Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

COE Pre-Alpha Begins! Trials of the Tested!

Comments

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    edited March 2020
    bcbully said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:
    Here we go folks, the first public, alpha level test of the Pre-Alpha client.

"This playable is focused on traversal and procedural dungeon generation. Alpha 1 backers will play through a Waerdic obstacle course as either Neran, To'resk, or The Waerd. Different traversal types that players will encounter include:

• Climbing across walls and jumping between them
    • Jumping across platforms or gaps
    • Climbing poles and jumping between them
    • Climbing and swinging on ropes
    • Ziplining
    • Balancing on beams and jumping over gaps
    • Sliding through small gaps
    • Dive rolling over small barriers
    • Running along walls and jumping between them"
    Get the full details over at:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34776/prealpha-testing-has-officially-begun
    This is a joke, right?

Not sure why some people have an issue with this, this sounds great. I wish more mmorpg's had this type of mobility for a character.
    Oh man, MMO crowdfunding developers must love you.

Well, I'm certainly not a whiny complainy individual who looks at everything with a jaundiced eye.

Looking at everything in gaming with a jaundiced eye these days may be extreme but certainly much more sensible than not being skeptical at all.

Lots of PR spin and horseshit associated with game promotion these days. Haven't you noticed?
    I just expect people to do what they say they will do.  These guys had a Dec 2017 ETA for full launch of the game.  When questioned, their CEO mocked the questioners and pointed to his Gantt Charts.   Now it's 2020 and we have a low-res single-player parkour demo that seems to show nothing more than what a free UE4 plugin created by a kid in college in a few weeks does.

During Kickstarter, they literally PROMISED to have updated schedules on their website.  Now they do not even have a general ETA for any phase, let alone launch.

Sounds like the 2017 release date for Saga of Lucimia that they pushed back to 2021. Oh and the pr guy just mocked those asking about the delay with zero answer.

You where pretty white in your knighting in those threads.
    Link please?
    Is this what you consider White Knighting? 
    https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/7575938/#Comment_7575938

I also do not know enough about this 2017 date to comment. If the game was promised in 2017 (I do not suppose you have a link) than anyone who bought in has a legitimate beef.  I think in general they have sold a few hundred copies so I do not think there are many people invested in SoL, unlike $8M in CoE.

Have anything else to contribute to the actual topic?

Post edited by Slapshot1188 on
    Gdemami

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• BrotherMaynardBrotherMaynard Member RarePosts: 567
    This is 12 days too early.

Wouldn't it be fun if Caspian posted in 12 days "well folks, this is the minimum viable product!" and then disappeared?

This is 12 days too early.

Wouldn't it be fun if Caspian posted in 12 days "well folks, this is the minimum viable product!" and then disappeared?

If sales do not pick up he may not have a choice.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

"This playable is focused on traversal and procedural dungeon generation. Alpha 1 backers will play through a Waerdic obstacle course as either Neran, To'resk, or The Waerd. Different traversal types that players will encounter include:

• Ziplining

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/34776/prealpha-testing-has-officially-begun
    This is a joke, right?

Not sure why some people have an issue with this, this sounds great. I wish more mmorpg's had this type of mobility for a character.

Well, I'm certainly not a whiny complainy individual who looks at everything with a jaundiced eye.

Nope, you appear to be on the opposite end of the spectrum.
    [Deleted User]
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    bcbully said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

• Ziplining

This is a joke, right?

Looking at everything in gaming with a jaundiced eye these days may be extreme but certainly much more sensible than not being skeptical at all.

Lots of PR spin and horseshit associated with game promotion these days. Haven't you noticed?
    I just expect people to do what they say they will do.  These guys had a Dec 2017 ETA for full launch of the game.  When questioned, their CEO mocked the questioners and pointed to his Gantt Charts.   Now it's 2020 and we have a low-res single-player parkour demo that seems to show nothing more than what a free UE4 plugin created by a kid in college in a few weeks does.

During Kickstarter, they literally PROMISED to have updated schedules on their website.  Now they do not even have a general ETA for any phase, let alone launch.

Sounds like the 2017 release date for Saga of Lucimia that they pushed back to 2021. Oh and the pr guy just mocked those asking about the delay with zero answer.

Link please?

I also do not know enough about this 2017 date to comment. If the game was promised in 2017 (I do not suppose you have a link) than anyone who bought in has a legitimate beef.  I think in general they have sold a few hundred copies so I do not think there are many people invested in SoL, unlike $8M in CoE.

“Meanwhile, we're vetting team member 18 right now, and moving onwards and upwards. Everyone on board is doing this for the passion, not for the money. Any paychecks we'll take will likely happen once we launch in December of 2017, and see how well our game does then.” - Renfail 2015

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/439876/pantheon-and-or-saga-of-lucima-will-change-everything/p2

All I’m saying is keep the sane energy when going after these “developers”.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    bcbully said:
    bcbully said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

• Ziplining

This is a joke, right?

Link please?

“Meanwhile, we're vetting team member 18 right now, and moving onwards and upwards. Everyone on board is doing this for the passion, not for the money. Any paychecks we'll take will likely happen once we launch in December of 2017, and see how well our game does then.” - Renfail 2015

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/439876/pantheon-and-or-saga-of-lucima-will-change-everything/p2

I’m sure you continued reading that thread to see my response about them going down the same road as Pathfinder Online...

Difference I see:

1. These guys have not drawn a paycheck.  Delays hurt them.  Caspien as far as I know continues to draw a paycheck month after month and I believe family members MAY as well.

2. They actually shut down their store for a long time.  I think over a year.  CoE has raised $8M, and continues to push sales.

3. I guess they have a new ETA. Something COE does not have.

Similarities:
    1. Both over promised on release dates and it’s certainly valid to criticize both for that.

2. I have told both devs to be careful of what they say because it will be quoted back at them when they fail to deliver.

Happy?

Anything to add to the actual thread now?  Are you impressed with this low-res single player parkour demo?
    Gdemami

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    bcbully said:
    bcbully said:
    Iselin said:
    Sovrath said:
    Sovrath said:
    Kyleran said:

• Ziplining

This is a joke, right?

Link please?

I’m sure you continued reading that thread to see my response about them going down the same road as Pathfinder Online...

Difference I see:

1. These guys have not drawn a paycheck.  Delays hurt them.  Caspien as far as I know continues to draw a paycheck month after month and I believe family members MAY as well.

2. They actually shut down their store for a long time.  I think over a year.  CoE has raised $8M, and continues to push sales.

3. I guess they have a new ETA. Something COE does not have.

Similarities:
    1. Both over promised on release dates and it’s certainly valid to criticize both for that.

2. I have told both devs to be careful of what they say because it will be quoted back at them when they fail to deliver.

Happy?

Anything to add to the actual thread now?  Are you impressed with this low-res single player parkour demo?
    Thank you. 

Nope not impressed. Low res does not bother me at all though.

When I see some large scale pvp with individual differences makers I’ll be impressed.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Sovrath said:

It seems to me that you are one of the people who put money in and aren't happy with what they have. Well, shame on you for doing that you should know better that when you give money to these things "it's gone." that's it. You're literally saying 'here's some cash, hope you can do it.'

Nope.  Strike one.

Now instead of complaining about people complaining would you like to take a shot at answering what I posed?  What progress does this show after 4-5 years of development and nearly $8M?  What does it show that is not seen in free UE4 plugins?

Why would anyone be excited by this?

I have only been following the game here and there. I can't say if there progress is great and from the responses it seems people are unhappy with it. But you know, what kickstarted mmorpg isn't having issues. I think we've seen by now that most of them (as far as I've seen) have huge issues getting finished.

Like I said, I was commenting on how awesome those features are. I wish more mmorpg's had them. And more puzzles (that require the player to solve in the moment and not something they can look up on the web) and more ways to give the players the ability to do something other than what other mmorpg's have done.

I haven't given money to this game and wouldn't. I've only given to Pantheon (after they showed actual game play) and Camelot Unchained because there was such a cry for a successor to Dark Age of Camelot I thought I'd chime in and vote with my wallet and see if they could do it.

I don't expect either game to launch and that's fine. If I give money to a project then it's gone and we'll see what we'll see.

Just like if someone gave money to this game. Can't get upset at something that was never guaranteed. That's my stance. If you have a different opinion you are welcome to it but I don't share that way of looking at things.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
       Ive said it since the day COE was announced ,  with Caspian at the head this is not worth paying attention , ive also stated before that i do not get why some want to waste so much energy on something so insignifigant , unless of course they get some sort of joy from this .. which is well , something else ..

Move on folks this was never worth your attention or energy from the get go
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    How do you alpha a pre-alpha? Shouldn't you be pre-alphaing it? What does the act of pre-alphaing look like? Do you only use one finger and wear an eye-patch? So many questions...
    Well you have Alpha Alpha Pre-Alpha Alpha.

Which is not to be confused with Pre-Alpha Alpha Alpha Alpha, or Alpha Alpha Alpha Pre-Alpha, or Pre-Alpha Beta Alpha Pre-Alpha.

KyleranAnOldFartTacticalZombeh
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• TorrskTorrsk Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Sovrath said:

Like I said, I was commenting on how awesome those features are. I wish more mmorpg's had them. And more puzzles (that require the player to solve in the moment and not something they can look up on the web) and more ways to give the players the ability to do something other than what other mmorpg's have done.

Let me speak on someone that has dumped way too much money into this game. I give zero fucks about puzzles, jumping puzzles annoy me more. Though I still loved dying light and that has heaps of jumping from platform to platform. But then that was sold having that. 

While it was spoke a bit about having traps within dungeons, so you can protect your loot if you happen to live within a cave and no doubt some houses can be setup like that.

Most of the backers give equally zero fucks about this. While sure it's a nice starting point. This crap has been shown off for the better part of a year, throughout all their shinies. Which brings back the point, how long do they really need to spend on this?

That has been Slaps whole point, from how I'm reading it. I wouldn't have cared if we were only 1-2 years into development. It would then show good progress. Coming up on 4 years and this is what we have? How about all the other systems that they have not shown off, let alone talked about.

Also why didn't we just get Pre-Elyria. This was the first I heard of even getting something like this. It works well since Caspian did promise getting something into the hands of the players, this year. Everyone thought that meant Pre-Elyria. Now we got some small course/test. So does that mean this is Pre-pre alpha? Are they really that far behind? Pre-Elyria was meant to be really basic. A very rough first step. 

They have so many unique things they could have shown off. But they go with a basic jumping puzzles. Like they can't code anything else.
    Gdemami
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Torrsk said:
    Sovrath said:

Let me speak on someone that has dumped way too much money into this game. I give zero fucks about puzzles, jumping puzzles annoy me more. Though I still loved dying light and that has heaps of jumping from platform to platform. But then that was sold having that. 

While it was spoke a bit about having traps within dungeons, so you can protect your loot if you happen to live within a cave and no doubt some houses can be setup like that.

Most of the backers give equally zero fucks about this. While sure it's a nice starting point. This crap has been shown off for the better part of a year, throughout all their shinies. Which brings back the point, how long do they really need to spend on this?

That has been Slaps whole point, from how I'm reading it. I wouldn't have cared if we were only 1-2 years into development. It would then show good progress. Coming up on 4 years and this is what we have? How about all the other systems that they have not shown off, let alone talked about.

Also why didn't we just get Pre-Elyria. This was the first I heard of even getting something like this. It works well since Caspian did promise getting something into the hands of the players, this year. Everyone thought that meant Pre-Elyria. Now we got some small course/test. So does that mean this is Pre-pre alpha? Are they really that far behind? Pre-Elyria was meant to be really basic. A very rough first step. 

They have so many unique things they could have shown off. But they go with a basic jumping puzzles. Like they can't code anything else.
    Sorry you spent money on it.  I'm not sure it started off as a scam, but now...
    Gdemami
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Alpha test of the pre-Alpha client...ummmm  ok.What does that even mean?

From what i am reading this doesn't sound like it should be using any ALPHA terms at all,more like a simple phase of testing some ideas.

Terms like ALpha...Beta should be when there is a fully fledged game but just not tested.The Alpha tests the game and mechanics,ideas then the team goes back and maybe reworks,changes stuff.Then maybe another Alpha to test any new code/ideas/changes.

Then when you got everything in place,you do a Beta which typically tests servers,over load,logins,broken mechanics or any bugs that never got noticed before.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

edited March 2020
    Torrsk said:

Just a correction there.  Kickstarter was started May 2016. According to the Kickstarter campaign they had an established team of 16 funded by Walsh working for the prior year on the project.  they also said they already had completed "substantial development" on the game before they started the Kickstarter.

That's all their words, not mine.

So by their words they have been in development for about 5 years now (once it hits May).

I know Caspien likes to go and try to Retcon the past and now bizarrely states the game has been in development for only 3 years but someone needs to show him his own Kickstarter campaign.  Funny how he had completed substantial development prior to May 2016 but now tries to say they only started 3 years ago... and nobody calls him on it.

What is most concerning is a throwback to this Kickstarter Update where they announced SpatialOS would be the fabric the game was built on:

"This partnership answers the fundamental question, "How are you going to build a world this large, with a hundred thousands players, and all these never-before-seen features?!" The answer is SpatialOS.

SpatialOS will act as the fabric that our game is built on. It's the server technology that will allow us to support millions of entities in the world. Built first and foremost as a scalable, distributed operating system for games, SpatialOS means we don't have to spend time developing the things that generally take the most time when building a new MMO.

We don't have to worry about networking on the server, load balancing all the entities in the world, replication of entities across multiple server nodes, cross-process communication, collision detection of millions of entities, etc. In short, we don't have to worry about developing any of the technology that makes an MMO, an MMO."

As you know, they later dropped SpatialOS and announced they were developing their own solution.   Recently they have stated that there were some issues with their solution and they were looking for an alternate.  So, after all this time they still have not answered their self-described FUNDAMENTAL QUESTION about how they would get the game to work.  But they do have single-player low-res parkour that is buggy as shit.

Kyleran[Deleted User]Gdemami

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Kyleran said:

• Ziplining

Do you guys remember the Walkie Talkie Man song?

Cept for for CoE people it goes like:

We're climbing and jumping and climbing and climbing and ziplining and balancing on beams...

He's bad and we don't run too fast - but he runs along the walls faster than me.
    Harbinger of Fools
    I always wonder how long are people willing to wait. Lets assume they somehow manage to keep the funds coming in, what if there is no game in 2022, 2024, etc.. when will the backers say eff it, I want my money back.
    Well it helps there isn't any money to get back. Multi people have asked for their money back, they aren't getting jack back. 

What MMO is giving people money back? Ashes of Creation maybe? Would be shooting themselves in the foot if SBS did that. So many would just cut out now and buy in many years later for an even better deal. But I know this game will start dead, basically like any pay to win game before it. And if people somehow get pass the fact that people have everything in the game over them. By the time they finally release it, I doubt anyone will even care. 

