Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm definitely getting Wolcen. For sure. Maybe.

2»

Comments

• MaridMarid Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Utinni said:
    Marid said:
    Utinni said:
    I wouldn't buy this game yet. If I could refund it I would. It's gonna be good in a year or so but it was definitely false advertisement to remove the EA tag from it's steam page. It's more than just bugs. Save your money. Play Grim Dawn, or check out Last Epoch.

I've got around 500 hrs in Grim Dawn...great game. One of my favorites. As for Wolcen, I'm going to wait 'til the next big patch before I buy it. What are the biggest issues in the game right now, in your opinion? I've heard of a couple that would really impact the way I play these kinds of games: 1) you can't minimize the game to get on the internet; and 2) there is no pause feature...and if you're afk for too long the game kicks you out to the main menu. Maybe these things have been fixed already...I hope so, because I'm constantly hopping on the internet to look stuff up. 
    You can 100% minimize the game, never heard of that. No pause feature for sure just like most online games. It's mostly the management of the game and the crashes to desktop that a lot of folks are getting.
    For instance the way they handled the gold duping. Instead of any investigating or research they simply put a threshold for gold into the game and anyone past that had their gold reduced. This affected people who duped and didn't. The even bigger issue is that its now part of the game. Once you hit this threshold, even though duping is gone, it deletes your gold. 
    After that there really isn't anything to chase in the game. There is no real endgame yet and a small, buggy campaign of 3 acts. There's just not much to do. You can try random builds to make yourself feel creative but only a few combinations can do much. Most of the skills and nodes had/still have incorrect values or math involved. 

It's just still in beta. If it was $15 I'd say its worth it but at $40 you're just supporting the dev team. If you want to support an early beta of an indie company then go for it, otherwise I'd wait until they are actually finished with the base game.

Ahh, ok. Gold duping would be very bad for an online game, but deleting someones gold is beyond evil! I won't have to worry about that, though, because I'll be spending all my extra gold on whores and whiskey! J/k...I don't even like whiskey. o:)

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of my main concerns is that the dungeon maps aren't procedurally generated...so, unless they consistently add new maps to the game that will be a huge problem, for me at least. I'm hoping that they hire some additional developers so that they can make improvements to the game more quickly...fingers crossed.

• TruvidiennTruvidienn Member UncommonPosts: 320
    One thing I wanted to point out if it hasn't been noted so far that one thing I'm experiencing with running dual pistols is that majority of my auto attacks are blocked if I'm dealing with any sort of wave coming at me with a Necromancer in the back. I find myself having to kite them just so I can find a small window to attack the Necromancer spawning everyone over and over again. 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited March 2020
    One thing I wanted to point out if it hasn't been noted so far that one thing I'm experiencing with running dual pistols is that majority of my auto attacks are blocked if I'm dealing with any sort of wave coming at me with a Necromancer in the back. I find myself having to kite them just so I can find a small window to attack the Necromancer spawning everyone over and over again. 
    Sounds like you're getting a taste of the player's own medicine. That's how a lot of player Necromancers work in Wolcen or D3 or just about any other ARPG that has them: lots of minion density up front to keep them from getting to you.

That's also how I played my Summoner in Wolcen in the low levels but now with my all resistances score around 6000 and a high block chance I tank the mobs so that my minions can stay safely behind me and do their damage lol.

As to dealing with mob necros I just drop a couple of anomalies near them with the continuous pull mod and they just dance from one anomaly to the other until they're dead.
    kitarad
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919
    edited March 2020
    I'm really liking the mechanics on the summoner so far. Have to adjust my playstyle after a 2hand toughness build.
    Post edited by kitarad on

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    kitarad said:
    I'm really liking the mechanics on the summoner so far. Have to adjust my playstyle after a 2hand toughness build.

Speaking of which...

I meant to post my Wolcen Summoner build here but I forgot. It needs updating badly since I've gone well beyond that now and switched from using "tenet points" for damage mitigation into all resists and blocks because those don't get whittled away as you take damage,  but it'll  get you into the 100+ expedition range as it currently is:

https://wolcen-universe.com/builds/Ox34ey-toxic-aether-summoner

kitaradcheyane
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED