Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Celebrity voices

MendelMendel Member LegendaryPosts: 5,609
If you could add a feature to alter your voice so that anything you said sounded like a specific character, who would you want to sound like?

I've got several choices.  Don Adams (Maxwell Smart) "I asked you not to tell me that" and Foghorn Leghorn "Any fool knows that adding a half-naught to a half-naught gives a full-naught.  Son, you've got to start paying attention"

(On the bright side, making everyone sound like a character couldn't really hurt the use of VoIP communications in games, could it?)

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

Narug

Comments

• CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
    Easy. Arnold Shwartzeneggar
    Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
    You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited March 2020
    Tony Jay

Fallback option, Simon Templeman

cheyane
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Good question! Never really thought about it much so this was a fun thought exercise, thanks Mendel!

For male characters, I love the grizzled veteran look, so I'd go for Stephan Lang (the colonel dude from Avatar). He's got a nice deep voice, very authoritative, with a rustic twang that lets u know he's not a pretentious officer/leader: he's willing to get his hands messy like the rest of us.

Backup: Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok. I fell in love with the Vikings series and have grown my hair and beard irl to achieve a viking look (though, I lack the skills to make my hair look that good!).

Another backup: Zachary Levi (Chuck), assuming my toon was meant to be a bit of a joker / geek.

For female characters: Michelle Rodriguez, pretty much for teh same reasons as Stephan Lang lol.

I'm trying to think of an older female voice for when I play older characters but can't think what I'd want. Too many of the actresses that spring to mind are classically trained, and trying to imagine my character running around sounding like Helen Mirran just isn't doing it for me.....

Thumbs up for the Arnie choice. One of the things I loved about XCOM 2 was being able to add voices to your squad. You can bet I had Arnie in my squad!
  • cameltosiscameltosis Member LegendaryPosts: 3,706
    Additionally

Jason Mamoa - for any sort of blood thirsty melee character, especially if he did it in his dothraki voice/accent. Vin Diesel for a similar reason, but Id prefer Mamoa

John Rhys Davies - for a dwarf, but only because he did an amazing job as Gimli and I can't think of a more suitable voice. He has forever set the tone and accent for dwarves in my mind, even when I read books with loads of dwarves in them, they all sound like Gimli in my head!

To flip things around.....

I would never group with someone who used Ricky Gervais' voice, and I would actively hunt them down in PvP whenever possible. I hate that guy and his style of comedy!

I can't think of a actor to voice an orc. Orcs are usually my favourite fantasy race, but are usually voiced pretty poorly. My favourite orcs (orks) are warhammer 40k orks, but they're always voiced in a commical way which i dislike. Maybe I'd get the voice done by Manu Bennett (Arrow, Shannara Chronicles) as he acted / voiced Azog the Defiler in the Hobbit movies and did a pretty good job.
    Narug
  • NarugNarug Member UncommonPosts: 756
    edited March 2020
    Guess I'll bite:

For a spelling casting / wizard type I'm torn between the late David Ogden Stiers:

Temmmmmmmmmpuuuuuuuus!

David Warner:

Ah the child of Bhaal has awoken

Sir Ian McKellen

The late Sir Christopher Lee

For warriors and fighters I prefer dwarves so I'd go with Cameltosis's suggestion of John Rhys Davies as Gimili

starting at 2:20 always gave me a good chuckle

Brian Blessed:

The comments are right.  That dude does have energy.
    Sovrath

AC2 Player RIP Final Death Jan 31st 2017

Refugee of Auberean

Refugee of Dereth

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I watched a lot of cartoons with Tony Jay voicing the villain. God I miss that voice.
    Mendel
    Chamber of Chains
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Strother Martin.

"Morons. I've got morons on the team."

"What we have here is ... failure to communicate."

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Sam Elliott. Hands down :)

@cameltosis ... I seem to recall playing an RPG where an Orc (NPC) spoke intelligently and remarked about the stereotypical "brutish" portrayal of Orcs. Of course, the name of the game escapes me now...
    cameltosisNarugArglebargleAmathe

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    I would use the person who voices Raiden in MK11.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Alan Rickman

second choice ... James Earl Jones
    NarugcameltosisMendel
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo