Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Persona 5 Royal Impressions

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited March 2020 in News & Features Discussion

imagePersona 5 Royal Impressions

Join Robin as she tackles the dautning - but so far excellent - Persona 5 Royal. Having never played the original, join her in her journey through the Metaverse to change the hearts of crappy adults!

Read the full story here

Comments

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    I just finished the original P5 (after it sitting on my PS4 for over a year untouched), and MAN, it completely blew me away. All 110 hours of it.

I would have cancelled my run for a fresh one in Royal, if I wasn't already 50 hours in at that time, hehe.
    Arlee
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Mr Hardin making sure the press gets their copies to create the hype for pre sales on this over rated $90 Prince of Thieves release.

Zelda BOYW,best ever JRPG,then PSO2 best ever JRPG,Persona 5 or at least prior versions best ever jrpg's.

Next it will be FF7 remake,best ever JRPG and then it will be the next new release.At least with FF7 imo it will actually be arguably one of the best but still FFXV has an argument to the JRPG crown.

The UI alone,looks like a Batman comic from the 70's,i cannot take a game like that seriously.Console games that still look like OLD console games is a throwback to lack of effort.The dialogue boxes and even the dialogue is too immature,seemingly designed for an age group 8-16.

I can't imagine how anyone could pay $90 pre order on this franchise.
    BizkitNLGameByNight

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited March 2020
    I adore this game. It's sleek, stylish, fun, relaxing, and oh so very fucking groovy.

Mikoto best girl.

Wizardry said:
    Mr Hardin making sure the press gets their copies to create the hype for pre sales on this over rated $90 Prince of Thieves release.

Zelda BOYW,best ever JRPG,then PSO2 best ever JRPG,Persona 5 or at least prior versions best ever jrpg's.

Next it will be FF7 remake,best ever JRPG and then it will be the next new release.At least with FF7 imo it will actually be arguably one of the best but still FFXV has an argument to the JRPG crown.

The UI alone,looks like a Batman comic from the 70's,i cannot take a game like that seriously.Console games that still look like OLD console games is a throwback to lack of effort.The dialogue boxes and even the dialogue is too immature,seemingly designed for an age group 8-16.

The UI is one of the game's best received critical points and represents the exact opposite of a lack of effort. It's one of gaming's best and most thematic UI's, and the fact that you wrote it off just for being stylized says everything that needs to be said for your intelligence and credibility. 

Please stick to gushing about ancient, mediocre MMOs and bad survival games. It's all you're good at.
    moshralotrloreValdheim
  • moshramoshra Member RarePosts: 400
    Aeander said:
    I adore this game. It's sleek, stylish, fun, relaxing, and oh so very fucking groovy.

Mikoto best girl.

Wizardry said:

The UI is one of the game's best received critical points and represents the exact opposite of a lack of effort. It's one of gaming's best and most thematic UI's, and the fact that you wrote it off just for being stylized says everything that needs to be said for your intelligence and credibility. 

Please stick to gushing about ancient, mediocre MMOs and bad survival games. It's all you're good at.

Is he really good at it though?  
  • lotrlorelotrlore Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 558

Aeander said:

Mikoto best girl.

Wizardry said:

Also, Mr Hardin hasn't been at ATLUS for years now.
  • GameByNightGameByNight Hardware and Technology EditorMMORPG.COM Staff, Member RarePosts: 793
    I really wish this game were on Switch so I could take it on the go.
    AeanderValdheimArleeLackingMMO
  • ValdheimValdheim Member RarePosts: 614
    edited March 2020

I really wish this game were on Switch so I could take it on the go.

Agree! When they announced the Royal Edition I was really hoping that this one will be for the Switch too :-(