on
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756
    edited March 2020
    I'm playing "real life have to physically go work".  Free chance of COVID-19 with every visit.

Seriously though after work occasionally I'm playing Champions Online because this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=P1a7DtsfVF0&feature=emb_logo

(about 33:42)

Remind me of this a tad, though not majorly:

(video beginning at 8:37 told you why Dereth truly need heroes)

At least Cryptic used to have some of that spirit.

Otherwise I'm mostly playing Sword Coast Legends, Dragon Age Series, Skryim, & Diablo III

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Xbox - PSO2
    Switch - Animal Crossing
    PC - The Division 2
    Mobile - My Turn (Card battle game)
    PS4 - Dust Collector 2020

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Destiny 2, Witcher 3, and MTG: Arena
    [Deleted User]

Joined - July 2004

• H0urg1assH0urg1ass Member EpicPosts: 2,380
    Magic Arena

In 25 years of playing Magic, there's no digital product that was ever worth a damn.  They were either buggy as hell, looked like a middle school kid with C+ and no grasp of Aesthetics designed it or didn't offer the full range of cards available in any of the formats.

But Arena changes things.  Magic the Gathering is actually fun again, and in fact, more fun than playing at the store on Friday night with a bunch of people who never had parents to tell them to take a shower.

Instead of having decks forced on you like some older products, you build your own decks from the full range of cards in the Standard and/or Brawl Formats and pit them against other players.

If that's not your style, then you can pay to play the Limited Format's where you get random cards from packs and build your own deck on the spot.

Honestly, I haven't had that heart pounding feeling from playing a game since the early days of EVE Online when I was moving haulers full of riches through low security and praying that no one was waiting on the next gate to gank me.

MtGA is exciting and has stakes, something I've been missing for a while playing loads of single player games.
    RemyVorender
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    Utinni said:
    Why are people comparing this to sars and ebola which were nothing like this. Why not just compared it to sprained ankles if we're gonna be unrealistic.
    COVID-19 and SARS are diseases cause by Coronavirus. In fact the official designation for the virus responsible for the current outbreak is SARS-CoV-2.
    H0urg1ass said:
    Magic Arena

In 25 years of playing Magic, there's no digital product that was ever worth a damn.  They were either buggy as hell, looked like a middle school kid with C+ and no grasp of Aesthetics designed it or didn't offer the full range of cards available in any of the formats.

But Arena changes things.  Magic the Gathering is actually fun again, and in fact, more fun than playing at the store on Friday night with a bunch of people who never had parents to tell them to take a shower.

Instead of having decks forced on you like some older products, you build your own decks from the full range of cards in the Standard and/or Brawl Formats and pit them against other players.

If that's not your style, then you can pay to play the Limited Format's where you get random cards from packs and build your own deck on the spot.

Honestly, I haven't had that heart pounding feeling from playing a game since the early days of EVE Online when I was moving haulers full of riches through low security and praying that no one was waiting on the next gate to gank me.

MtGA is exciting and has stakes, something I've been missing for a while playing loads of single player games.

MTG Arena is very good, but they need to do a better job banning cheese builds that are anti-fun. I ran into a dickhead who kept playing a card that skipped my turn, then used an ability to return it to his hand. After 7 turns of him just farting around doing nothing I rolled my eyes and quit. Cards like that should be exiled instead of going into your GY.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    AoW Planetfall
    World of Tanks
    Civ 6
    Second Life

Thinking about some more Stellaris soon.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    xD_Gaming said:
    Sovrath said:
    Modding and playing Prince of Persia Sands of Time.

I literal made this reaction:

I was sort of in the mood for a Persian "something." I've never played Prince of Persia Sands of time though I've tried the start using a Steam version a few times. I had huge issues with the camera. So never even got beyond the first 30 minutes. Did some research and downloaded the Good Old Games version and it solved a lot of my issues (to a point, it's still not a very good port).

the Adventure sleuthing game?

Well, in my mod I am in a monastery and for some reason thought it would be good to have a sort of murder mystery. But I've never written a murder mystery nor have I played many murder mystery games. I'm about halfway through with that section and thought I should play one. Just to get an idea how these things work.
    [Deleted User]
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • shetlandslarsenshetlandslarsen Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Stellaris. Liking the new DLC.
    WOW retail. Capturing  pets, hunting rare achievements and leveling alts.
    I am a scizo misanthrope. So one day I may go BANZAI on your post.
    Have not yet though. Maybe there is hope?
    Nah there is really none for me or the human race. 
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Wolcen Lords of Mayhem.
    ScorchienSovrath
    Chamber of Chains
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited March 2020
    What are we playing or what are we playing with?
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Viper482 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    This entire ruckus seems so fake, so manufactured. Like we needed another 2010 crisis. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes and why a simple ARS is treated with more fear than Ebola(!).

Because the death rate for cases with an outcome (patient died or recovered) is 9%, and it's roughly 1,000 times more infectious than SARS so spread is rapid. To make matters worse infected people can take weeks to show symptoms and are contagious the entire time so it's being spread by people who don't know they're a walking Typhoid Mary.
    Since when is it 9%? It is like 3-5%, probably something like 3.8%. Plus, afaik, it is actually less infectious than flu, but is more severe. Meaning 2x1 or 1x2, who cares. The part where incubating people are contagious is exactly what I'm talking about(it doesn't seem natural - at all). Seems like a botched attempt at using a biological weapon.

Things have gotten much worse with the outbreak in Italy where almost half of patients are dying.

Here is an up to date tracking site.

11,428 deaths
    92,102 recovered
    103,530 completed case

11,428 / 103,530 = 11% fatalities so it's actually gone up since the last time I checked.

It's likely even worse, because China has lied since the beginning and their death rates are a fraction of Europe and the US.

Deaths/Recovered by country
    Italy 4032/5129 44.5%
    US 275/147 65%
    Spain 1093/1588 41%

Half of patients are not dying, stop spreading bullshit. You are taking "closed cases" data and using it incorrectly or knowingly spreading disinformation. There are like 50k infected in Italy and 4k something have died. That is the fact. And as this thing winds down the death rate is expected to be around 1-3% total (flu is 0.1% so this is bad enough). Bad enough, but not fking 50%. EBOLA IS 50%.

This should be taken seriously but people like you spreading lies makes people think it is all bullshit. The truth is bad enough. 

You can't look at the current total number of infected for a fast spreading slow acting virus. There are 3 times as many cases now as there were 2 weeks ago. When you consider that cases take 2-4 weeks from symptom onset to resolution you have to account for lag time.

Most likely it's not going to stay at 40%+, but you can't just go "nah, it'll be fine!" The more seriously people take it, the less severe the results are going to be. In China it took completely shutting down infected areas and locking people in their homes for weeks to curb the epidemic. In the West we have idiots still going out to bars every night and taking vacations for Spring Break because they listen to people on the internet telling them it's not that bad. It would be nice if this ends up with a 1-3% mortality rate, but acting as if everything's going to be fine is irresponsible.

The CDC estimated SARS would only be 4% and it ended up north of 10%. Same with Ebola, where the 2013 outbreak ended up at 70%.
    You're spreading misinformation, PERIOD. There likely 100x as many cases as what we know about since many only get cold symptoms, but we DO KNOW the deaths as they happen. Do the math clown. 

I said we should it take it serious, I have not left my house in 8 days so I am doing my part. BUT we don't need clowns like you spreading misinformation by spreading 50% death rate bullshit. It simply is not true in any way, shape, or form. STOP. 
    Caffynated
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
    Viper482 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:
    This entire ruckus seems so fake, so manufactured. Like we needed another 2010 crisis. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes and why a simple ARS is treated with more fear than Ebola(!).

Because the death rate for cases with an outcome (patient died or recovered) is 9%, and it's roughly 1,000 times more infectious than SARS so spread is rapid. To make matters worse infected people can take weeks to show symptoms and are contagious the entire time so it's being spread by people who don't know they're a walking Typhoid Mary.
    Since when is it 9%? It is like 3-5%, probably something like 3.8%. Plus, afaik, it is actually less infectious than flu, but is more severe. Meaning 2x1 or 1x2, who cares. The part where incubating people are contagious is exactly what I'm talking about(it doesn't seem natural - at all). Seems like a botched attempt at using a biological weapon.

Things have gotten much worse with the outbreak in Italy where almost half of patients are dying.

11,428 deaths
    92,102 recovered
    103,530 completed case

11,428 / 103,530 = 11% fatalities so it's actually gone up since the last time I checked.

It's likely even worse, because China has lied since the beginning and their death rates are a fraction of Europe and the US.

Italy 4032/5129 44.5%
    US 275/147 65%
    Spain 1093/1588 41%

Half of patients are not dying, stop spreading bullshit. You are taking "closed cases" data and using it incorrectly or knowingly spreading disinformation. There are like 50k infected in Italy and 4k something have died. That is the fact. And as this thing winds down the death rate is expected to be around 1-3% total (flu is 0.1% so this is bad enough). Bad enough, but not fking 50%. EBOLA IS 50%.

This should be taken seriously but people like you spreading lies makes people think it is all bullshit. The truth is bad enough. 

You can't look at the current total number of infected for a fast spreading slow acting virus. There are 3 times as many cases now as there were 2 weeks ago. When you consider that cases take 2-4 weeks from symptom onset to resolution you have to account for lag time.

Most likely it's not going to stay at 40%+, but you can't just go "nah, it'll be fine!" The more seriously people take it, the less severe the results are going to be. In China it took completely shutting down infected areas and locking people in their homes for weeks to curb the epidemic. In the West we have idiots still going out to bars every night and taking vacations for Spring Break because they listen to people on the internet telling them it's not that bad. It would be nice if this ends up with a 1-3% mortality rate, but acting as if everything's going to be fine is irresponsible.

The CDC estimated SARS would only be 4% and it ended up north of 10%. Same with Ebola, where the 2013 outbreak ended up at 70%.
    You're spreading misinformation, PERIOD. There likely 100x as many cases as what we know about since many only get cold symptoms, but we DO KNOW the deaths as they happen. Do the math clown. 

I said we should it take it serious, I have not left my house in 8 days so I am doing my part. BUT we don't need clowns like you spreading misinformation by spreading 50% death rate bullshit. It simply is not true in any way, shape, or form. STOP. 

There's no evidence to support what you're saying. South Korea has been doing mass testing but their deaths vs. total infections is the same as the US. If there were 100x as many minor cases that aren't reported/tested then South Korea's numbers would be massively inflated due to more widespread testing. They're not.
    Narug said:
    I'm playing "real life have to physically go work".  Free chance of COVID-19 with every visit.

Seriously though after work occasionally I'm playing Champions Online because this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=P1a7DtsfVF0&feature=emb_logo

(about 33:42)

Remind me of this a tad, though not majorly:

(video beginning at 8:37 told you why Dereth truly need heroes)

At least Cryptic used to have some of that spirit.

Otherwise I'm mostly playing Sword Coast Legends, Dragon Age Series, Skryim, & Diablo III

The music is so groovy!

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    I'm back playing WAR: Return of Reckoning

Haven't tried out the server in ages but it seems in a much better place than when I last tried it. I'm still in tier 1 so no idea about endgame but there are 100s of players in the RvR lakes and scenarios, never had to wait more than 10s for a scenario to pop.

Tried out a warrior priest first. I still honestly can't understand how some people play healers! I spend 80% of my time looking at health bars which just doesn't feel right to me, I miss out on so much! Its pretty easy to top the healing charts in a scenario, but I still don't feel like im making much of an impact. I'm hoping this changes as I continue to level up.

Also started an ironbreaker. I have found that order just doesn't have that many people willing to play melee characters: the good guy's tanks just can't really compare to the hulking black orc or the spikey chaos chosen. Having a lot more fun with this one, though I die all the time lol.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Tried out a warrior priest first. I still honestly can't understand how some people play healers! I spend 80% of my time looking at health bars which just doesn't feel right to me, I miss out on so much! Its pretty easy to top the healing charts in a scenario, but I still don't feel like im making much of an impact. I'm hoping this changes as I continue to level up. 
    The whole point of the Warrior Priest class design is one of casually healing those around you as you bash the enemy with your hammer.

I played one very early before the nerfs to the splash heals and I could bash a keep door and keep myself and everyone on the ram getting oil poured on us, alive with only the occasional direct heal to supplement.

Even after they nerfed splash heals some and made attacks on doors not proc splash heals (the bastards! :)) they were never really meant to be played as direct healers with eyes glued on the UI health bars.

The fun of the class is that you kill things and oh yeah, those around me survived too... cool!
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Viper482 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:

11,428 deaths
    92,102 recovered
    103,530 completed case

Italy 4032/5129 44.5%
    US 275/147 65%
    Spain 1093/1588 41%

There's no evidence to support what you're saying. South Korea has been doing mass testing but their deaths vs. total infections is the same as the US. If there were 100x as many minor cases that aren't reported/tested then South Korea's numbers would be massively inflated due to more widespread testing. They're not.
    I'm done with you. Spread any more misinformation to invoke fear and panic on this site and I am reporting you. Done.
    Caffynated
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Viper482 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:

11,428 deaths
    92,102 recovered
    103,530 completed case

Italy 4032/5129 44.5%
    US 275/147 65%
    Spain 1093/1588 41%

Stop watching CNN and wake up!  The slightly increased amount of deaths over the normal flu isn't any reason to completely shut down an entire country and risk crashing the economy.  It's the fearmongering and people like you who are causing the real problem.  

If this is so bad why aren't countries like India where 25 million people live literally on top of each other all dying horrible COVID related deaths?

10%+ of the people are dying......lol
    NarugNorseGodCaffynated[Deleted User]
    I'm back playing WAR: Return of Reckoning

Thank you for reminding me this exists! Just downloaded. Feels so good to play my High Elf Bladmaster (or whatever it's called) again!

• cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Iselin said:

The whole point of the Warrior Priest class design is one of casually healing those around you as you bash the enemy with your hammer.