Just the fact they need 3 weeks to test such a basic feature. That's insane. Even more insane since how many people are stuck at home from this dam virus going on. Of course do they really need that long or do they just have nothing else ready, is the real question.
  • DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Xsolla does refunds for purchases within a 180d limit. They do a case by case investigation for purchases beyond that limit. 
  • AnOldFartAnOldFart Member RarePosts: 562
    Deveron said:
    Xsolla does refunds for purchases within a 180d limit. They do a case by case investigation for purchases beyond that limit. 
    Yeah I have been messaged and looked into this. 
    But my main issue is I spent quite a bit on kickstarter and minimal using Xsolla...

Wish I had ignores ks and bought the whole package afterwards so that I could claim it all back. Instead it's just written off money 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    I always wonder how long are people willing to wait. Lets assume they somehow manage to keep the funds coming in, what if there is no game in 2022, 2024, etc.. when will the backers say eff it, I want my money back.
    I keep asking the same question with regards to Star Citizen, 8 plus years in the making yet they were able to pull in about $50M in additional crowdfunding last year.

Still no firm release dates for either of their two games yet, but still hope springs eternal.

If SBS can start delivering a steady stream of content for backers to test they could possible continue this effort for many years to come.

Well, except for the fact this is the year the world as we knew it has come to its end, people might not be so willing to throw money at non essentials,  especially intangibles such as undelivered games.
    Gdemami

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• goldboyy45goldboyy45 Member UncommonPosts: 301
    I have never seen the White Knight syndrome some of their sheep have. Winter seriously gives me anxiety, please tell me what this white knight even knows? Look at this:

https://ibb.co/MNWFy4q
    Gdemami
    I have never seen the White Knight syndrome some of their sheep have. Winter seriously gives me anxiety, please tell me what this white knight even knows? Look at this:

https://ibb.co/MNWFy4q
    Haha I knew it be Violet. Bloody shilling for sure. It's also amazing what a few nudes in the right places will do. 

But seeing as she is an ambassador, it's clear they have an higher NDA than the normal person. 
  • DeveronDeveron Member UncommonPosts: 60
    AnOldFart said:
    Deveron said:
    But my main issue is I spent quite a bit on kickstarter and minimal using Xsolla...

Wish I had ignores ks and bought the whole package afterwards so that I could claim it all back. Instead it's just written off money 
    If your negotiations with Xsolla came to an end, there’s the BBB and the Attorney General of Washington to contact. The latter seems to have a pretty firm stance on crowdfunded projects not delivering.

“Washington state will not tolerate crowdfunding theft,” said Ferguson. “If you accept money from consumers, and don’t follow through on your obligations, my office will hold you accountable.”

https://www.atg.wa.gov/news/news-releases/ag-makes-crowdfunded-company-pay-shady-deal

They promised to deliver a full game by 2017 during KS, postponed to 2018, 19 and then to an indefinite date in the future for purchases in their shop. Someone’s not following through on their obligations. At least for purchases made prior to the changed date of delivery to “ready, when it’s ready”. 

Even tho I believe that’s - in general - a good approach to development, I don’t think it’s viable as a date of delivery in a contract. But it certainly is up for dispute when exactly that might be now and when it should be considered missed.

Anyways, their policies are as much worth as their promises, so if you dropped big amounts on this, seek legal council. 
    Gdemami
  • Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Iselin said:
    Kyleran said:
    How do you alpha a pre-alpha? Shouldn't you be pre-alphaing it? What does the act of pre-alphaing look like? Do you only use one finger and wear an eye-patch? So many questions...
    Considering this we will get the following stages:
    1. Alpha - Pre-Alpha
    2. Beta - Pre-Alpha
    3. Release - Pre-Alpha
    4. Alpha - Alpha
    5. Beta - Alpha
    6. Release - Alpha
    7. Alpha - Beta 
    8. Beta - Beta
    9. Release - Beta
    10. Alpha - Release
    11. Beta - Release
    12. Release

Given the time they needed to create the "Pre-Alpha Alpha" we will have a release in roundabout 12.07.2035 12.15pm.

And all this effort to release a demo which every student project team in my university was able to deliever within 1 semester....wow.