I played one very early before the nerfs to the splash heals and I could bash a keep door and keep myself and everyone on the ram getting oil poured on us, alive with only the occasional direct heal to supplement.

Even after they nerfed splash heals some and made attacks on doors not proc splash heals (the bastards! :)) they were never really meant to be played as direct healers with eyes glued on the UI health bars.

The fun of the class is that you kill things and oh yeah, those around me survived too... cool!

That's what im hoping for later on, at the moment I only have 2 HoTs and 1 direct heal, 1 morale heal and then some minor healing if I can hit stuff. So, not a huge amount when it comes to healing.

Spoke to some people in game, and it sounds like WP in RoR is now the ultimate solo class, if you gear and spec for damage then the healing u get back from your attacks is really good, perfect for soloing. But, sounds like not the greatest class for warbands.

I'll keep at it though, I've never played a healer before (well, not for long) as I always get bored pretty quickly. WP is different to traditional healers so it's holding my interest. What is amusing is I think the WP's legacy from live has meant loads of people play them, instead of other healers, so there are tons about. I certainly picked it as I remember them being OP during live!
  • crankkedcrankked Member UncommonPosts: 284
    Viper482 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:

11,428 deaths
    92,102 recovered
    103,530 completed case

Italy 4032/5129 44.5%
    US 275/147 65%
    Spain 1093/1588 41%

I just saw the White House press conference where they posted the numbers given by John Hopkins University of the number of cases versus the number of deaths in america of COVID.  32,000 cases, 400 deaths.  I'll let you do the math.

Spolier alert: It's 1.2%..........

And that 32,000 number is low because most people aren't tested.  So, really it's probably WAY lower than 1% death rate.

Tell me again what the panic is and why the entire country is shutting down for something that is actually killing LESS people than the normal flu...?
    NarugNorseGod
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    crankked said:
    Viper482 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:

11,428 deaths
    92,102 recovered
    103,530 completed case

Italy 4032/5129 44.5%
    US 275/147 65%
    Spain 1093/1588 41%

I just saw the White House press conference where they posted the numbers given by John Hopkins University of the number of cases versus the number of deaths in america of COVID.  32,000 cases, 400 deaths.  I'll let you do the math.

And that 32,000 number is low because most people aren't tested.  So, really it's probably WAY lower than 1% death rate.

Tell me again what the panic is and why the entire country is shutting down for something that is actually killing LESS people than the normal flu...?
    The reason they shutdown isn't because of the number of deaths. It is because of the danger of overwhelming the hospitals. In northern Italy if you have a heart attack they cannot send anyone to come for you anymore because they are overwhelmed. Normally that person with a heart attack would have a response within a time that could save their life. Now because of the dire situation caused by the number of cases flooding the hospital each day and the overworked hospital staff normal cases like this just go untreated. You can add that to the casualty of the corona virus. That is the real concern. Not the death toll from the virus or the percentage of death from this virus.

When health services become completely overrun as they are in the North of Italy  normal cases like accidents, heart attacks and other life threatening cases aren't getting taken care of. The scarcity of ventilators means if a doctor has to choose between a 56 year and old and 86 year old the doctor has to pick the patient that has the best probability of survival. One doctor even said that in an interview that they were doing exactly that. No person would want those types of situations to be a deciding factor in their loved ones treatment.

bonzoso21cheyaneSolar_Prophet

crankked said:
    Viper482 said:
    Viper482 said:
    Gorwe said:
    Gorwe said:

11,428 deaths
    92,102 recovered
    103,530 completed case

Italy 4032/5129 44.5%
    US 275/147 65%
    Spain 1093/1588 41%

Do you understand the concept of an outcome?

Let's make it really simple.

You have 100 patients with the same illness.
    80 of them are still sick and could either die or recover
    10 of them have recovered and are not dead
    10 of them have died

You don't know how many of the 80 will die or recover. They're an unknown and still at risk. They could all die or all recover; you don't know.

You DO know the outcome of the 20 who are no longer sick. Of that group half are healthy and half are dead. Your mortality rate among known outcomes is 50%.

What reason do you have to project that 100% of the 80 still sick are going to survive? And yes, what you're saying is 100% of that 80 are going to live when you calculate a mortality rate based on deaths vs total infected.

Would you like an even simpler example?

Your favorite sportsball team plays 100 games a season. They've played 20 so far and are 10-10 with 80 games left to play. Based on the outcomes so far, is it more accurate to estimate they're going to win 90 games or 50? Maybe they go on a tear, sign a free agent, get an injured player back, face an easier schedule or whatever and their record improves. Great, I'm rooting for them. All possibilities, but until that happens their record is what it is.

Solar_Prophet
  • Odi101Odi101 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    Playing GTA 5 story mode, since for some reason, I never played until a couple weeks ago. Also, playing EVE as my got-to MMO.