Ok but now seriously.
    I assume this is the demo they showed a few weeks ago.
    We all know they have developed more than this. I just dont understand (like Camelot Unchained) why they release this useless piece of demo. 

You wont get many people testing this more than 2 times (except the die hard fans) because it offers no content.
    Gives us the world you have built and let us at least communicate and play with others. So even if there is no content we can chat and roleplay.
    Viper482

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

• Morgenes83Morgenes83 Member UncommonPosts: 286
    Kyleran said:
    I keep asking the same question with regards to Star Citizen, 8 plus years in the making yet they were able to pull in about $50M in additional crowdfunding last year.

Still no firm release dates for either of their two games yet, but still hope springs eternal.

If SBS can start delivering a steady stream of content for backers to test they could possible continue this effort for many years to come.

Well, except for the fact this is the year the world as we knew it has come to its end, people might not be so willing to throw money at non essentials,  especially intangibles such as undelivered games.
    While I didnt back Star Citizen and also dont expect them to release soon, they at least show something like a consistent world where people can play, chat, etc.

Unlike all the other crowdfunded games they seem to know that a software is never bugfree and that the last 20% take 80% of time.
    So they at least released -I guess most of- the content they have.

And thats how you get money. By showing what you did. Not by pure words and demos which are done by a trainee within 3 months.
    Gdemami

1997 Meridian 59 'til 2019 ESO 

Waiting for Camelot Unchained & Pantheon

edited March 2020
    Deveron said:
    AnOldFart said:
    Deveron said:

If your negotiations with Xsolla came to an end, there’s the BBB and the Attorney General of Washington to contact. The latter seems to have a pretty firm stance on crowdfunded projects not delivering.

“Washington state will not tolerate crowdfunding theft,” said Ferguson. “If you accept money from consumers, and don’t follow through on your obligations, my office will hold you accountable.”

https://www.atg.wa.gov/news/news-releases/ag-makes-crowdfunded-company-pay-shady-deal

They promised to deliver a full game by 2017 during KS, postponed to 2018, 19 and then to an indefinite date in the future for purchases in their shop. Someone’s not following through on their obligations. At least for purchases made prior to the changed date of delivery to “ready, when it’s ready”. 

Even tho I believe that’s - in general - a good approach to development, I don’t think it’s viable as a date of delivery in a contract. But it certainly is up for dispute when exactly that might be now and when it should be considered missed.

Anyways, their policies are as much worth as their promises, so if you dropped big amounts on this, seek legal council. 
    I think where SBS could get themselves in trouble is Jeromy's recent statements about when they started production.  According to the Kickstarter they had substantial development completed before the Kickstarter (May 2016) through a team of 16 funded by Walsh for the prior year (- 1 year = May 2015).  Now he is trying to say production did not start until Nov 2016.

----------------

Caspian ☁Last Thursday at 9:39 PM

Hey all! Our kickstarter was in 2016. And we entered production in November of 2016. So we've been in production for a little over 3 years.

----------------

You cannot brag about how you completed substantial development before the Kickstarter when trying to take people's money and then claim it didn't start until 6 months AFTER the Kickstarter once you have their money...

His statements about having completed substantial development and having funded a team of 16 for the year before the Kickstarter (Say May 2015ish) likely led some to believe his Dec 2017 release date was possible.   Remember, "substantial development" are the exact words he used in the KS...

Kickstarter quotes below:

We also realize that to effectively complete all of these amazing ideas will require a lot of cash. That's why we've invested half a million dollars to self-fund pre-production thus far and have another $500K committed from investors. 

We also promised to only go to Kickstarter once we had a playable demo (combat demo released at PAX East) and substantial development to show. This is not just a concept that we're presenting. It's a game in the making that we need your help to bring to fruition.

---

We have an established team of 16 people, funded from CEO, Jeromy Walsh’s, own money for the last year.

Gdemami